PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions

Titans Fan
03-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Last season, I chose to sell my lawn service business when we found out that my father had cancer in April. He passed away in October.

All of my customers understood the circumstances, and were very kind.

I decided to become an insurance agent back in December and things are very slow in the beginning. I think it will take several years in order to build my customer base.

To make matters worse, my wife is losing her job in two weeks. And she has been our bread winner.

I called the man who bought me out last year and asked how it was going. He said that he had a new job, but wanted to mow as well. Two weeks later he called and offered to sell it back to me.

All of my customers were happy to have me back.

Here's where the questions come in....

I want to actually grow the business even more and my wife and I will operate it. She won't go back to her job as a dental hygienist.

Has anyone ever used a flyer with a place for a bid and went door-to-door?

I want to buy a backpack, I would love some feedback from those using the RedMax 7001?

Does lettering your truck really help with the growth of one's business?

And does anyone have a gas tank mounted on their trailer for the 2-cycle stuff? I would like to find a 5-gal. can or tank that can be mounted where I can put the trimmer and blower underneath it to fill it?

Sorry this took so long!

Thanks!

nobagger
03-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Last season, I chose to sell my lawn service business when we found out that my father had cancer in April. He passed away in October.

All of my customers understood the circumstances, and were very kind.

I decided to become an insurance agent back in December and things are very slow in the beginning. I think it will take several years in order to build my customer base.

To make matters worse, my wife is losing her job in two weeks. And she has been our bread winner.

I called the man who bought me out last year and asked how it was going. He said that he had a new job, but wanted to mow as well. Two weeks later he called and offered to sell it back to me.

All of my customers were happy to have me back.

Here's where the questions come in....

I want to actually grow the business even more and my wife and I will operate it. She won't go back to her job as a dental hygienist.

Has anyone ever used a flyer with a place for a bid and went door-to-door?

I want to buy a backpack, I would love some feedback from those using the RedMax 7001?

Does lettering your truck really help with the growth of one's business?

And does anyone have a gas tank mounted on their trailer for the 2-cycle stuff? I would like to find a 5-gal. can or tank that can be mounted where I can put the trimmer and blower underneath it to fill it?

Sorry this took so long!

Thanks!
Well to give you my opinion,
Make up some decent looking flyer (I've used a computer generated one and it worked ok) be prepared to hand out several hundered or even thousands.
Lettering looks more professional IMO, but I have only had maybe a couple of people call me due to the lettering. (but its 2 more than I would have got)
As far as the fuel, just secure it somewhere you can access it easily with a small funnel no need to get fancy with fuel.
And lastly I dont use Red Maxx so I cant help you there, I use Echo, I have several, PB 200, and a 651 b/p blower (lots of power).Good luck:waving:

Titans Fan
03-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the advice!