PDA

View Full Version : Some piers, fencing and paving

Squizzy246B
03-05-2006, 10:29 AM
I finally got around to taking the finished photos of this job we finished just after christmas.

We took 16 cu yds of rubbish out of this site before we ran in the clean sand.

Under our wall is an old hand laid random ironstone wall of which I had no construction detail. The neighbour, who has a pool which the fibre sheet fence is going to fall into shortly, wanted nothing to do with this job...??. To make it work we dug down the back of the old ironstone wall and poured a concrete footing of our own.

Then the main task was getting the blocks in...and getting the emptyheads at the fence factory to cut the sheets to the right length.

Squizzy246B
03-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Another view of job, we had to put a small step in the end section. You can see the concrete footing in some of these shots.

Squizzy246B
03-05-2006, 10:32 AM
This is where a boom extension comes in handy:

Squizzy246B
03-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Here is the end product:

Squizzy246B
03-05-2006, 10:37 AM
I forgot to add, in the first pic above you can see the rust red frame for the glass pool fencing and a sheet hanging over the fence. In front of that is the DW laser. When we started pouring the concrete things seemed to be going haywire...and the level the laser was telling us was not what the spirit level was saying on the screed. Took me awhile to work it out but the laser was actually getting a reflection of some type off the glass pool fence...trap for the unwary. Last one:

cgland
03-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Squiz - Did you do the paving as well? Looks great! What a transformation.

P.S. How many times did you hit the house? Be honest!:dancing:

Chris

Squizzy246B
03-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Squiz - Did you do the paving as well? Looks great! What a transformation.

P.S. How many times did you hit the house? Be honest!:dancing:

Chris

Chris, we now do some paving but this was a subbie.

Johnny never touched the house once..gods honest truth...but the palm tree out the front got a flogging:)

YardPro
03-05-2006, 09:05 PM
nice work,
bet you had a heck of a time figuring out what was wrong..

Squizzy246B
03-05-2006, 09:29 PM
nice work,
bet you had a heck of a time figuring out what was wrong..

Yes:realmad: :realmad: but, if I stop learning I will probably be dead:) ..one of the benefits of being a slow learner:laugh:

jreiff
03-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Great job on the project. Total change from before. How heavy are the blocks?
Are they hard to move around and set in place?

Squizzy246B
03-06-2006, 12:35 AM
Great job on the project. Total change from before. How heavy are the blocks?
Are they hard to move around and set in place?

Those reconstituted ones are about 140 lbs each. We generally only lay them with an excavator but this was a special..for a really good client. You get the hang of moving these around without breaking you back but its still hard work. Two guys with a block clamp between them is the order of the day.