PDA

View Full Version : Dump sites

Paradise Landscapes
03-05-2006, 10:50 AM
How do you aquire a dump site?

Boycea
03-06-2006, 11:54 PM
I'm not familiar with your area but if you know of any farms around you that might be your best bet. I approached a local farm and am allowed to dump clean yard waste (no trash etc.) for a nominal fee.

Uranus
12-05-2006, 06:07 PM
How do you aquire a dump site?

Ask around! I use a landscaper across the street from me to dump my leaves and grass. There's a wood company that also takes in grass and leaves and turns it into compost and mixes it in with screened loam. Farms are good places too. I've paid 20-30 bucks to dump my leaf box. Ask other landscapers that you befriend. You'll find some good ones out there and some will charge a pretty penney. Its all about location!

superbee
12-06-2006, 09:37 AM
I would be interested if anybody in my area would know of a reasonable dump site around here. Thanks.

BUCKEYE MOWING
12-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Most citys have a local area where you can dump for free or a nominal fee....at least for yard waste ...around here they make compost and mulch with it to use in the city parks or to sell to the residents at a reduced price.

Albemarle Lawn
12-06-2006, 11:07 PM
It's freakin Ohio.

Just dump it....wherever! You know, take it for a ride in the country:cool2:

Bigblue250
12-13-2006, 07:25 PM
I know it is a shameless plug for my buddy, but if you are in MA he is the place to go. Chip Tech in Carver just off Rt 44, he takes anything recycalable. Leaves and grass are free, everything else as long as it is not presure treated or painted is a bargan.

DBL
12-14-2006, 12:36 AM
this is why i wish i had a large plot of land

stumpslawncare
12-14-2006, 08:59 AM
I happened to know a guy that had a old dump in the back of one of his fields, it has all kind of junk back there, I ask if he would mind if I dumped back there and I would try to cover up his junk. He was happy with the idea, he lets me dump for free, plus I charge him to maintain his lawn.

R.M Hanson
12-15-2006, 02:39 PM
I was lucky enough to have found an organic farmer. He takes all my grass clippings, leaves and chipped brush and uses them for compost. He lets me dump for free and is always happy to get more compost. As far as landscaping debris, like concete and fill dirt, I've partnered up with some of the excavating contractors around town and the always can find me someone looking for fill. All it takes to get rid of things is a few good contacts. Just get out and do some talking.

Idealtim
12-25-2006, 11:07 PM
I am lucky enough to have a huge embankment big enough to hold all my accounts worth of organic crap. Can't even notice 75 cu. yards of chopped leaves, best part is, it all rots down to nothing by the next year and sometimes get some dirt outta there with a bobcat.

NMS0219
01-10-2007, 07:59 PM
I mow for a cemetery, out back we have a large pit i dump their for free. Around here we have the town of amherst compost facility the only problem is that they charge like $10 a yard for grass and leaves $15 a yard for brush

WALKER LANDSCAPE
01-10-2007, 08:08 PM
We dump at landscape supplier BZAK yard waste will cost you depending on how much. Leaves are FREE You could try Evans too. Hope that helps

King Shannon
01-29-2007, 03:51 AM
I usually take my debris to the Hardin Co. Landfill. Jefferson co. is high and there are no landfills in Bullit co. You can usually find plenty of places for rock and soil type debris.... just keep an eye open for the signs. Another option may be where you buy plants. I have used Maple Crossings Nursery's dumpster before and sometimes Bill Lose.