PDA

View Full Version : 2-Cycle Fuel Containers

Titans Fan
03-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Does anyone use a resturant tea or coffee dispenser for their 2-cycle mix?

Someone posted that they did on here, but I was wondering how the spout held up.

Thanks!

befnme
03-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Does anyone use a resturant tea or coffee dispenser for their 2-cycle mix?

Someone posted that they did on here, but I was wondering how the spout held up.

Thanks!

i dont think it would be all to safe. what if the spout got hit ? all the fuel would hit the ground . i use a 2 gallon can for 2 cycle.

mkwl
03-05-2006, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't do that, I use a 2.5 gallon gas can for my 50:1 mix.

Richard Martin
03-05-2006, 05:41 PM
I mix 5 gallons up in a can and then fill a 1 gallon can from that.

grass_cuttin_fool
03-05-2006, 10:13 PM
alot of plastics (milk jugs and such) are not made to handle gas and they actual melt and then the plastic gets in the gas and stops up the jets in the carb.

wayne

impactlandscaping
03-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Here's what we use: www.no-spill.com

On a site, you can stand a can on end on a tailgate or trailer fender, and refuel with one hand. I am guessing this is what you were trying to convey with the coffee carafe idea?

Kohls Landscaping Co
03-05-2006, 11:55 PM
My uncle owns a tree company and uses laundry detergent bottles to hold/pour bar oil for his chainsaws. It has worked out well for him.

Isn't there a law that you can only transport gasoline in approved containers??

Dave

Grassmechanic
03-06-2006, 10:26 AM
My uncle owns a tree company and uses laundry detergent bottles to hold/pour bar oil for his chainsaws. It has worked out well for him.
Whattttt???? you gotta be kidding! I've never heard anyone doing that. All he has to do is buy the bar oil in gallon jugs and poke a SMALL pencil sized hole in the foil over the opening. Never spill a drop. :dizzy:

Kohls Landscaping Co
03-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Whattttt???? you gotta be kidding! I've never heard anyone doing that. All he has to do is buy the bar oil in gallon jugs and poke a SMALL pencil sized hole in the foil over the opening. Never spill a drop. :dizzy:

He buys his bar oil in bulk (5+ gallons at a time). It's a lot cheaper for him.

Dave