PDA

View Full Version : guidelines to pricing

curiouslandscaper
03-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Hey guys I have been mowing for 2 years now but recently started doing landscape jobs. I have a few questions here that im sure most of you can help me with. 1.) How much to charge for spring cleanup...what is the avg company charging....if i included leaves, sticks and branches, trimming bushes and removal.

2.) How do you charge for edge and mulch jobs? Is 20 dollars an hour standard or for a small guy would it be bad to charge less to get the customers. I guess when i go and do estimates i look at over time and figure in around 20 dollar an hour. I just wanted some tips on how to write up the the invoice with different prices for different tasks. I was unsure if i should charge flat rate for bushes, then a rate for yard cleanup, and different rate for edging, and then mulching.

3.) what is the best way to clean up a huge tire rut in the front yard.... pretty sure its stupid question but just wanted to know how you would go about it.

My biggest problem is giving a quote and makeing sure im cheaper than the avg big company.....thanks guys...and ill look forward to your posts

nephilim0167
03-05-2006, 05:33 PM
refer to this:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=136066

curiouslandscaper
03-05-2006, 05:48 PM
yes i did read that......i guess i just was looking for a formula that would be handy to show customers or some kind of examples of what people charge... i was reading some posts earlier that 20 dollars an hour is standard but sometimes you dont account for things when estimating and could end up losing money and time. I have heard all kinds of things about edging. 1 dollar a foot depending on how much you have to do....

One more question.....i have been hand edging for a long time bc i feel it looks the best ...was interested in a gas edger from like lowes for 300 dollars and was not sure how well they work.

gqnine44
03-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Where did you here $20 an hour is the going rate? I would think the going rate in Columbus is around $35 a hour, at least. Dont sell yourself short. You will have several advantages over those "bigger companies" that you are so afraid of. So you shouldnt feel like you have to be alot cheaper than they are.