PDA

View Full Version : commercial ZTR advice

Steve LawnWorks
03-05-2006, 04:50 PM
I'm in the market for a commercial grade ZTR that can handle 15 acres / week for five months out of the year. The mowing is pretty straight forward with limited obsticals. I was looking at a john deere or mabye a husk but I don't see many people talk about these lines. Any reccomendations would be helpful. Thanks;)

Palmer'sLS
03-05-2006, 04:58 PM
reguardless of obstacles, look into a hustler. maybe a super z with a 60-72" deck. search for hustler on this site, and you will find that that company is awesome as well as the equipment

Green King
03-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Hustler would be a good one to look at. There are others as well such as Scag Encore, Dixie Chopper etc. Take a look at your dealer support. Every manufacture produces good commercial equipment but your local support is just about as important.

Palmer'sLS
03-05-2006, 05:59 PM
good point green king

TURF DOCTOR
03-05-2006, 05:59 PM
What dealers are local to you.

Restrorob
03-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Here is a couple links to check out the Dixie Chopper Line.

http://www.dixiechopper.com/

http://www.transoftlabs.com/millsbrothers/stand1.htm "Click the arrows on the bottom to change frames".

whiteslawnservices
03-05-2006, 06:30 PM
steve, well you not going to like a scag or hustler there slow and there all ways in the shop.dixie chopper well there isnt any one that services them in arkansas any more, and a bad boy is faster go and drive a bad boy 72 in deck then drive all of them hustlers,scags, dixie choppers there slow mowing and in the shop more than you get to work on one .most of all is re sale they wont give you any money back when you get 700 hrs on trade in you want to trade in every 2-3 years.a bad boy mows 10 acres in 38.04 min 15 in 54min at 18-20mph with a smooth cut. go look at www.badboy.com
they are fast and getter done fast so you do make more money.and their cost i got 2 bad boy mowers at 60inch deck with a big block 32 horse power,and a 72inch deck mower big block 32 horse power 2 commercial mowers for 2006 models for $16,300.00 2 year warrenty 3 year on running gear.3300 hr spendal life.

Green King
03-05-2006, 08:11 PM
This post about bad boy is a joke is'nt it!

lawnmaniac883
03-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Ok, post #7 is a joke, disregard that post. I hope it is a joke atleast...18-20 mph and still get a smooth cut? WTF are u talking about? Even if you could hang on to a bad boy moving that fast, the cut would suck. Scag and Hustlers are in the shop more? You need to visit a shrink.

Steve, I would visit your closest equipment dealer and see what he has to offer. Dealer support will beat machine quality most of the time.

twj721
03-05-2006, 08:24 PM
INMOM Scag is the only way to go am now purching my 3rd scag to add tot he other two so far no problems the oldest one is a 1999 Scag Saber Tooth Tiger mower with the BSD 3 cylinder gas engine with the 72" advantage deck the other is a turft tiger with a 61" advantage deck with the Kaw 29 DFI and my newest one is another sabetr tooth tiger with the Briggs Dahatsu 31 hp diesel with a 72" deck 90 percent of my mowing is city prperties and the local school district so if it would break I would be breaking it

Restrorob
03-05-2006, 09:36 PM
This post about bad boy is a joke is'nt it!

That was my thought also, I just didn't want to start a brand bashing. But I would like to say I have over 125 Dixies out in the field and never had any major problems with them and hardly see them back at the shop.

chopsticks33
03-05-2006, 10:11 PM
uh...post #7 has the link wrong... the site for badboy mowers is badboymowers.com

Richard Martin
03-06-2006, 04:58 AM
steve, well you not going to like a scag or hustler there slow and there all ways in the shop.dixie chopper well there isnt any one that services them in arkansas any more, and a bad boy is faster go and drive a bad boy 72 in deck then drive all of them hustlers,scags, dixie choppers there slow mowing and in the shop more than you get to work on one .most of all is re sale they wont give you any money back when you get 700 hrs on trade in you want to trade in every 2-3 years.a bad boy mows 10 acres in 38.04 min 15 in 54min at 18-20mph with a smooth cut. go look at www.badboy.com
they are fast and getter done fast so you do make more money.and their cost i got 2 bad boy mowers at 60inch deck with a big block 32 horse power,and a 72inch deck mower big block 32 horse power 2 commercial mowers for 2006 models for $16,300.00 2 year warrenty 3 year on running gear.3300 hr spendal life.

Dude, who are you trying to yank?

Scag and Hustler are not slow and Dixie Chopper has 15 dealers in Arkansas which is 8 more than Bad Boy has. And if the warranty on Bad Boys is 2/3 somebody better tell them because their website says 1/2. Bad Boy mowers don't even run 18 to 20 MPH, they have the same 15 MPH top speed as HUSTLER and DIXIE CHOPPER.

Go spout your rubbish somewhere else.

puppypaws
03-06-2006, 08:30 AM
I believe you will like this mower if you have a dealer close by, it is the Hustler Super Z with the 28 efi and the new 66" XR-7 deck with the new flex forks. The flex forks make an amazing difference in the way it rides and handles.

Signature Landscaping1
03-06-2006, 08:38 AM
Hustler, Scag, Lesco, Cub Cadet commercial, Bobcat, Ferris, Exmark, Toro, Great Dane, Grasshopper, dixie chopper

Lawn Works
03-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the input. I have a Hustler dealer very close and plan a demo this week. I do like the super z and I also looked at the Lesco line they are very close as well.

puppypaws
03-06-2006, 09:29 AM
I hope this is a little better picture of the flex forks the man that designed them said they had the same rubber inside that was used on tractor trailer shocks and they should last as long as the mower.

work_it
03-06-2006, 09:48 AM
whiteslawnservice, either you're an instigator just trying to get attention, or you're so clueless that you should only offer mower advice to somebody living in the middle of a desert (away from the oasis).

Steve lawnworks, I think you'll be very impressed with the overall performance of the Hustler. Not only that but the 15mph transport speed is a very nice feature when you're a good clip away from the truck.

Steve, you mentioned that you only plan on cutting 5 months/year. Why? If you plan on only cutting 5 months in SC what are your customers going to do for the rest of the year? Do you have somebody lined up to take over for you? The reason I ask is because it may not be worth it, to you, to buy such an expensive piece of equipment. Every year your customers are going to find somebody else that can start and finish the season without interruption of service or inconveniences to them; thus, leaving you with "0" customers the next season. You may want to consider buying something along the lines of the Hustler super mini Z or a 60" w/b with a sulkie.

Steve LawnWorks
03-06-2006, 07:43 PM
I do like the super mini Z. The contract is for weekly service for five months, April through sept then twice monthly on down. This is a non-profit organization so the pockets aren't deep. I will look at the mini when I visit the dealer this week. Do u know about how much the mini will run?