PDA

View Full Version : Arcitectural concretein Bucks County, PA

fishinpa
03-05-2006, 08:27 PM
I need an estimate done ASAP. We need to get an idea of cost. Please PM or respond to this post. I can do the paver's but I think we like concrete/ textured instead.

We saw a completed job in NJ that was OUTRAGEOUS. I turned a contractor friend onto this guy's name I got from the "pour". The concrete guy came and took the plans for the job and never called my friend back, and never returned the customers on set of plans either. I'm not sure, but I think my friend had to buy the customer another set of plans. I WILL NOT stand for that! I was really disappointed to hear this result from my friend because the concrete was absolutely beautiful.

PS: References will be required, that are close enough for us to go and see.

I'm not a ball buster, but I'd go and see homes a contractor built before letting him build me anything. Would't you?

kris
03-05-2006, 08:47 PM
You like the concrete why? Price?

fishinpa
03-05-2006, 09:15 PM
You like the concrete why? Price?

The job I saw in NJ, as I said was a thing of beauty. It looked like a brick outlined, flagstone patio with a brick walkway going right up the middle, but the whole thing was a single pour.

I was very impressed an would like to see what type of originality can offered to me. I believe in the "do it right, do it once theory" and want to investigate my options.

UNISCAPER
03-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Dude you are wound up tighter than an 8 day clock. First, anyone I know regardless of where they are geographically is backed up 3 months. If they are not, I'm betting you are not going to get the quality you are after. As a rule, all our clients wait 3 months, and some nearly a year. It is only at the prospects who have to have something immediately where things never fall into place on the job site.

Our motto is Difficult jobs take time. Impossible jobs take longer.

I'll give you 3 choices, and you can only pick one. Do you want your job fast, good, or cheap?

cgland
03-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Why would you pick an inferior product over pavers, which will give you as much design freedom if not more!:dizzy:

Chris

fishinpa
03-06-2006, 06:51 AM
I don't mind the wait. I want to get an idea of what it's going to cost and get in the queue.

"Inferior product"... ???

cgland
03-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Textured concrete or stamped concrete is just that.......concrete. and is subject to the numerous failures that haunt it. Spalling, cracking, chipping, expansion joints, etc. God forbid you have a problem and need to fix a section.....it will never match. The most obvious reason is that concrete moves as one large unit and does not take to freeze/thaw very well. A paver patio is a flexible system that can roll with the punches, not to mention...if you crack a couple you just pull them out and replace.

Chris