PDA

View Full Version : William J. Locklin

TheHotShotKid
03-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Why isn't he considered the grandfather of low voltage lighting anymore?

Nightscapes Paul please refrain from posting a nasty reply. In fact please refriain from answering any of my messages. Thank you.:hammerhead:

SamIV
03-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Did not know he lost that title.

Sam IV

TheHotShotKid
03-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Sam i guess i structured my question incorrectly.

Is William J. Locklin still considered the grandfather of low voltage? and if so why is no one talking about him. I checked the archives and I see nothing. What gives.

Mark B
03-06-2006, 12:52 AM
who is he??

SamIV
03-06-2006, 08:17 AM
He is the President of Nightscaping and was a pioneer in the low voltage lighting industry. Supposedly has over 40 years experience in the industry.

Sam IV

Dreams To Designs
03-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Maybe because he stills does things the old way and has failed to keep up with new technology is why he is considered a grandfatherly figure. Maybe we should thank him for his innovations so many years ago, but there is better products and methods out there today.

Kirk

NightScenes
03-06-2006, 08:51 AM
Why isn't he considered the grandfather of low voltage lighting anymore?

Nightscapes Paul please refrain from posting a nasty reply. In fact please refriain from answering any of my messages. Thank you.:hammerhead:

I don't believe that I am the one who has been posting nasty replies to anyone.

Still praying for you.

TheHotShotKid
03-06-2006, 09:59 AM
I don't ask for or need your prayers mr. high and mighty:nono:
for somebody supposedly so happenning you spend way too much time here. When do you go to work?

Sean Adams
03-06-2006, 11:05 AM
TheHotShotKid - one more reply even remotely resembling the garbage you have already posted in this thread and you will be shown the exit....

If you do not like someone on this site use the "ignore" feature - otherwise, keep it to yourself.

SamIV
03-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Thank you Sean.

Sam IV

NightScenes
03-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Maybe because he stills does things the old way and has failed to keep up with new technology is why he is considered a grandfatherly figure. Maybe we should thank him for his innovations so many years ago, but there is better products and methods out there today.

Kirk

That's it exactly Kirk.

niteliters
03-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Nightscaping is still doing some innovative things. I think that there are always going to be new things out there to try and those who try them become loyal to them. I think Nightscaping could do some things differently but I don't know everything. I have had the pleasure of sitting down with Bill on the tialgate of a truck and I can't imagine many other men with his wisdom.
chris

TheHotShotKid
03-10-2006, 10:32 PM
some might say that the company went out with the dinosaurs and the ice ages. Others might say they are the originators so they must be the best. Go figure.:drinkup:

niteliters
03-11-2006, 02:59 PM
referring to the book "the big moo", there are companies out there with ground breaking ideas and have implemented them only to have another company with a better marketing machine take over the industry. Marketing and always seeking more innovation in your market. I think these are two areas Nightscaping is working to improve on...I believe they are having success
chris

TheHotShotKid
03-11-2006, 04:18 PM
You've got to have sentimental value but unfortunately they've fallen so far that it may be impossible to rise from the ashes like a phoenix. We'll see.:laugh:

niteliters
03-11-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm a sentimental fool