PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Figuring How to Price Lawns

A+Lawn
03-05-2006, 10:47 PM
I am starting my own business and I am not sure how to price the lawns. I thought about first starting out measuring the lawns and then charging by the foot, but not sure what a typical price per foot is. I was going to do this until I got a feel for size of lawns and could just price it without measuring it. Can someone please help me!! Thanks

Wil22
03-05-2006, 11:12 PM
You might do better to time yourself on these lawns. One 5000 sf property maybe flat, wide open space, easy and quick to mow.

The house next door may be the same size lot but take longer to mow because of flower beds, many trees in the yard, fenced in back yard, sloped front yard. You may have many more obstacles to edge around which in time may require more time.

There are other factors to keep in mine eg. how much your costs are and how much you need to make per hour.

Hopefully this is enough to get you started.

CAG
03-06-2006, 12:36 AM
^^^ same thing he said^^^

A+Lawn
03-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the help. Say I want to figure in my overhead into my price, I would I do that. I would like to make about $50hr.

befnme
03-06-2006, 01:40 AM
search " overhead " or " operating cost "

daveintoledo
03-06-2006, 09:55 AM
you got some good advise here, your going to make some mikstakes, thats part of the learning..... you will win some and loose some, but as you give more bids, you will get better at it and more accurate......:)

ed2hess
03-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the help. Say I want to figure in my overhead into my price, I would I do that. I would like to make about $50hr.
We all want to make $50/hr but unfortunately if the market won't support that then you mow for less. We mow for $25/hr in our market.