PDA

View Full Version : 1 lawn bill vs. seperate

fga
03-06-2006, 09:33 AM
say you have 2 neighbors who want service, and request an estimate, each 1000 sqft. individually, you would charge x amunt per each. no problem, normal

if you are then approached by a similar situation, and one of these potential customers, "this will be on one bill, count this as one".
do you charge the same as situation 1, even though the price may seem alot higher then your average 2000 sqft lawn? or do you count it as (1) 2000 sqft lawn?

walker-talker
03-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Is the one paying the bill own both properties? Are they owned by two different individuals trying to get a discount for you mowing it once?

I would intemize each address/property and each have their own accounts and just put them both on the same invoice.

Tvov
03-06-2006, 10:00 AM
I would charge the the normal rates for two separate lawns. Down the road, if one person drops out of the "agreement", then you are stuck with mowing the remaining lawn at the reduced rate, or arguing with the remaining customer as to why you have to raise his rate.

LwnmwrMan22
03-06-2006, 10:53 AM
I'll do it if it's properties owned by the same person.

I know I'm probably overboard, but I'll offer a 5% discount if I can get all the properties and put them all on one invoice.

This way it drops my 40 commercial accounts down to about 19 envelopes I have to stuff at the end of the month.

If it's a residential account, I'd do like others have said, and prod a little more. Find out why it's on one bill.

Does one neighbor feel like he / she 's looking out for the other??

Is one neighbor sick?? Or do they do something in return?? ie splice off the cable wire???

Remsen1
03-06-2006, 11:28 AM
Never had it yet, but it think I would go with the same price as two seperate and maybe a small discount if they are both owned by the same person. Reason for treating as seperate accounts is they could have a falling out, then your stuck with one low priced lawn at that stop. Also there isn't much of a reason for a discount except that it is two places at one stop. It definately isn't like one single 2000 ft lawn, how many 2000 ft lawns have two houses two sheds, 4 cars, two sidewalks 4 flowerbeds etc etc. and whatever else you may be dealing with?

kleankutslawn
03-06-2006, 12:11 PM
i agree with Remsen1 b/c they maybe just doing it for a discount

traman
03-06-2006, 05:11 PM
i have one just like that, mother owns one ,son the other both on the same bill . i bill monthly down here ,and charge full price . x amount of dollars times 2 . they take turns on who pays .

cantoo
03-06-2006, 07:30 PM
What do you do if they quit paying the bill? Try taking that to court and see what happens.

Richard Martin
03-07-2006, 05:51 AM
I would do it like they ask but I would itemize each lawn on the bill and charge as situation 1.

People try to get over on the Feds sometimes by charging things off on their business that is personal. This may be a situation where one lawn is deductable and the next one is not. You have no way of knowing what they're doing and I wouldn't be a party to it.

I have a customer who tried a situation like that a couple of years ago. He had an office about 20 miles from his home. He asked me to remove his name from his billing and use his company name and address instead. I said no problem. When he got his new invoices he was quite surprised to see that there was a previously unused area on my invoices that now had a "Serviced At" column and his home address in it. At the end of the year I guess his accountant told him he couldn't charge it off because the next year he had me go back to putting his name and address as the primary on the invoice.

cantoo
03-07-2006, 11:19 PM
We have a customer who claims us as "casual farm help". I have no idea how that works but we do cut around his barn so maybe it's alright.

lawnMaster5000
03-08-2006, 02:01 AM
I think i would have to feel the situation out. IF the two are going to be on the same bill then I would price it as a complete unit and specify that it is a unit price and not divisible.

If the people seemed shady then put it on two bills (invoices, statements, etc) and mail them both to whichever house wants them.