PDA

View Full Version : I'm the new guy

PHIL KIMBALL
03-06-2006, 10:20 AM
I'd like to say hello to all my fellow grass cutters and landscapers.
I just started a lawn service last year after my 4th kid was born and the med. bills became too much to handle. I started with a 21in. push mower and a electric weedeater. My biggest problem is advertising. I have been using my PC and then going door to door placing my name and number. I think my biggest problem is that there is so much compitition that I am getting overlooked. i know its not the quality of my work, all my past customers have been really pleased. Can any of you old pro's give me any hints.
I'm from northwest Arkansas, GO HOGS!

daveintoledo
03-06-2006, 10:34 AM
use professional equipment, produce more professional looking flyers, get licence and insurance and advertise your ligitamacy on the flyers..... quality work will get you quality referals......

good luck.....:)

StBalor
03-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Lot of leg work. start walking and pass out a lot of flyers. You will typically get 3-5 calls per 1,000 flyers.

CAG
03-06-2006, 01:53 PM
I would say to try to get a little more professional look to your company.. I also don't think customers would appreciate you using their electricity to trim their grass..Plus not having the right equipment will not let you be able to price competitively and upscale customers won't want you in their yard all day..I would say growing slow is good common practice in business but your situation is a little different..good luck

chimmygew
03-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Find a niche in your market. Set yourself apart from everyone else when you advertise. Check out this thread:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=136170

He makes some very good points.....