PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Country Clippers

LawnMowerMan3875
03-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Hey Guys and Gals, I was just wondering your alls prof. opinion on the Country Clipper Comm. units. I've been pricing their new charger and I can buy a whole second setup for what they want for that thing new. My concern is: Are they really worth the investment and has anyone had any experience with them??

webfoot
03-06-2006, 02:58 PM
I bought one new last year.Its is a charger with the 27 horse kohler and 60 inch deck.I am really pleased with mine.I like the quality of cut,hill holding ability,and I've not had any problems out of it.If you like it go for it.They seem like they have a good dealer support network and like everybody on here will tell you that means alot.

Travis Followell
03-06-2006, 05:24 PM
I loked and at a 60" Boss at the dealer a while back and drove it around and it was nice. It has an articulating deck less change of scalping or gouging which is a feature that most mowers don't have. The one that I drove had the single joystick and I didn't really care for it. If I was going to get one i'd get the twin sticks but thats just me.

Green King
03-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Country Clipper has a big dealer in Springfield who sell a lot of them there are several being used around here mainly the smaller units but I have seen some of the Charger and Boss units. I tried out a boss and liked it for me it's draw back was no diesel and lack of a larger gas engine.

extoro
03-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Country Clipper has a big dealer in Springfield who sell a lot of them there are several being used around here mainly the smaller units but I have seen some of the Charger and Boss units. I tried out a boss and liked it for me it's draw back was no diesel and lack of a larger gas engine.

Who is the big dealer in Springfield??
The only place I have ever seen these mowers have been in small out of the way dealers. The dealer they are out close to Springfield looks like its a junkyard rather than a mower dealer

deereman
03-08-2006, 07:55 PM
A local dealer wanted me to try one out last spring. I was a little leary about do it as he can be very pushy with sales. I think that was a Charger but not for sure. I did how ever like the way the deck folded up for cleaning and blade changing. I should have tryed it just for kicks , He said Im going to leave it and come back in 2 days. I said no thanks not this year.

mowergal
03-08-2006, 09:51 PM
when the rep brought the country clipper to show us I thought the brackets that lifted the deck up were something off a homeowners version my boss didn't feel comfortable selling. Maybe the reason the mowers are showing up is because they aren't floor planned the rep. just put them at the dealers and you pay as you sell them. Most companies don't do business that way.

Envy Lawn Service
03-08-2006, 10:31 PM
I like the Boss, Zeton and Charger.

The 60" machines are nice I think.

But I would go with the twin sticks.