PDA

View Full Version : curbstone facing which way?

bigviclbi
03-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Question for those who use curbstone as borders around walks. Obviously when I use it as bed edging the tumbled face is out. But on a driveway that abutts a lawn or a winding path, do you go tumbled out(smooth side facing the pavers)? I usually do it that way, it just irks me they don't make them double faced like belgium block. I just drove by a job and they had the smooth side out towards the lawn, so I was wondering what everyone else does. Anchor and ep henry are the brands I use, any other manufacturers with double sided curbstone?

amvega
03-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Always have the textured face facing the pavers. It highlights your walk more. Never seen smooth face against pavers.

cgland
03-06-2006, 09:39 PM
textured towards the pavers. Techo has a curbstone that is textured on both sides and is more low profile.

Chris

bigviclbi
03-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks guys, understand your points but I still would feel funny having a path that is going to the front door and seeing the unfinished side of the block facing the view of the front yard from the street. I am going to the Techo website right now, I've heard alot about it lately and am gonna see if there are any local distributors that I am unaware of.

steve in Pa.
03-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Hey cg is techo the manufacturer if so where do get them?? We use a lot of ep henry' curbstone i would be intrested in seeing a double faced curbstone.

Dreams To Designs
03-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Both Techo Belgik & Pietra have finishes that can be shown on either side.
http://www.techo-bloc.com/#

Vic is action, Atlantic or Kennedy close to you or maybe Le-Ed (sp?) All are Techo dealers. The majority of the product in this area come from the plant in Penn-Argyle, Pa and is quick and easy for local dealers to get a hold of. If you need the phone number to your rep, send me a PM.

Kirk

bigviclbi
03-07-2006, 05:41 PM
LE-ED only carries EP Henry by me, I think action is down south I'll check it out.

Dreams To Designs
03-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Check with LE-ED, they are now a Techo dealer and if that location doesn't have it, they can get it. They signed up with techo this winter and I don't know if they have received their product yet.

Action, Atlantic & Kennedy are all related and are new to techo this year I believe.

Kirk

kris
03-07-2006, 09:23 PM
I would definaltly have the tumbled side facing the pavers...would you not be able to raise the grade on the smooth side to hide it?

I think I am following you, although I can't see me even incorporating it into the design if it wasn't retaining something and would look silly bordering a walk if it wasn't.... I dunno...got a pic?

cgland
03-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Here is a pic of a walk we did w/ the edgestone. I personally don't like the look, but it's what the customer wanted.

Chris

klkanders
03-07-2006, 11:01 PM
I agree. It looks like an accident waiting to happen along a walk like that.

Gman2310
03-08-2006, 12:25 AM
To get the techno in the ocean county(Toms River) area, you have to go to Manchester Gardens to get it. They are the ones supplying it in the area

kris
03-08-2006, 07:27 AM
Ok Chris thanks ... got it now. Now that would be a real pain if it bordered grass.

I don't like the look either. Reminds me of stuff I did in the late 70's :)