PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Titan v8 5.6

Ollie3
03-06-2006, 05:32 PM
:walking: I decided to purchase a 2006 Nissan Titan 4x4 with a quadcab for my business. I had to pass on the diesel, because of the cost. (Sticker shock) The Titan looks like she can handle the job. I got the truck and 7x16 trailer for $30,800, which is good. I'm starting a second route and this truck seems to fit my needs. I got the truck and trailer, which I had lettered with graphics for the price of a used diesel. Has anyone used this truck? It's a 5.6 liter v8 that is powerful enough. :waving:

Ollie :dancing:

sporter96
03-06-2006, 06:01 PM
I have a 2004 titan with out the big tow, still it has plenty of power to tow my JD 790 with backhoe. I did basically the same thing, couldn't afford the Diesel truck that I wanted. The Titan has been no trouble, but I only use it part time for towing (everyday to just travel to travel to my day Job).

Seems to be the best deal for towing for it's class. Good Luck.

qualitylawnmanagement
03-06-2006, 07:06 PM
it's got some balls i was in one over the weekend and it did some nice marks.lol:weightlifter:

lawnmaniac883
03-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Keep us posted on the gas mileage with that loaded up 7x16 behind ya :cry:

samk
03-06-2006, 09:46 PM
gas is awfull in those things. so dont expect a mpg

sporter96
03-06-2006, 10:59 PM
I have not checked lately but Without towing and just on secondary roads I have been getting about 15 to 16 mpg. That's at about 45 to 50 mph. Out on the highway I get about 13 to 14 mpg, at a much greater rate of speed.

I towed my JD backhoe (on my 7x16 tandem axle trailer) on a mostly highway trip of 135 miles and back again through the Catskill Mountains. If I remember, I got about 10-11 mpg again, at a much greater rate of speed. This truck has balls.

If there is a moral here, It's go easy on the accelerator.

By the way it handles well off road too.

Wells
03-06-2006, 11:12 PM
I also use a Titan V8 to pull an enclosed 7x16 trailer around. It has plenty of power to pull around a trailer of that size and so far I haven't had any trouble with it. This will be my third season using the Titan to pull around the enclosed trailer.

Woody82986
03-06-2006, 11:35 PM
My girlfriend has an 05 Titan 4 door 4X4. I hooked my 16 footer up to it fully loaded (5,500 pounds) and it pulled better than my F-150 FX4 with the 5.4 liter in it. But my towing mileage is alot better than with the titan. Her titan sucks gas like no other.

sporter96
03-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Sorry for the Crosspost, but this may of interest for both forums:

The First truck I purchased New Vs my last new truck Purchase

Back in ancient times, When I was first in the business I had a 1978 4x2 Ford Courier truck. It had a 1.6 liter 4 cylinder engine that on a good day put out a wooping 60 hp. In those prehistoric days (pre- ZTR's) I towed a 5x9 utility trailer with solid sheet metal sides, that weighted over 1000lbs. I carried a garden tractor, usually a Wheel Horse or Cub cadet that was in the 750 to 900 lb range with my home made vacuum system. I usually had a couple of old bobcat push mowers (at least 80lbs each), wheelborrows, trimmers and a couple of brooms (mostly pre-blower days, at least for me). Occasionally I'd throw on a aerator or tow spreader or even a york rake.

I used to get firewood with it and my trailer heaped higher then the side walls. However when doing that stopping had to be a pre-planned event. No trailer brakes!

With it I literally did a tons of work! It was a tough little bugger. Power is nice but I used what I had and made it work. After I got a Dodge W100 (a beefed up half ton) I sold the Courier to buy a car for my wife. We had actually camped out in the Courier traveling through New England for our Honeymoon. I sometimes still miss that truck. But now I have my Titan with 305 horses to console me. And electric brakes on my trailer - I like a bit more safety.