PDA

View Full Version : What Person On LawnSite Would You Want To Meet & Learn From?

Sean Adams
03-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Which LawnSite Member would you most like to sit down with and discuss the industry and learn from as much as possible?

Splicer
03-06-2006, 11:27 PM
You!:cool2:

olderthandirt
03-06-2006, 11:29 PM
What part of the industry Marketing, employees, contracts, residential or commercial? The guy I would like to sit down with is the one that figured out that there was gold on a internet site about grass cutters. Now thats forthought be the 1st and the rest can only be copies. And everyone knows copies are not worth anything like an original payup payup :drinkup:

daveintoledo
03-06-2006, 11:48 PM
in no particular order...
older than dirt..(got to love the mans style, and he is kind of local for me) runner, smart as a whip, 6'3 330lbs (is that right, has act together), tony in austraila(a patient man)...... sheshovel for her unique perspective, pm and mm lawns.... just smart guys.....topsites, he is odd but smart, bobbygedd, to keep things lively, lil hustler, (nice pond)
and how about one or the newbies, SFL cuz i rememger getting that much tail in the old days too....:dancing:

and many others im too buzzed to think of...hahaahahh:)

Green-Pro
03-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Rod Father, Mac(Olderthandirt), Danny(Qualitylawncare4u), Buck(UpNorth), Mike(MMLawn), many, many others that have added to the plethora of good sound information on this site.

I'd love to follow Topsites around for about a week, watch him put the sleeper hold on neighbors of his customers when they Bit*h about him blowing leaves in their yards. Making the crop circle patterns in lawns :clapping: :clapping: LOL

lawnfreak
03-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Jim Lewis, Olderthandirt, and Rod Father just to name a few

nocutting
03-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Which LawnSite Member would you most like to sit down with and discuss the industry and learn from as much as possible?
Muddstopper,Olderthandirt,Bobbygedd, Sheshovel.......just ta name a few:usflag:

QualityLawnCare4u
03-07-2006, 01:10 AM
I would have to say (in no particular order) olderthandirt,and of course Sean,MMlawn,Rodfather,Ric,sheshovel (gotta meet this gal) to name a few and thanks for the compliment Green Pro, would also like to meet you but I sure am not an expert like a lot of the old timers on here are!:), but I could share hours of pita clients and odd things I have encountered and maybe even once in awhile something useful :)

6'7 330
03-07-2006, 06:36 AM
Mac , rodfather, Dave in toledo, Larry lux lawn, Bill Impactlandscaping, and a few more fellas.
These guys are businessmen,and think as businessmen.

meathead1134
03-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Jim Lewis and Jim Daily are my two picks

DUSTYCEDAR
03-07-2006, 12:47 PM
muddstoper has been a big help--- rod is always full of somthing?
she shovel would be fun to have lunch with and bobby well lets just say he is the man.
and there r many others that i would like to have lunch with.

Up North
03-07-2006, 01:02 PM

Eric Elm. I never knew him, never shared a post with him, but from everything I've read and heard he was someone that had it together as far as the green industry goes. RIP Eric.

There are many others, but since it said person I'll leave it at that. Green-Pro (Geoff), buddy we are going to meet some day...in a field filled with pheasants!!

Buck

Lazer_Z
03-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Damn this is going to be a tough one. Let's see in no order mind you, Mac,Rod,Bill,Bobby,Buck,PM LAWN,Wayne(GCF),Danny(Quality LC),The infamous SheShovel,Brian'sLawns,Impactlandscaping,Itsgottobegreen,Ric and well this list could go on forever but, I'll echo buck in saying Mr.Eric Elm I've read a few posts that were brought back to life and the man new his stuff.

Rob

I almost forgot yet another person Mr.Sean Adams owner of this fine site.

NEPSJay
03-07-2006, 03:08 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say BobbyGedd. Some of his posts are off the wall, but i like his no-nonsence way of doing things and I like the fact he is so stand up to his customers.
I'd also like to meet SFL .....but only with all his GF's of course....:drinkup:

AL Inc
03-07-2006, 04:52 PM
I would have to say Bill Schwab (Uniscaper). He has got to be one of the most knowledgeable people here. I've learned a lot from all sorts of people on this site, but I have to say Uniscaper is one I would like to meet.

jtkplc
03-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Envy Lawn Service, Rodfather, Richard Martin, are the few that come to mind right away. I'm sure there are many more, but I can't think of them all right now...

Restrorob
03-09-2006, 07:56 PM
Not sure if I qualify being a wrench spinner, But in no certain order I would say Jim Daily, Sheshovel for her spunk, PurpleHaze and stuie could be a blast, SFL the chic magnet (maybe I could get some pointers) ;) and his President Brianslawn, Olderthandirt just sounds like a cool dude, geogunn has a wealth of knowledge and there are too many more to list.......

iluvscag
03-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Richard Martin and Turf Doctor:gunsfirin

MarcusLndscp
03-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Sean, are you stealing my thread from the hardscaping forum???? :nono: :) :laugh: That's going to cost you!!! :laugh:

Sean Adams
03-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Sean, are you stealing my thread from the hardscaping forum???? :nono: :) :laugh: That's going to cost you!!! :laugh:

I did not know you started one over there....my apologies. Send me the bill. :waving:

MarcusLndscp
03-12-2006, 02:34 PM
I did not know you started one over there....my apologies. Send me the bill. :waving:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=131078...it was from a few months ago.........enough funds to cover a LS t-shirt will suffice!!!:laugh:

brinlee lawn
03-13-2006, 03:23 AM
Jim Lewis without a doubt

LawnBrother
03-17-2006, 12:32 AM
If I had to pick just one, I would like to meet Jim Lewis. I would also like to meet Bobbygedd, just so I can see how tall he is, though, not to hang out or anything(seems like he has a short-man's complex), and I would like to see some of Topsite's Toro stunts. A few others also, but i'm too tired to think.....:sleeping:

mmacsek
03-17-2006, 07:37 AM
Without thinking to hard Mac, 6'7 330lbs, MMLawn , Rod who I had the privelage of meeting this past week. matt

TLS
03-17-2006, 09:29 AM
John Gamba

Lux Lawn
03-17-2006, 09:47 AM
First let me say that I have met a talked to so many great people here.But I would some day like to get together will the following Mac,Rod,Buck,FGA,Greenmonster,Lazer Z (Rob) Bill 6'7 330,Sean, Jim Lewis & I can't forget John Gamba if we can keep him in the country long enough.

There are others but thats my list for now.

mole
03-22-2006, 11:35 AM
anyone. we should do a confrence somewhere. you can learn so much from other people's mistakes and good fortune. I bet half of the sponsors would put up for a confrence or show. I bet gopher would also.

tnmtn
03-29-2006, 10:21 PM
muddstopper, planetlandscaping, and uniscaper. there are others. great info here. would like to visit gravel rats neck of the woods the most though.

South Florida Lawns
03-30-2006, 11:30 PM
I would have to say

in no order

Robert (restorerob)
Brian (brianslawn
Mike (mmlawn)
Eric (frankinscagmachines)
Sheshovel.

I can't think of any more names its too late and my head hurts.

J&R Landscaping
03-31-2006, 08:11 AM
In no particular order, Rodfather, Sean Adams, John Gamba, Larry (lux lawn), Restor Rob, sheshovel, MM lawn. The list goes on...Probably a few I forgot to mention!

J&R Landscaping
03-31-2006, 08:10 PM
Another to add etwman. I could probably learn a great deal from him!

bobbygedd
04-02-2006, 10:43 PM
please note: my name was mention more times than jim lewis. and rightfully so. good day

Brianslawn
04-03-2006, 01:43 AM
all the sflqpru committee members. there isnt a better group of guys on here.

the ones i want to meet and learn from are jenna, lexi, caroline......

oh, this industry, you mean.... the ones that want to meet me of course. ryan, robert s, rob p, mike w, david the fixer, jodi, wayne aka nev nev, mike b & shane in my area. im sure theres more, too.

Ax Man
04-03-2006, 06:32 AM
please note: my name was mention more times than jim lewis. and rightfully so. good day
Jim Lewis
Jim Lewis
Jim Lewis
Jim Lewis
Jim Lewis
and Bill Schwab
good day

DUSTYCEDAR
04-03-2006, 07:49 AM
we all love bobby in some way ???????????

Squizzy246B
04-03-2006, 08:46 AM
I'd like to meet Jodi..anybody who has the temperament to put up with you lot would worth having a coffee with.

sheshovel
04-03-2006, 11:32 AM
I hate to name names cuz there are so many here I would like to meet..but you said meet and learn from
so I would have to say Bill-UNISCAPER,Kris,Olderthan,Jim Lewis,Dreams&Designs,CoffieCraven,Kate Butler,many more and I would just like to meet the rest of you'all..well most of ya anyway..you too Qualitylawncare4U
Purplehaze(and we just may do that soon)

TURF DOCTOR
04-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Well now bobby were do you stand lol.

SOMM
04-03-2006, 12:40 PM
The R's
Richard Martin.
RodFather.

kudos

mulcahy mowing
04-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Dusty(great guy knows alot about the apps side of the biss):drinkup: Jim daily(do i nedd to say why? read his posts) sheshovel(yet another must you ask?) etw(look at his business).. and i know he hates the young guys:rolleyes: but MMlawn is a very very smart man:weightlifter:

DSLND
04-08-2006, 09:54 PM
GLS and Razorman (Im About 2 Meet) SFL (Love His G/f) ETW, MCWlandscaping, MKLW, anybody else who has responded to my posts!

Palmer'sLS
04-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Envy Lawn Care....im gonna be purchasing a ztr soon, and he knows his stuff

Turf Dancer
04-14-2006, 04:41 AM
Jim Lewis would be first on my list!

sheshovel
04-15-2006, 02:54 AM
Heck 9 outa 40 ain't too bad.

6'7 330
04-15-2006, 03:46 AM
How could I leave sheshovel and MMlawn off my list? But somehow the two on the same list don't sound right lol..j/k

stumpjumper
04-16-2006, 07:56 PM
6'7 330, oletimelawncare, olderthandirt,mmlawns and pmlawns, although the last 2 and myself would probably have a boxing match in the first 5 minutes.

sheshovel
04-16-2006, 08:39 PM
How could I leave sheshovel and MMlawn off my list? But somehow the two on the same list don't sound right lol..j/k

Ain't that the truth!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tonyr
04-17-2006, 06:34 PM
I could 'learn lotz' from my cheeky shedevil mate, shebabe aka sheshovel.....let the 'learnin' begin! lol.

Seriously, I'd like to meet many of you, too many to mention....

sheshovel
04-17-2006, 09:34 PM
TonyR..I will take me teaching and you learning to a whole new level of green education.NOW CLAAASSSS!CLASSSS!!!!

6'7 330
04-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Yeah--but what classes will Tony's wife start teaching lol

Tonyr
04-17-2006, 10:03 PM
lol, who cares....she can watch, after she does the dishes and cooks dinner, this learn'n is haaarrrrrdddddd work lol. now bring on them oysters, 'ere we go again, woohoooo! lol.

I always knew I was keen on learnin' he he he

6'7 330
04-17-2006, 10:11 PM
lol, who cares....she can watch, after she does the dishes and cooks dinner, this learn'n is haaarrrrrdddddd work lol. now bring on them oysters, 'ere we go again, woohoooo! lol.

I always knew I was keen on learnin' he he he

Hmmmmmmmmm I heard though the grapevine, she was learning about the legendary AK-47.That and my Celtic blood tells me, I see live targets in your future lol....:laugh:

sheshovel
04-17-2006, 10:22 PM
LOL 6'7330 I'm outa there!!!

Tonyr
04-17-2006, 10:44 PM
me too!!! lol! ha ha

Precision
04-21-2006, 08:30 AM
Eric Elm (before my time), Jim Lewis, Rodfather, BG,TJ and Mike from JustMowit,and Jodi.

I think watching BG and Jodi go round and round would be great fun.

JimLewis
07-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Wow. This is an old thread I never saw. Thanks everyone for all the kind words. And for any of you who mentioned me, if you're ever in the Portland, OR area - just look me up. I'm always glad to meet lawnsite guys (and gals). I've met several in the past and I'm always open to meet more. Heck, if you wanted to spend a few days here I'd let you ride around with me all day and see how I run everything. It's getting a little crazy these days. 16 employees and jobs all over town. But it's fun, exciting, and always busy. So if someone wanted to come watch, chat, learn, whatever, I'm always open to that.

It's taken me a long time to get here and most everything I learned the hard way. So if I can help someone else learn from MY mistakes, I am always glad to do that.

Best wishes everyone. Hope your summer's going as well as mine is. :waving:

TURF DOCTOR
07-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Kudos advice that you can use.

Sandgropher
07-01-2006, 10:22 PM
.......I would like to meet Sheshovel as i know plenty about mowing, but little about landscaping which be a handy side line and it seems thats where the good money is and is always handy to know, she seems to be able to explain things in simple terms.

Also she can tell me what a NOOB is ? as its the first time some one has call me that and was the first time i have heard of the word :laugh: .....

.......I do not think its a term of endearment :hammerhead: :laugh: :laugh:

LONEMAN
07-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Even though Sean Adams is not a "member", there is no doubt I would pick him as someone I'd want to learn from. If my only choice was to pick a member (or two), I would probaby pick Fescue Farmer and Perfectlawncare so I could talk to them about their fantastic striping techniques!

Team-Green L&L
11-19-2006, 09:38 PM
etwman seems to have built his company from my business plan, so I would love to sit down and chat with him sometime. Good job Earth, Turf, and Wood! I am thrilled to see the growth of your company. It is an inspiration to see someone who feels as strongly as I do about presentation as a whole.

MStine315
11-19-2006, 11:50 PM
I'll throw some votes in from the fert. end... 1st James Cormier(sp.?), and the rest in no part. order: Runner, Ric, Teeca, Turfscape, John Gamba, Tremor, and etwman. I can't say how much information I have gleaned from these folks in my time on Lawnsite, but it is much appreciated. Marc

S man
11-20-2006, 06:24 PM
I guess Sean Adams, 6,7,330/ John Gamba/ Envy lawn service/ Topsites/ Restrorob/ Rodfather/ 1majortom jodi/ MMlawn/ and more.

Cracker Station
12-03-2006, 04:24 PM
I would hafta say hands down It would be Rodfather.I only wish I could do half of what he does!

DUSTYCEDAR
12-04-2006, 12:47 PM
I would hafta say hands down It would be Rodfather.I only wish I could do half of what he does!
me 2 rod is the man and i am now Worthy:waving:

parkeeee
12-04-2006, 09:22 PM
ECS

He knows where the best hunting is.

nmez21
12-07-2006, 08:42 PM
A couple of the many people here on LS that I'd like to meet-
John Gamba
Rodfather
Signature Landscaping1 - Joe
ALarsh-Austin
Dano50- Dan Williams

Uranus
12-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Sean- why not have a booth at an expo and when a Lawnsite member comes to the booth you can give them a name badge with there members name on it and we could all meet. With a bunch of Lawnsite name badges running around you would be bound to get a ton of new members. They will see the badges and ask about the site when they see your booth. I think it would be fun to introduce yourself to other members while checking out an expo. Lets do Vegas first!:)

etwman
12-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Wait there's an idea.

Ahhemmm........Sean! You reading this!

Uranus
12-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Wait there's an idea.

Ahhemmm........Sean! You reading this!

ETW I've posted a few times trying to get Sean's attention. Never responded. Oh well. Maybe I'm still a little new. I do think that meeting members would be fun. By the way I like your setups.

fiveoboy01
12-12-2006, 09:31 PM
In no order,

PMlawn, MMlawns, Jim Lewis, Rodfather, ALarsh, Gene Simmons, Runner, daveintoledo, sheshovel, Envy, ed2hess, and yes...

even topsites!!

I'm sure I am forgetting some.

LindblomRJ
12-12-2006, 09:41 PM
I don't know about ol Tops. Yeah I think I would. Charles- We don't agree and we get on each others nerves. We might find something we can agree on.

The Rookie
12-12-2006, 09:48 PM
I would like to meet Muddstopper because of his knowledge on soil.

Turfdude
12-13-2006, 01:01 PM
me 2 rod is the man and i am now Worthy:waving:
Dusty,
R U suffering from CRS (can't remember it-shay??) We met Rod at the Hooter's get-together a few winters ago Me, U, Rod, Scraper, Cos, Evan and maybe another or 2 I'm missing.

DUSTYCEDAR
12-13-2006, 04:49 PM
i guess u missed the sarcasm or is it irony in that post!
now dont make me come over the bridge and climb up a step ladder to smack u!!!LOL:waving:
NOW I AM HUNGRY so u buying lunch T.D.

Turfdude
12-14-2006, 07:42 PM
yup,
lunch is on me! maybe we can get a group together again this winter. i still have 2 weeks of clean-ups and another 2 or so of landscape & odds-n-ends left.

cul8r dusty

Potchkins
01-17-2007, 12:29 AM
in no particular order...

bobbygedd
John Gamba
tony in austraila
older than dirt
frankinscagmachines
Rod Father
Envy
geogunn
Richard Martin
gravel rat
pmlawns
Jim Lewis
Runner
1majortom
Topsites
Sean Adams
etwman

and many other names i can't recall at the mowment

Potchkins
01-17-2007, 08:17 AM
tiedeman
65hoss
tiedeman
jwingfield2k
phishhook
mower babe
MacLawnCo
xcopterdoc
ElephantNest
impactlandscaping
o-so-n-so
fixer67
odin
Terry (eXmark)
Green Pastures
DFW Area Landscaper

there's some more

Lena
02-15-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm new here, but I've been reading the forums for a while, and I think that Mac(Olderthandirt) is a very informative and smart person.

John Gamba
02-16-2007, 06:10 AM
I'm new here, but I've been reading the forums for a while, and I think that Mac(Olderthandirt) is a very informative and smart person.

Didnt he die?? I thought he fell of a scooter

Eakern & Dog
02-16-2007, 07:21 AM
I'd like to meet Jay Ray for his historical theology knowledge and interesting debates. Others would be Gamba, one-man-gang and ilht

John Gamba
02-16-2007, 07:26 AM
I'd like to meet Jay Ray for his historical theology knowledge and interesting debates. Others would be Gamba, one-man-gang and ilht

Im right here. bring the dog i got biscuits:waving:

casco73
03-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Just curious why do you ask Sean???

daveintoledo
03-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Didnt he die?? I thought he fell of a scooter

i thought he just got pissed and left or something....:confused:

Sean Adams
03-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Just curious why do you ask Sean???

Same answer to your question to be honest...was just curious

Just wanted to see if there were people on the site that others found interesting, entertaining, helpful, etc.... and if they had the chance to sit down with them, who would they be.

mcwlandscaping
03-09-2007, 06:24 PM
mmlawn....i think there are two on here now so let me clarify....the one thats not afraid to tell the truth to someone about any situation on here even if it pisses the other guy off! That's the one i really wanna meet up with!

but there are quite a few others. It would be REALLY neat if we could do some kind of Entire LS get to gether somewhere...but that's thinking really big, probably a little too big!

Sandgropher
03-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Yes thats a great idea Mike lets have a big get together, it will be fun, maybe Sean can organise something it would be interesting :usflag:

Uranus
03-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Yes thats a great idea Mike lets have a big get together, it will be fun, maybe Sean can organise something it would be interesting :usflag:

Yea at the next trade show in Vagas. Everyone gets a free lawnsite t shirt.

Why not set up a booth next to fluid film and whe all can have a pow wow

Total.Lawn.Care
03-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Hard to say because I value the opinions of so many on here and look forward to teh expounding knowledge that is shared by all.

Having said that, these would be my top pick to meet and pick the brains of:

Jarod (ETWMan) - The caliber of his business is what I aspire to. Top quality, top prices, clean, crisp and very well respected.
Andrew (Team-Green L&L) - He has been personal help to me on ideas to help market me business and seems to really have things together for business management.
Dave (Prestige-Lawncare) - Again, been a personal help to me in many areas and I value his opinion on ethics, customers, quality of work.

There is alot to be learned from these guys.

Dano50
03-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Yea at the next trade show in Vagas. Everyone gets a free lawnsite t shirt.

Why not set up a booth next to fluid film and whe all can have a pow wow

Now that could be fun, although I think we'd get cleaned out of samples, t-shirts and stickers!

Haven't been to a show in Vegas in a while...:)

ayoung1
03-12-2007, 07:39 PM
As old as this thread is I can't believe that T.J. Justice has not been mentioned. He is the only one I would be interested in meeting...

Cedar Lawn Care
09-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Jim Lewis and Efficiency although he can be frustratingly bold at times.

93Chevy
09-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Nothing like bringing a 7 1/2 year old thread to life again.

However, I would like to meet Jim Lewis and ETW man.

Exact Rototilling
09-20-2014, 01:07 AM
Whatever happened to "topsites"...?
Posted via Mobile Device

sjessen
09-20-2014, 07:54 AM
Whatever happened to "topsites"...?
Posted via Mobile Device

Herler pehaps?

Kawizx62003
09-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Herler pehaps?

This is funny. I haven't been on here too long but the top sites dude is funny. Was funny I guess. I got to the point when I read old threads to skip his posts.
Posted via Mobile Device

FoghornLeghorn
09-20-2014, 10:51 AM
I'd say Jim Lewis or David Prew.

I've already met David Prew (Plantscape Solutions). The guy forgot more last week than I'll probably learn in the next year. He knows his stuff!

tonygreek
09-20-2014, 12:02 PM
Sean posted a much more recent thread (2014) than this one (2007?), just before he made his exit.

Top 10 Most Respected/Appreciated Members of LawnSite (http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=418196)