PDA

View Full Version : Thought you guys might like this

Scag48
03-07-2006, 01:46 AM
Hey guys. I've been off a machine for so long this is what I have to do to keep my mind in the operating scheme. It's all I've got! Yeah Gravel Rat, it's a Deere. Don't worry though, I have a MASSIVE collection of Cat equipment back home in a box. I think I have almost every Cat piece produced by Norscot.

When I'm bored or don't feel like doing my homework, my box of toys sits on my coffee table in my apartment. Fun in a box. I miss my real toys though! This college thing better pay off....

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/DSC_00881.jpg

ksss
03-07-2006, 02:31 AM
When I was in college, I spent too much time playing in a "box":cool2: . I at least didn't go blind but I also didn't graduate. Skag, your sand box I think is probably more productive however it is also maybe a little troubling:laugh: .

Scag48
03-07-2006, 02:34 AM
I know, my roommate gives me a load of sh!t about it. What can I say, I'm obssesed.

Gravel Rat
03-07-2006, 02:59 AM
It shows your a person that likes to get their hands dirty not like some college students that are miss priss ooh god I can do that I might chip a nail and I don't mean girls saying that :laugh:

You should dab some diesel fuel on you someday when your walking down the hallway of the school and see how many people can figure out what the smell is :laughing:

What are you taking in college ?

Scag48
03-07-2006, 03:06 AM
Business Administration. I actually wore my Carhartt double knee loggers to school the other day. Got some strange looks. I topped it all off with some flannel and my NC Machinery Cat hat. Man, I'm a wicked redneck.

Gravel Rat
03-07-2006, 03:20 AM
The worst part is the white collar worker type people don't think of us blue collar rural types much. I imagine you prolly see alot of those white collar business suit type students there.

Just because of our job description we would rather play in dirt than sit behind a desk pushing a pencil and shuffeling paper they think of us as lower classed people :rolleyes:

Thats probably good course to take if you want to run your own business someday.

janb
03-07-2006, 03:34 AM
...You should dab some diesel fuel on you someday when your walking down the hallway of the school and see how many people can figure out what the smell is :laughing:

What are you taking in college ?

I got pretty strange looks myself pulling into my college parking lot with my equip, but I was between jobs, and needed to fuel. My classes are at the end of the day, and closer to my jobs than to home (guarantee I smelled of many things... it was a day I was burning + fueling) I asked to get a "semi-rate" on parking permit :laugh: I'm doing Business (internaional + finance) too, as I already have Mech and Civil Eng Degrees (from 1976 & 78...:confused: ) The feds are paying for school since I gave my job of 32 yrs away to India (6 wks prior to 'retirement'...:cry: )

qps
03-07-2006, 08:37 AM
When I was in college, I spent too much time playing in a "box":cool2: . I at least didn't go blind but I also didn't graduate. Skag, your sand box I think is probably more productive however it is also maybe a little troubling:laugh: .

I was thinking the same thing....Scag...you got to find you a woman...quick:weightlifter:

Scag48
03-07-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm trying, I just need to find one that's normal. Women are just a PITA for the most part, I'll wait until I'm 30. By then, hopefully they will have grown out of their high school immature-ness. :dancing:

thepawnshop
03-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Scag, personally, I'm not a big fan of college but during college football season, I sometimes wish I had stayed the course, If not for the education, but for all the "immature" female students. Who needs maturity when you are wrestling naked?!?!?! (Forgive me if that offended anyone)

My son LOVES the JD322 CTL model as well as the excavator nodel...h eplays with em in his sandbox all the time.

Excavating rules (and so do immature college women)!

Tigerotor77W
03-07-2006, 05:37 PM
I love my scale models, too! I play with them outside... any season... :D Good times. Though I don't bring them to college with me.

Scag48
03-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Doug, it sounds like your wife doesn't have you on a leash!

thepawnshop
03-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Brother, she has me on the shortest leash imaginable...but I sowed more than enough oats WITHOUT going to college (I used to be in the bar biz...bouncer to bar-back to bartender to bar manager). In fact, that is how we met...which is why I guess I am on such a short freakin leash!!!!!!!

Scag, live it up and don't be so hard on the girls. They aren't used to guys that like to work for their money. College only comes once...unless you are a rock.

thepawnshop
03-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Hey, I just noticed something...there sure are ALOT of posts DURING THE DAY on a website devoted to folks who's livelihood revolves around working DURING THE DAY! What gives?!?!?

I'll go first, though I don't have time to play with scaled construction equipment in a sndbox (just giving you a hard time, Scag), I do own two pawnshops and during "tax season", I have to be in the shop...but I ma back in teh field FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!! Booyah!

ksss
03-07-2006, 08:04 PM
The weather has been terrible. Just in case I should forget, although as much as I have bitched about it I doubt I will. I will never ever buy another excavator without an enclosed cab. EVER.:hammerhead:

qps
03-07-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm trying, I just need to find one that's normal. Women are just a PITA for the most part, I'll wait until I'm 30. By then, hopefully they will have grown out of their high school immature-ness. :dancing:

Normal....dude your playing in a sandbox....define normal:dizzy: ...just pulling your leg Mr. C:waving:

qps
03-07-2006, 10:26 PM
The weather has been terrible. Just in case I should forget, although as much as I have bitched about it I doubt I will. I will never ever buy another excavator without an enclosed cab. EVER.:hammerhead:

What happened to all the I love the open rops comments:drinkup: getting old aren't ya...

ksss
03-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Sucks when some comments (which were made no doubt during fair weather) come back to haunt you. Besides I though we were picking on SKAG>

Scag48
03-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Yeah, I'm disgusted at you guys posting during the day! Get back to work! Just messing with ya guys.

I only have 1 class on Tuesdays and Thursdays and no class on Friday. Working 20 hours a week at the restaurant and I'm working around 20 hours or so landscaping my grandparent's house. I have to remove the lawn, moss has taken over and I don't think there's any way I can reclaim it. Might just have to rent an excavator to yank it out. Nonetheless, I'll be home in less than 2 weeks, I have about 9 straight days of excavator work to do, I can't wait.

qps
03-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Yeah, I'm disgusted at you guys posting during the day! Get back to work! Just messing with ya guys.

I only have 1 class on Tuesdays and Thursdays and no class on Friday. Working 20 hours a week at the restaurant and I'm working around 20 hours or so landscaping my grandparent's house. I have to remove the lawn, moss has taken over and I don't think there's any way I can reclaim it. Might just have to rent an excavator to yank it out. Nonetheless, I'll be home in less than 2 weeks, I have about 9 straight days of excavator work to do, I can't wait.

Wow....when do you go to school????:cool2: