PDA

View Full Version : Talpirid Maker Shafts Us .

Lawn Tek
03-07-2006, 09:39 AM
The maker of Talpirid will now sell its mole control to anyone who has the cash . They have the nerve to place full page ads in our trade publications , showing how great and profitable it is . And at the same time anyone can buy it through Gemplers . Althought they tried to pull a slick one by calling it Motomco . When you do a search on the net GEMPLERS even calls it Talpirid !
The price is only a few dollars more than the professional licensed applicator can buy it for also ! You get licensed , spend your time and advertising dollars promoting it and they shaft us ! E mail or call Bell Labortories and let them know what you think !

MStine315
03-07-2006, 10:00 AM
I knew this was coming...but wait-there's more!!! In a couple year's(at most) I'm told it'll be at Home Depot,Lowe's,etc... The one thing I was told is that it was going to be 2-3x what we're paying. In the word's of my rep. "Make as much as you can now, because in a year or two anybody will be able to buy it." In a small way though, I can't blame Bell labs, They aren't in business to make money for us, they want to make as much as they can, too.

Lawn Tek
03-07-2006, 12:23 PM
I will never buy anything again from Bell Labrotories. Guess we see how "commited to the professional applicator " they are .

Runner
03-07-2006, 03:15 PM
I don't understand what the fuss. is. It is no different than ant and everyother pestiide out there. There is no general use pesticide that we can purchase that any homeowner can't go out and purchase it off the shelves. NONE. I don't care if it is a herbicide, insecticide, fungicide, or whatever. The same stuff that all of us use is available at Home Depot, hardware stores, grain elevators, and several other places - including grocery and drug stores.

Killswitch
03-07-2006, 03:19 PM
I agree Joe but it is a little different in the sense that all you need is a pair of latex gloves to basically apply them.

Or ....install them I should say.

somo1
03-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Have you guys had good luck with Talprid? Good removal or control? How often are the moles coming back? Give me your examples and advice on the product. Thanks

Killswitch
03-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Im actually installing 20 worms on Thursday to a nice property with a serious mole issue. I've heard good things and am anxious to see for myself.

Runner
03-07-2006, 06:07 PM
I agree Joe but it is a little different in the sense that all you need is a pair of latex gloves to basically apply them.

Or ....install them I should say.

This is so true...and it's something that I didnt even think of until you had mentioned it. Then, a funny thought popped up in my head. I was thinking...We'll tell THAT to the guy who is out spraying his lawn with "weed n feed" through a hose-end sprayer, wearing his hawaiian shorts with a beer in the ther hand.;)

Lawn Tek
03-07-2006, 08:36 PM
The fuss is this , they place full page adds in the trade mags claiming they are all about profits for us .