PDA

View Full Version : scaring off new callers

bigjeeping
03-07-2006, 10:40 AM
I sent out my auto renew letters about a month ago and have only had one of 60 resis cancel!!!!! WEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee

So i've been advertising hard core and I have another 22 new calls I need to go give estimates on! I had been kinda "storing them up" since it's been pretty cold here lately and I'm not planning on starting clean ups and mulch for atleast another 2 weeks.

Anyway, I had any idea of leaving a sheet of paper in an envelope (most people aren't home during the day and just want something dropped off)

One side of the sheet will be a nice estimate form, and on the other side will be my service agreement and policies.

Do you think that leaving the service agreement WITH the estimate will scare some people off? Anyone have any opinions here?

The sheet looks VERY professional.

??:dizzy:

daveintoledo
03-07-2006, 02:14 PM
if it scares them off, not really the type you want to deal with anyway right.....:)

John Gamba
03-07-2006, 02:38 PM
I sent out my auto renew letters about a month ago and have only had one of 60 resis cancel!!!!! WEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee

So i've been advertising hard core and I have another 22 new calls I need to go give estimates on! I had been kinda "storing them up" since it's been pretty cold here lately and I'm not planning on starting clean ups and mulch for atleast another 2 weeks.

Anyway, I had any idea of leaving a sheet of paper in an envelope (most people aren't home during the day and just want something dropped off)

One side of the sheet will be a nice estimate form, and on the other side will be my service agreement and policies.

Do you think that leaving the service agreement WITH the estimate will scare some people off? Anyone have any opinions here?

The sheet looks VERY professional.

??:dizzy:

Get them to call:clapping: then make the sale:cool2: then give the rules:)

bigjeeping
03-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Get them to call:clapping: then make the sale:cool2: then give the rules:)

This is some good thinking..

John Gamba
03-07-2006, 06:57 PM
This is some good thinking..

Thank You. It made me :clapping:

gslawncare
03-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Do you really expect to sit down with every customer? People are busy and so are we. But I think just a basic service agreement and price is good to let them know how much. Then give the conditions agreement right around first service. include payment due date, address, payable to, and cancellation notice.

John Gamba
03-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Do you really expect to sit down with every customer? ,.

Yes i did. Thats what they liked in my day:hammerhead: But i was doing very large lawns.

sheshovel
03-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Nope use seperate sheets of paper.

Plow_Boy84
03-07-2006, 09:28 PM
i dont see anything wrong with giving them everything right away. saves extra postage and phone calls... so why not?

bigjeeping
03-07-2006, 09:44 PM
I think what i'll do it mail it out with the first bill!

Jpocket
03-07-2006, 09:53 PM
My contract is the acutal estimate. they see the price and then sign at the bottom and mail it back.