PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the pesticide license exam in South Carolina

tsh1773
03-07-2006, 01:59 PM
If you have taken the exam in South Carolina, I 'd like to know your opinion on how detailed the questions were, how long you studied before the exam and if you passed or not. I picked up the study materials today for the core and category 3 exams. Cat 3 is for Turf & Ornamental Pest Control. SC has one core exam that covers pesticide & herbicide licensing. Cat 3 is people like me who will only be applying fert and weed killers.

Study materials were $40. The exam fees are $75 & $25 respectively.

gpenny
03-08-2006, 07:33 AM
Took the exams in December (core and Cat. 3 ). Passed them both easily. If you read through both manuals and are familar with the "Test Your Knowledge" questions at the end of each chapter, you will do fine. The Cat. 3 does have a few "trickier" questions than the Core. Good luck!

williamslawn
03-08-2006, 10:20 PM
I agree, read the study material and you will have no problems. Seems to be the same test I took six years ago. I had two guys take the test in Jan. They both passed. Sent both of them to a tranning class at ext. office one week before test. Good Luck!!

bigpoppayoung
02-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Took the exams in December (core and Cat. 3 ). Passed them both easily. If you read through both manuals and are familar with the "Test Your Knowledge" questions at the end of each chapter, you will do fine. The Cat. 3 does have a few "trickier" questions than the Core. Good luck!

Passed the core this week rather easily. Began looking at cat 3 study material. Just wondered how the questions were in regards to calibration formulas. My company does mostly weed and fire ant abatement. Any info you could give me would be appreciated.

bigpoppayoung@gmail.com

Jonathan Johnson
10-16-2013, 06:49 AM
I am looking to take the test within the next month or so as well. I will post after I take it.