PDA

View Full Version : Condo complex

BSME
03-07-2006, 01:31 PM
I've been gone in Mexico for the last week so I had a lot of catching up to do...
-Wetboots will have 1,000 posts with his next post
-Jerry needs to change his location still

anyway..

I am working on a bid for some condos... a landscaper is actually bidding on some other stuff and they want him to put turn ons and winterizations in his bid... he doesn't do sprinklers so he's having me do that part....

any words of wisdom?

I walked the property but didnt have any keys to the controllers yet... my best guess is about 9 controllers and 60ish zones...

I'll be able to give a price for getting the water turned on and turned off and then all the problems I find after that will obviously have to be T&M (Bic just smiled).

anyway... just wondering if any of you with experience with condos have any warnings

PurpHaze
03-07-2006, 09:55 PM
I'll be able to give a price for getting the water turned on and turned off and then all the problems I find after that will obviously have to be T&M (Bic just smiled).

T&M is his middle name, isn't it??? :laugh:

bicmudpuppy
03-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Ya'll go ahead and laugh all you want. I'm still billing :)

jerryrwm
03-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Gotta love that T&M work. It's great to be the Dr.

Oh yeah, changed the location in the profile too. I may live in Wisconsin, but I'll not be wearing one of those wedges of cheese at any time in the near or distant future. Still wear my Akubra and my Resistol.

PurpHaze
03-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Oh yeah, changed the location in the profile too. I may live in Wisconsin, but I'll not be wearing one of those wedges of cheese at any time in the near or distant future. Still wear my Akubra and my Resistol.

Maybe you could wear a cheese head with a star on it? :laugh:

BSME
03-09-2006, 12:28 PM
this post is half to bring this back to top in case anyone has any advice about dealing with condo complexes... I'm already learning the communication is going to be rough...

but I'm more concerned right now if any of you have any universal timer key sets?

all I found so far was this
http://www.reedsirrigation.com/timesavers.htm

I believe there is one in the john deere book so I think i'll go check it out... I swear I had a rainbird key from a mechanical timer but it didnt work at that condo complex

sprinklerguy: you have one you want to sell?

kerdog
03-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Hey BSME-----

If you do a search for controller keys, it will pull up a couple of threads about them. Jerry mentions that a couple of keys will open most...
#CH751 & HL238. I had to go back and look, I had written those down somewhere, and couldn't find it, but remembered it was Jerry who had posted that, (Thanks to Jerry).
Quite an assortment of keys on that ring, at that link you posted.

See ya---kerdog

BSME
03-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks Kerdog,
I wasted a lot of time on google... should have realized Jerry has already answered all the questions I have on here...

If you want to see what john deere has go to page 107 in the catalog.

http://www.johndeerelandscapes.com/_Professional_R_S/_Catalog/Catg_rest.asp

kerdog
03-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey BSME----

That will be another 'bookmark' to keep........thanks.

See ya----kerdog