PDA

View Full Version : trimmer trap TT-1 vs trimmer trap TT-2

clydesdale
03-07-2006, 02:02 PM
I will mount this on inside of dump trailer. I am currently a one man crew and only need 2 spots on the trimmer rack. But should i get the 3rd with the tt-2 and anybody have experience with tt-1? Is it easy to use?

PGA
03-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Very easy to use.

samk
03-07-2006, 02:59 PM
I have the tt-1 on my open trailer tends to eat my foam on trimmer handle after time.

clydesdale
03-07-2006, 03:03 PM
is the TT-2 less likely to chew foam? How about the locking system on the TT-1? Thanks

The Captain
03-07-2006, 03:10 PM
I had aTT-1 on my open trailer and was happy with it. Needed another slot and bought a TT-2. The locking arms/forks ate the foam off both trimmers in a week. They seem to hold too tight for the trimmers to rotate to a neutral postion. Other than that problem, I like the TT-2 better for ease of use.

Jim

clydesdale
03-07-2006, 08:10 PM
whoa, what are you guys saying, the trimmertrap that i want to order tt-1 or tt-2 will eat the handles off my trimmers? What the hell good is that? I thought these things were top of the line?

PLM-1
03-07-2006, 09:51 PM
The top of the line is GridIron!

clydesdale
03-07-2006, 10:05 PM
what is with the TT eating the trimmer foam handles????

LLandscaping
03-07-2006, 10:41 PM
We use the Trimmer Trap 3 place model, it doesn't eat the whole handle away. Over time there will be a wear spot on the rubber on the side of the trimmer, you can less this by adding foam or padding in the trimmer spot on the rack. I would recommend the trimmer trap that holds four, because it is nice to have a spot for a pole hedge trimmer, and be able to carry two trimmers and a edger.

The Captain
03-07-2006, 11:14 PM
I agree with Adam. The foam wrap is what was damaged, not the metal shaft of the trimmer. I probably could have then or now fixed the problem by spreading the holding brackets a little. What seems to be happening is the bracket holds the trimmer shaft, where the foam cushion is, to tightly. The vibration going down the road causes the trimmer to rotate in the rack. This rotation and the tight grip of the rack gives the foam a kind of "Indian Burn", like we used to do to our little brothers wrists. This will ware off or tear the foam.

The racks are indeed first class or I would not still have them on my rig.
I hope I've clarified my initial, poor report.

Jim

samk
03-07-2006, 11:34 PM
when I said handle i was refering to the foam wrap around the shaft does not happen overnight but i know for sure not the only one that has happened to. trying green touch now.

lawncuttinfoo
03-07-2006, 11:44 PM
Wow, I was about to order one of these also but now I'm taking a second look, I have been struggling with carpel tunnel the last 2 years and there no way I'm putting up with foamless handles.

PLS-Tx
03-07-2006, 11:57 PM
I just ordered the 4 place TT to go in a enclosed trailer, maybe I should have got the Green Touch.

I looked at the Green Touch, but I didn't think I would like messing with all those pins and clips.

siclmn
03-08-2006, 02:04 AM
The goodness of the trimmer trap is that it does grip the handle tight enough so that the trimmer does not spin around or move as you go down the road over bumps and such. It does not eat up my handles at all. It only puts a dent where it grips the handle to hold it. If it is chewing up handles you only need to bend the gripper a little tighter so it grips better or else your just buying cheap equipment with cheap grips. It only takes one hand movement to lock all three pieces of equipment down. That is what makes trimmer trap the best one out there.

Richard Martin
03-08-2006, 06:17 AM
I have the 3 place TT and except for my bent shaft Stihl edger I have had no problems with the grips on either my Shindys or my Stihl trimmers. The reason the edger has a problem is the V in the TT wants to hold the edger straight up and down and the offset of the curved shaft of the edger wants to turn the edger sideways. Somethings going to give and it's the rubber on the edger handle.

samk
03-08-2006, 09:28 AM
or else your just buying cheap equipment with cheap grips. It only takes one hand movement to lock all three pieces of equipment down. That is what makes trimmer trap the best one out there.
Not buying cheap equipment so your wrong there. Two I have the TT-1 as stated earlier and if you do a search on them here you will find that other people have had theirs grips tore up and they were not cheap trimmers either

PLS-Tx
03-08-2006, 11:49 PM
My Trimmer Trap came in today, so I'll find out soon how it works.

Now all I need is my trailer to mount it in, I should get it this week or next week. I ordered it in Feb., boy do I hate waiting.:cry:

LawnGuy73
03-09-2006, 07:56 AM
Spendy, but very well built, and easy to use.