PDA

View Full Version : Non-Paying Commercial customer

lawncuttinfoo
03-07-2006, 02:02 PM
I have an outstanding final invoice from last year from one of my commercial accounts. The contract was signed by their property manager who is no longer employed by them.

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this and what battles I face ahead.

Piscitelli Landscape
03-07-2006, 06:04 PM
I HAVE DEalt with the same thing before several times most of the time the manager that left just wasnt keeping up o his paper work and sending it to corprate. so all you have to do is get in touch with the next person up the latter or the person in charge of paying bills. one time i had to go to court and i won, but if you have a signed contract or agreement most of the time there main office will pay it.

lawn_pro
03-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Yes, I have had that problem, called(no return call), showed up in person-got a check on the spot, they have been early ever since.

lawncuttinfoo
03-07-2006, 11:47 PM
I assume commercial props are no different from resis in that you can put a mechanics lien on them, is this right?

greenscapes,inc.
03-08-2006, 12:04 AM
I like to try to get a owner or some one from corporate to sign the contract, that way if the manager get fired or quits then there is someone else responsible.
As far as I know there are no lien laws for maintenance, if it was construction then you have 30 days from the date completed

BRIDGE577
03-08-2006, 12:15 AM
I do recomend putting somthing in your contract about interest rates for late paying customers, and a discloser about fees if it goes to court. I usually start sending out new bills every month with the new total they usually pay up pretty quick. Also always keep copies of your contracts.