PDA

View Full Version : 110 or 110R???

FinalCut05
03-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Whats the difference between the Stihl 110R and the 110. Is it just the handle? I was wondering cause I'm interested in replacing my trimmer and I didn't know what the difference was. Do they both accept the attachments? Thanks for the info.

Tony

John Gamba
03-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Whats the difference between the Stihl 110R and the 110. Is it just the handle? I was wondering cause I'm interested in replacing my trimmer and I didn't know what the difference was. Do they both accept the attachments? Thanks for the info.

Tony

Tony

I think i have the 110:confused: And it only weed whacks.

mcwlandscaping
03-07-2006, 02:48 PM
The 110R is set up as a trimmer and can accept gearbox attachments. The 110, is set up for brushcutting (comes with a trimmer head though) with the large guard and bike handles. The 110R can accept all of the gear box attachments while the 110 can only accept the power scythe, the mini tiller, and the edger attachments. Hope that helps

6'7 330
03-07-2006, 03:09 PM
The 110R is set up as a trimmer and can accept gearbox attachments. The 110, is set up for brushcutting (comes with a trimmer head though) with the large guard and bike handles. The 110R can accept all of the gear box attachments while the 110 can only accept the power scythe, the mini tiller, and the edger attachments. Hope that helps
In addition,for general trimming, the bike handles will add more then an additional pound to the trimmer.And Bike handles on a trimmer, are generally awkward for general purpose trimming.

FinalCut05
03-07-2006, 04:21 PM
thanks everybody, The 110R is the one im looking for. By the way, Mr. Gamba, any more news on the Convertible Mower. I'm really interested in one.

Tony

John Gamba
03-07-2006, 04:27 PM
thanks everybody, The 110R is the one im looking for. By the way, Mr. Gamba, any more news on the Convertible Mower. I'm really interested in one.

Tony

Its John:hammerhead:

They dropped off the radar screen. I think they will be more in-line next year. There website is back up:waving:

FinalCut05
03-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the info John. Now that ive done some more digging, ive found the stihl kombi system. I have a older crapsman trimmer as a back up so im not putting all of my eggs in a basket. So now the deal is the 110R vs the KM 110R.
Any suggestions between the two units.

Thanks

Tony

John Gamba
03-07-2006, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the info John. Now that ive done some more digging, ive found the stihl kombi system. I have a older crapsman trimmer as a back up so im not putting all of my eggs in a basket. So now the deal is the 110R vs the KM 110R.
Any suggestions between the two units.

Thanks

Tony

I dont have them with me now, there in the next town so i dont know the numbers and letters. I also have the one with the lock in the middle of the shaft. Its the Quick disconnect and its great. I have the new edger,power broom(sweet), the articulating hedge trimmer and weed whacker head and shaft(sweet).

Let me look up the number for you and i'll have them latter tonight so you can see them tomorrow.

Lbilawncare
03-07-2006, 06:24 PM
We have the 110's and the 100's, by far prefer the 100s. Same engine, less weight.

mcwlandscaping
03-07-2006, 06:58 PM
If your going ot be switching out attachments often, go with the Kombi-System, much faster and is designed for the purpose of quickly switching out heads.

John Gamba
03-07-2006, 08:03 PM
If your going ot be switching out attachments often, go with the Kombi-System, much faster and is designed for the purpose of quickly switching out heads.

Tony!! Theres your answer:clapping:

FinalCut05
03-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Thanks again. I don't know how I could get by without this site. It means alot everyone.

John Gamba
03-08-2006, 07:47 AM
Thanks again. I don't know how I could get by without this site. It means alot everyone.

Tony

I have the Fs 100 rx trimmer i got last year. I also have the Split-boom series
With all the attachments and i love how fast it is to change them out. I like to keep the edger on and if i have to restring or something happens to the 100 i can easily change to the weed whacker and continue on.