PDA

View Full Version : Using Lesco's HPS unit for delivering flyers?

walker-talker
03-07-2006, 02:37 PM
I had been planning on buying a cheap ($300 or $400) motor scooter to help speed up the pain of delivering flyers/doorhangers. I recently purchased the Lesco HPS unit and thought I could save some money using this instead. I could put a gas can and some flyers/doorhangers in the hopper. It would give me a chance to break the machine in good while it's still under warranty.

BTW, today was the first day I used it and I give it thumbs up!

Good idea or bad? Would it look any more sillier riding this around vs. a little scooter?

Thanks
Matt

John Gamba
03-07-2006, 02:43 PM
Matt

Its an Unregistered motor vehicle. where i come from you would get a ticket and towed

Jcs Lawn and Landscape
03-07-2006, 04:01 PM
lol if it works it works

walker-talker
03-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Matt

Its an Unregistered motor vehicle. where i come from you would get a ticket and towed
I understand that, but it's on the side streets and where I come from I don't think I would have any trouble.

John Gamba
03-07-2006, 04:56 PM
I understand that, but it's on the side streets and where I come from I don't think I would have any trouble.

Thats cool:) It sounds like you live in a great town. Go for it.

Runner
03-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Just tell the people that it's YOUR version of the "IT".:)

indyturf
03-07-2006, 07:45 PM
I actually thought about doing that with my PG last week, but figured I needed the exercise after sitting around all winter!

walker-talker
03-07-2006, 07:59 PM
I actually thought about doing that with my PG last week, but figured I needed the exercise after sitting around all winter!God only knows I need the excercise also, but if I actually wanted the excercise, I wouldn't bought the unit in the first place. I just thinking of productivity here. It would speed up things tremendously. I am going to give it a shot.

lawn king
03-08-2006, 07:40 AM
I had been planning on buying a cheap ($300 or $400) motor scooter to help speed up the pain of delivering flyers/doorhangers. I recently purchased the Lesco HPS unit and thought I could save some money using this instead. I could put a gas can and some flyers/doorhangers in the hopper. It would give me a chance to break the machine in good while it's still under warranty.

BTW, today was the first day I used it and I give it thumbs up!

Good idea or bad? Would it look any more sillier riding this around vs. a little scooter?

Thanks
Matt
If you do this, you should fill the hopper with cold beer & ice! :drinkup:

teeca
03-08-2006, 09:37 AM
now were talking!

walker-talker
03-08-2006, 02:49 PM
The idea just gets better and better!!!

Victor
03-08-2006, 06:01 PM
I like the idea Walker. Anything to make it easier sounds like a good idea to me. The way I see it, is you're going to be more willing to get out there and pass out that many more. Darn You! Now you've got me wishing I had an HPS, so I could use it for that! Walker>> :hammerhead:

Vic

Splicer
03-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Are you crossing peoples lawns on that or taking it up and down each individual drive? I was considering taking Becky to pass out flyers. Kinda shows off the equipment (still don't have the deck back on yet though).

walker-talker
03-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Oh no, I wouldn't cross people's lawn with the HPS. I wouldn't even walk across people's lawn. If the people are even outside, I probably won't even pull in their drive-way.

Who's Becky?