PDA

View Full Version : Protective Clothing and Equipment?

PGA
03-07-2006, 03:58 PM
What do you guys do if the label of something you are applying doesnt tell you what to use?

Is there a standard or norm for what you will wear and use?

I ask because this is my first year doing apps. Ive scoured the lable of the Dimension 19-0-6 .010% and I see nothing.

Are rubber boots and gloves enough?

somo1
03-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Anytime that I spray a liquid I use a minimum of long sleeve shirt, rubber gloves, rubber boots and eye protection. Unless the label states that a respiratory mask is required, than I use one. Look up the label and MSDS sheets on the web and read those, they will be the most updated.

PGA
03-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Anytime that I spray a liquid I use a minimum of long sleeve shirt, rubber gloves, rubber boots and eye protection. Unless the label states that a respiratory mask is required, than I use one. Look up the label and MSDS sheets on the web and read those, they will be the most updated.

If its granular?

somo1
03-07-2006, 06:31 PM
I always wear long-sleeve anyway, just in case I have to spot spray for weeds. If it is granular I only wear gloves if it has a chemical besides fert. to contaminate my skin. I know that gloves can be hot and sweaty so I carry several pairs to dry when wet inside. Or I use disposable gloves, they're cheap and just throw them away. I use Cintas to wash all my uniforms, It only cost about $5/wk per person. This saves me from contaminating my other clothes and my family by not taking them home.

PGA
03-07-2006, 07:12 PM
I always wear long-sleeve anyway, just in case I have to spot spray for weeds. If it is granular I only wear gloves if it has a chemical besides fert. to contaminate my skin. I know that gloves can be hot and sweaty so I carry several pairs to dry when wet inside. Or I use disposable gloves, they're cheap and just throw them away. I use Cintas to wash all my uniforms, It only cost about $5/wk per person. This saves me from contaminating my other clothes and my family by not taking them home.

Thanks somo!

Is it ok to wash them alone? Will it leave a residual in the washer that can transfer?

Or should I just hook up a seperate washer to do my clothes? Im solo and I only do about 20 houses so I dont have uniforms or any of that.

olive123
03-07-2006, 07:13 PM
use a paper mask if spreading somtimes the dust from the fert gets out in front of you and you are breathing it in.
long pants and shoes (rubber boots)

somo1
03-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks somo!

Is it ok to wash them alone? Will it leave a residual in the washer that can transfer?

Or should I just hook up a seperate washer to do my clothes? Im solo and I only do about 20 houses so I dont have uniforms or any of that.

It should be ok, since you're only treat a couple of days a month. Just make sure to wash seperately from other clothes. The same washing machine will do fine. I just use uniforms because we treat everyday and it makes it easier than taking these dirty clothes home to the wife. Plus it looks more professional, no torn clothes, faded t-shirts or employees saying they forgot to do the laundry.

PGA
03-07-2006, 07:24 PM
It should be ok, since you're only treat a couple of days a month. Just make sure to wash seperately from other clothes. The same washing machine will do fine. I just use uniforms because we treat everyday and it makes it easier than taking these dirty clothes home to the wife. Plus it looks more professional, no torn clothes, faded t-shirts or employees saying they forgot to do the laundry.

Thanks for the help.