PDA

View Full Version : Can a Perma Green or Z do this?

kyles974
03-07-2006, 04:41 PM
I have a ZTR sprayer/spreader that I used for 2-3 yrs. (which is for sale in forums!) One Saturday I sprayed 2 football, 2 baseball, 2 soccer, and 2 softball fields. Then I went over them 2 more times spreader fertilizer.(2 times for granular to prevent any striping) So, that's over a MILLION sq ft in one day! Can a Perma Green compare? ......he...he

Donít get me wrong I think the Perma Green is an awesome machine...but for smaller lawns. I would always ride my ZTR sprayer on any lawns around 7,000sq ft and bigger. I never had anyone complain. People are used to machines of this size.(same size as a 60 inch mower)

?????????

Koster Landscape
03-07-2006, 06:50 PM
That is a lot of spaying! wow, could you post a pick of your set up?That's what I call rolling.

amvega
03-07-2006, 08:38 PM
We have a perma-green and I'm sure that I could have done that. If you go their weed site they tell what a perma-green is capable of doing. A million sounds like alot but it really isn't if you think about it.

kyles974
03-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Pics are in the for sale forum....

Perma....yes, but has anyone done it? It was none stop for me...:walking:

lawnservice
03-08-2006, 11:02 AM
to answer the question....yes i do it 4 times per season.

we also service a sports complex...baseball and football fields at one location....then drive a few miles to the soccer fields

slightly more than a million sq ft total....but lets call it an even million

I do these fields myself (love doing it...gets me out of the office) anyway i use a permagreen. takes just over 8 hours

permagreen will do an acre in 15 minutes...so they claim. of course it takes longer than 15 minutes to treat an acre when we're talking multiple acres. always going back to refill the hopper and/or spray tank takes time. at this site an acre = 25 minutes

not defending permagreen (in fact i aint a big fan) also not trying to burst anyones bubble but one million sq ft is very doable in an 8 hour day when all that sq ft is in very close proximity

DUSTYCEDAR
03-08-2006, 11:50 AM
its true it can be done
gotta love the permagreen

PaulJ
03-08-2006, 06:40 PM
So Can I ask why your selling the ztr spreader/sprayer?

At what ground speed do you go with the ride-on's and how do you keep track of and regulate ground speed?

I do 4 softball fields wiht a atv sprayer on a garden trackto and a pull behind spreader. not on the same day though. The sprayer has to come off to use the spreader.
I can make 1 pass over the 4 fields (about 40000sqft each) in about 2.5 hours.
I used a push spreader on them a couple times and it took close to 5 hours and aobut killed me.

cemars
03-08-2006, 07:04 PM
I have a ZTR sprayer/spreader that I used for 2-3 yrs. (which is for sale in forums!) One Saturday I sprayed 2 football, 2 baseball, 2 soccer, and 2 softball fields. Then I went over them 2 more times spreader fertilizer.(2 times for granular to prevent any striping) So, that's over a MILLION sq ft in one day! Can a Perma Green compare? ......he...he
?????????

Why would you spray and not spread at the same time? It sounds like you did alot of unneccessary work.

kyles974
03-09-2006, 11:44 AM
I thought I remember Perma saying it would do a million when they first came out. That's interesting to know, thanks.

kyles974
03-09-2006, 11:58 AM
So Can I ask why your selling the ztr spreader/sprayer?

At what ground speed do you go with the ride-on's and how do you keep track of and regulate ground speed?

Paulj, I'm selling the unit because I/we are no longer in business. After getting ....well, screwed from a contractor in Michigan for $10,000.00 (still trying legal actions) and losing $40,000 in school work (budget cut back) and many other related factors ......And Phizer buying out Pharmacia, wife lost job, along with 4,000+ others....And Michigan being the highest state in unemployment...we said "last person out of Michigan, don't forget to turn the lights off!"

Ground speed? The machine had a speedo on it. Underside wire got cut somehow, though we found we never use it. Spreading only we would go full speed, 13mph. Spraying/spreading we would go 7-8 mph. After using the speedo, it was easy to find that speed, little over 3/4 with control arms. This sounds silly but you would just have to ride the machine yourself to understand.:rolleyes:

kyles974
03-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Why would you spray and not spread at the same time? It sounds like you did alot of unneccessary work.

Yes and no. This school system was spending big money to have these fields on a program. They also was ripped off by a company 2 yrs before having us in there.(don't even ask, you know) The year before they did nothing because of there discuss. Two of the fields (soccer) myself and consultents they hired to develop from seed. (we had 2yrs to do) So, where I'm going with this is that I wanted to be flawless. I feel, along with many of you, that no one can spray or spread better than me.:laugh: But, I still wanted to be safe and deliver premium service and results. I had a bad experience with a field. The spreader that was on the machine was throwing a heavy coat just below my left foot. (I been appling products for over 15yrs) I never saw it. I was working 3hrs away and staying the night in that town when I got a call from contract manager... "Kyle, what happend...the field looks like a checkerd board?":hammerhead: He thought it was an employee...I was lost of words when I had to tell him that it was me.:D With my experience I was able to fix the checker board that week. So... I wanted to be flawless. Also, the speader was thown out and I put a Spyker on the machine!

kyles974
03-09-2006, 12:23 PM
I used a push spreader on them a couple times and it took close to 5 hours and aobut killed me.

Been there too! Before buying this machine, my old pull behind spreader broke. I had a good day with off work....:weightlifter:

kyles974
03-09-2006, 12:25 PM
not defending permagreen (in fact i aint a big fan) also not trying to burst anyones bubble but one million sq ft is very doable in an 8 hour day when all that sq ft is in very close proximity

OK...now what if I told you I did 2 million in one day with this machine?

I would be rich $$ and wouldn't be trying to sell it!:laugh:

DUSTYCEDAR
03-09-2006, 12:33 PM
i cant do 2 mil with my machine in a day i am not that worthey :usflag: