PDA

View Full Version : Which one ?

kingofbling
03-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Hello again,

I finally found a few WB mowers within my budget and wanted to know what you guys would recommend from the ones below ? I have contracted to begin starting mowing next month at a dealership so this is going to be my first buy, hopefully i will be able to contract more deals.

Anyways this is the prices my local dealer gave me, and what he is offering.

Commercial
Scag 36" 13HP Kawasaki Engine - $2599.00 (Bike type Handles)
Scag 32" 13HP Kohler Engine - $2599.00 (Bike type Handles)
Toro 32" 13HP Kawasaki Engine - $2519.00 (Bar Handles)
Toro 32" 13HP Kohler Engine - $2700.00 (Bar Handles)

The two scags are the same other than the width/engine, all had belts on both sides of wheels. Im thinking to go with the 36" 13HP Kawasaki, but not sure.

Also would the following mowers hold up for residential usage if im unable to use the larger mower ?
Toro 436-719 22" Front Drive (Self-P) - $299.99
Yard Machines 4.5HP 407-815 (Backup Mower) $139.99

I dont really want to invest a lot in a 22" mower so basically thought i would buy some cheap priced ones and use them till they poop out and just buy another.

Thanks in advance for the help.

B&D Lawn Care
03-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Thso e prices don't look bad but you should be able to ge ta 48" belt drive for under 3000. Unless a 36" is what you want. I don't see why the toro 22 wouldn't hold up but I would stay away from WM brand.

kingofbling
03-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Thso e prices don't look bad but you should be able to ge ta 48" belt drive for under 3000. Unless a 36" is what you want. I don't see why the toro 22 wouldn't hold up but I would stay away from WM brand.

They had a 48" but it was $3299 + Tax. Guess i will go with the 36", what brand toro or scag ? I dont have any history with these brands so thought i would ask those who have been using these brand mowers.

On the 22" i was going to get that toro and then a cheap $100+ mower (home depot) as a backup.

ed2hess
03-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Don't know Toro but I do know a lot about Scag and it is a very durable unit that will be with you a long time. The only problems we have is we wear out engines and when we do we put on 15HP Kohler because it is cheap. Either engine is okay.

B&D Lawn Care
03-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Ya can't go wrong w/ either one. I would skip the backup and put the 100 w/ the 299 and get you a jamup push. You won't needa back up then.
Have you considered looking at a used wb? You can get one w/ a few hours for way less than 3000.

kingofbling
03-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Don't know Toro but I do know a lot about Scag and it is a very durable unit that will be with you a long time. The only problems we have is we wear out engines and when we do we put on 15HP Kohler because it is cheap. Either engine is okay.

Thanks, do you know if engines carry a warranty (i forgot to ask them).

Ya can't go wrong w/ either one. I would skip the backup and put the 100 w/ the 299 and get you a jamup push. You won't needa back up then.
Have you considered looking at a used wb? You can get one w/ a few hours for way less than 3000.

Whats the link to jamup push ? I havent seen those.

There is only (1) Dealer that even deals with commercial equipment in my area and i dont think they deal with used stuff since its a retail store.

There is another one but its about 45minutes away.

Palmer'sLS
03-07-2006, 11:14 PM
personally i'd get the kawasaki engine, its just a great engine.

i find it hard to believe there is no commercial mower dealer in dallas....is this the case though?

kingofbling
03-08-2006, 12:10 AM
personally i'd get the kawasaki engine, its just a great engine.

i find it hard to believe there is no commercial mower dealer in dallas....is this the case though?

I actually live in a little town out of Dallas, about 25 minutes from the Dallas Border.

kingofbling
03-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Hi again,

I happend to find another dealer today (he just opened a few days ago) so he wasnte searchable as a dealer yet.

Anyways this guy has a Exmark FH430V 15.0hp Kawaski Engine "metro" for $2325.00 plus tax. Its a 48" by the way.

Does the above price sound good ?

Those who use exmark is it a durable brand ?

J&R Landscaping
03-08-2006, 08:37 PM
I would get the 32" toro with the KAWASAKI engine. The engine carries a 2 year warranty across the board...consumer, commercial, rental are all 2 year warranty. The toro mowers have a good deck and the T-bar drive system is easy to operate and very easy on your hands! Toro has a good warranty and dealer support is second to none! If you have any other questions, feel free to P.M. me!

J&R Landscaping
03-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Do you have another exmark dealer in the area? If this dealer is new, he might not be that dependable for service work and repairs! JMO

kingofbling
03-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Do you have another exmark dealer in the area? If this dealer is new, he might not be that dependable for service work and repairs! JMO

From what i understood he purchased a exsiting lawn retail business and combined his old and new business together and gave it a new name. This was the reason for him not being listed as a dealer on any of the websites since they just moved to the new location under a new name a few days ago.

Do you know what kind of warranty the exmark comes with ?

Most of the LCO's around here are using toro from what ive been seeing on there trailers, kinda leaning towards them but cant make up my mind.

Reliable Lawns
03-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Hi again,

I happend to find another dealer today (he just opened a few days ago) so he wasnte searchable as a dealer yet.

Anyways this guy has a Exmark FH430V 15.0hp Kawaski Engine "metro" for $2325.00 plus tax. Its a 48" by the way.

Does the above price sound good ?

Those who use exmark is it a durable brand ?
I have a 36" eXmark Metro, it has been great so far, has the ECS handles, it is belt drive, if you can afford Hydro I would get that, but otherwise mine has been great. 2 year warranty pretty common.

kingofbling
03-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Hey guys thanks for the info, i went ahead and drove out of my way today to another dealer and was wondering have any of you ever dealt with "used" or "refurbished" equipment ?

Dont get me wrong, the prices on these mowers were great but from what i could see the only thing that had been rebuilt was the engines "to look like new plus new parts" but the decks were all damaged with dents plus there was chipped paint everywhere.

The list he gave me was,

Toro 52" Belt Drive w/Velke - 1500.00
Toro 52" Hydro Drive w/Velke -150.00
Toro 32" Floating Deck $2200.00

They only carry a 6/Month warranty through the dealer.