PDA

View Full Version : Quick 36

lafrance4078
03-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Can't wait!!! I ordered a Quick 36 Super Fox yesterday. It should be here tomarrow. I've been looking at them since last season, and have been watching everyones response to them. I feel pretty sure that most of the users of it will enjoy it and that my clients will like the results. yippie!!!!:cool2:

mulcahy mowing
03-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Good luck Great mowers!

lafrance4078
03-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. We have plenty of large mower, 50" walk-behind, 52" SS, 60" ZTR, 48" Walk-behind, Several 21"er's But we needed somthing in the middle to help us handle a large condo complex. 140 indevidual units.

General Landscaping
03-07-2006, 07:34 PM
That Quick 36 will use about as much trailer space as a 21"
It's one tight unit!

ashs inc
03-07-2006, 07:35 PM
hey i was thinking of getting a quick 36 mower too. I would love to hear how they operate and what you think of them when you get yours!!!

Sir mowsalot
03-07-2006, 09:30 PM
hey i was thinking of getting a quick 36 mower too. I would love to hear how they operate and what you think of them when you get yours!!!
I second that.

lafrance4078
03-07-2006, 10:29 PM
I plan on giving, those that want it, a full report. However, that 60" ZTR is new this winter, so I will be spending some time on it first. Others will be using the Quick 36 more than me. I will make sure that I let you guys in on how things are going.

ZaK18
03-07-2006, 10:32 PM
I plan on giving, those that want it, a full report. However, that 60" ZTR is new this winter, so I will be spending some time on it first. Others will be using the Quick 36 more than me. I will make sure that I let you guys in on how things are going.

I look forward to the review.

MMLawn
03-07-2006, 10:42 PM
All you have to do is read the upcoming issue of TURF Magazine because my company tested the Quick 36 Super Duty for the magazine and the article gives our findings and also includes numerous photos of the machine. I can tell you that it is a great mower and well worth price and the companies customer service is second to none!

lafrance4078
03-08-2006, 09:23 PM
WOW!!! Picked it up today. Drove home. Had it out of the box and was mowing in less than five minutes. I love it. Got dark on me though. I'll have to play with it more before I let you guys know what my "final answer" is.

jameson
03-08-2006, 10:11 PM
We got a Q36 SD last year, its a great machine. Compact, light (compared to other 36"ers), true reverse, great quality of cut and easy to maintain. An all-around nice little machine, that works as advertised.

James

ZaK18
03-08-2006, 11:39 PM
I would have already purchased the q36, If it wasnt for the fact, that I had bought 33" billygoat a few years ago...It had the same 3 blade design, Its a bad design, the first two blades cut Ok, but in thick turf the 3rd blade would get bogged down with the grass clipping, from the other 2 blades and would stop spinning or turn at a slower speed... It also left a terrible cut in normal weekly growth...there was no blade overlap and it left stringers :cry: The q36 doesnt look like it has any blade overlap either, so its going to leave stringers....Right???

I know the billygoat was gear drive, but you really had to man-handle it around, and after a few hours I would be flat worn out...with the Q36 being hydro...is it easy turning around?...can you use the power of the mower to make turning effortless...How is the transition between forward and reverse...I hate buying something I havent seen or tested...There is no one in my area who has purchased one...please if someone who has used it for any amount of time let me know

thanks,
Zack

GPDesign1
03-09-2006, 07:12 AM
The similarity between the Quick 36 deck and the other brand mentioned is that they both have three blades. Other than that, it's an entirely different animal. Our blade arcs overlap (front to rear) and we run tight tolerances on our spindle centers allowing the blade tip circles to run very close. High blade rotational speeds (~5100 RPM) and a tunnel deck design also contribute to a good deck for discharge, bagging or mulching. We get a lot of compliments on our quality of cut in a variety of grasses. As long as your blades are sharp, you shouldn't see much of a problem with "stringers".

Another part of the value in the three blade deck is that it makes the overall length of the mower a lot shorter than a conventional two-blade. The decreased length and subsequent reduction in weight (18-20" shorter/~150 pounds lighter) both work to make it very easy to steer and handle. Our Quick 36 owners report very little "Man-handling" required. It's so easy to steer that we have a good number of lady owners.

Zack: we've got bunches of owners in the DFW area. If you wanna talk with one, give me a ring and we'll hook you up. 866-290-7295.

gary

MMLawn
03-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Zak, I can assure you that as Gary said the ONLY thing the BG has in common with the Q36 is that they both have 3 blades, then as he said it completely stops there. Period. Great cut with no stringers.

Having used both machines I can tell you that they are not even in the same ballpark. GO with the Q36, I promise you it will be the most mower for the money you have ever bought and you will be happy with it's performance.

ZaK18
03-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks, I'm going to go ahead and purchase one...I never heard anything bad about the Q36...Nothing but positive feedback...Didnt mean to compare it to the billygoat...It just resembles it in so many ways...I understand I wasnt comparing apples to apples.

Zack

spinrider2000
03-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Some history. Ordered the super duty kawasaki model, it shipped on Thursday, arrived on Rodeway on Monday via Memphis. It was crated well. Took about 30 minutes to connect the bars and battery wires. I adjusted the height using the spacers/rear bolts. This took a couple of minutes but a simple process. Good looking unit...I will test and let you know.