PDA

View Full Version : how much is a resonable gutter clean out

teamrobinson216
03-07-2006, 05:14 PM
I am getting alot of requests for gutters that need to be cleaned out. Anyone have any ideas for as far as a pricing guide to go by?

cwlawley
03-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Going rate in Raleigh is between 40-75. We normally charge $50.00 for two-story, 2000sq ft home.

sheshovel
03-07-2006, 05:49 PM
most here do it for a buck a foot..I did it depending on how long the gutters have been neglected..usualy $200.00 to $250.00 for a normal sized house

ed2hess
03-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Hard to find people to do those in our area. Most of our commericial site have gutters clogged and don't know it. This could be a good nitch business and good profit if you can get the correct equipment. I would guess you price of less than $50 sounds correct but depends on home size and price range.

All_Clear
03-07-2006, 09:29 PM
For the last 2 yrs i've done almost strickly gutters... It's been my part-time business (I'ma stay at home dad)

Avg. price across the nation is about $1 per ft. (gutter guards, price goes up)

Remember they are calling you, so you risk your neck up there instead of theirs... They (most) are willing to pay a premium price!!!

All_Clear

daveintoledo
03-08-2006, 08:42 AM
i charge alot to get up on that lader, buck a foot first story, 2 bucks a foot second story , then i add on a difficulty factor if they are really bad ,they dont want to pay it fine, i dont get up on the ladder.... they always pay it...

All_Clear
03-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Just a few tips I've had good success with... (I've only had 1 person not take my est. out of the last 2yrs)

Don't try selling the homeowner on price. Sell safety, convenience and system maintenance, along with having them clean and working properly. Always look over the gutters while your cleaning, if you don't do repairs, note it so the homeowner can have it fixed. It's a simple little extra that take seconds and a good selling point.

All_Clear