PDA

View Full Version : Where to get tires foam filled?

bwilder10h
03-07-2006, 06:54 PM
The blasted front tires on my Toro w/b have been a constant struggle to keep aired up and I would like to have them filled with foam.

WHat type of business have you found that offers this service or can I do it myself.

I tried fix-a-flat and that worked for a while but not a permanent solution.

jblawns123
03-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Good tire shops, ones that do large truck tires... They have the compound, I believe it is 2 part. Very expensive but so isn't downtime.

jblawns123
03-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Wanted to add, J-Thomas sells complete wheel assemblys all foam filled with bearings and all. For front caster wheels they are like $50 a piece I believe, well worth it.

lawnboy dan
03-07-2006, 07:19 PM
try slime tire sealent

HazellLawnCare
03-07-2006, 08:02 PM
I get my front tires filled at the local tire shop when we buy new mowers. They use a foam and we never mess with them again. It runs about $20 per tire.

specialtylc
03-07-2006, 10:33 PM
The blasted front tires on my Toro w/b have been a constant struggle to keep aired up and I would like to have them filled with foam.

WHat type of business have you found that offers this service or can I do it myself.

I tried fix-a-flat and that worked for a while but not a permanent solution.
Fix A Flat and Slime wont do any good if you are knocking the tire off the bead. Foam fill works great to stop the problem. If you fill a one piece rim with foam it will be a throw away when the tire is worn out.
The tire shops that specialize in offroad equipment is where you will find this service.

davidcalhoun
03-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Check your directory to see if you have a store called "solideal" in your area. Besides tires for skid loaders and such, they also can handle foam filled tires.

mike lane lawn care
03-07-2006, 11:07 PM
try slime tire sealent

this is what I use and it works great for small and slow leaks

Oldtimer
03-08-2006, 08:20 AM
I have tried them all in the past 20 years and Multi-Seal is by far the best product.

Oldtimer

MarcSmith
03-08-2006, 08:25 AM
when I was at the DIE expo I saw that there was a semi neumatic tire which was for sale...Scag offers them....

the tire does not need any air as the sidewall and tread area are stiffer and thicker..nice thing about the thicker tread is that it may last a bit longer than a standard foam filled tire...

TURF DOCTOR
03-08-2006, 11:03 AM
S and S tire here does em they are the only 1 in my area.

bwilder10h
03-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks for all the replies. The sidewalls on my tires are incredibly soft and sometimes just entering a driveway at an angle can cause the tire to break the seal from the rim :hammerhead:

Check your directory to see if you have a store called "solideal" in your area. Besides tires for skid loaders and such, they also can handle foam filled tires.

You da man! There is one within 10 miles of me and they charge $20 a tire....:drinkup:

TURF DOCTOR
03-08-2006, 12:02 PM
I keep my tires a little hard like 12# air to solve the problem you are having,heck man nothing will piss you off more than down time.