PDA

View Full Version : License police

turf hokie
03-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Yup, everyone wants to be the "do ya have a license" police. Yet, I remember a post that asked if anyone would turn in an unlicensed applicator and I believe we had a resounding "I ain't no rat" response. So I guess everyone likes to play "telephone tough guy" at their keyboard.

I can't wait for the snow to finish melting so we can start applying and everyone finds something better to do than ask if a guy is licensed when he asks a question.:hammerhead:

That is my rant for the day.......

somo1
03-07-2006, 08:09 PM
I agree, this is an informational website. If a license was required to chat then you should have to submit a copy in order to do so. I'm sure that there are alot of unlicensed people out there that have forgot more than we'll ever know.

New Green
03-07-2006, 08:37 PM
We are playing by the rules and it is frustrating day after day to see these people getting away with it. Some need to be reminded of the license requirements and some do not know to begin with. As for the way they are being told, that is a different situation. For some reason, I always go against the grain when people talk down to me and treat me poorly. I don't blame people for continuing to apply illegally after being attacked on this site. And yes I am fully licensed and insured.

somo1
03-07-2006, 09:26 PM
We are playing by the rules and it is frustrating day after day to see these people getting away with it. Some need to be reminded of the license requirements and some do not know to begin with. As for the way they are being told, that is a different situation. For some reason, I always go against the grain when people talk down to me and treat me poorly. I don't blame people for continuing to apply illegally after being attacked on this site. And yes I am fully licensed and insured.

I also agree to disagree, my biggest problem is that even if I was to turn someone in for treating without a license. The local AG enforcement won't even do anything about it. I guess it takes to much time or they don't have the manpower to constantly chase them down. Really the suppliers are the ones that should be held accountable, they can stop it where the buck starts. If professionals are required to keep an ud dated license on file in order to buy materials we all wouldn't have this problem. And the dept. of Ag. wouldn't have to work as hard chaseing down violators, they could just visit the suppliers once a month and check they're practices. You can't buy a gun without a license why fert., it seems like to me that people continue to pass on the problems to other people. Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah :hammerhead: anyway thats only my opinion.

turf hokie
03-07-2006, 10:20 PM
I definately understand the disagreeing viewpoint. I had a call from the DEC the other day (a follow up to a previous disagreement we had that they won) and one of the paragraphs that has to be included in the contract wasn't worded quite right and their lawyers were concerned.

I hate that I am licensed, insured, bonded and do everything I possibly can to protect me, my employees, the customer, the environment and somewhere in there my bottom line and I see MORONS w/o a license or anything skating by without any fear that something is going to happen to them.

I am on the radar and easy to find. They are not. But the enforcment vehicles drive around in the times that none of these guys are applying. It is frustrating. Especially, when they can just call me on a whim and say we are coming down on Thursday have your records ready.

I just get tired of the question of being licensed always being asked and then we have the ensuing bantar about who is rude and who is not. Maybe b/c I just assume that the smart guy asking if he can spray in 40 mph winds and 110 degree heat is not in my area so I don't think that someone without a license is going to get some good info and affect me.

BUT then again I usually don't respond to the ignorant questions b/c I don't feel that deserve my time.

Someone (and you can let me know who) has a tag line that says common sense used to be common. Well it ain't anymore. And a lot of these questions could be answered with just a little bit of thought. What did people do before the net?

And that looks like a response that should be in barnes and noble but anyway....

New Green
03-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Maybe we can get a password to get in this forum?? And we can ask the webmaster to have a new area called "Pesticides for Dummies" no password nec. I am sure most of the cutters out there have the book "Grass cutting for Dummies" somewhere in their library. I know these comments are just not nice. But we may be onto something:)

olive123
03-07-2006, 11:10 PM
hey i dont care what kind of convoluted logic you want to use, when someone asks something to the effect of what should i apply, what should i charge, and oh yea how much should i put in the tank, being a professional, I get a little miffed at that. I consider it a reckless practice of getting as much as you can from a customer. And i am getting sick of hearing how everyone has to start somewhere. that is a lame argument.
helping someone out with passing out info on how dimension worked for me or if bifenthrin is better than cygon makes for good help. THAT is what THIS part of the site is for.Sharing info.

New Green
03-07-2006, 11:40 PM
hey i dont care what kind of convoluted logic you want to use, when someone asks something to the effect of what should i apply, what should i charge, and oh yea how much should i put in the tank, being a professional, I get a little miffed at that. I consider it a reckless practice of getting as much as you can from a customer. And i am getting sick of hearing how everyone has to start somewhere. that is a lame argument.
helping someone out with passing out info on how dimension worked for me or if bifenthrin is better than cygon makes for good help. THAT is what THIS part of the site is for.Sharing info.

Olive no offense, what is your point? If a guy is reckless and asks how much to apply, he never read the label.. And if he has a license, he should not have a license. Most of the TGCL guys know what is on the test before they take it. You are right, there are some real lame questions. Helping out these individuals should be a crime. They should first go back and read the Study Manual, then the Core. Then the label. That is going to be a tough one to explain to the inspector " I mixed it according to a post on the internet"

You seem to share a similar frustration, but then point out the site is for sharing info. I think info. needs to be shared with those that have a liscense and are qualified. JMO

palawnman
03-07-2006, 11:43 PM
I was just wondering...I recently just got licensed. Since when you are licensed your vehicle is marked with your #'s, are you more likely to be stopped and checked up on than someone with no #'s or name on their truck? Has anyone on here that is licensed and completely legit ever gotten fined for keeping track of paperwork wrong or having the wrong calibration or anything else to that affect? How can the Dept. of Agr. really catch people that are not licensed? Will they pull over if they see someone that has a truck unmarked with a push spreader on someone's lawn? Or would they be more likely to stop if they saw someone with legit license # on their truck and see if they are doing things right? From what I have read on this site, I just get this feeling that when you get licensed, you kinda put more of a bullseye on yourself. Even though I am now licensed, I know that I still have a lot to learn, and it's a sh$%ty feeling that I think that I am more likely to be checked up on, than someone not even caring about being licensed or insured. Sorry for the long post.

Ron

olive123
03-08-2006, 07:04 AM
when you are licenced it gives a pro appearance. I have only been stopped once. The best way to get illegal ops is an invoice or business card with the service they provide, ie pest or weed control. In florida they are doing a good job.

lawn king
03-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Perhaps sean will add a forum, that you have to submit a copy af your license to gain access to? Pro's only!

MarcSmith
03-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Make sean do more work for an already free site....if you then have a password only area, then thats where eveyone will be...

IMo the best thing to do for those who ask the dumbazz of the year questions is to ignore them. If they are not legal, getting yelled out by a bunch guys on the interent won't make them change their mind to get legal. It will just start a pi ssing match and they never turn out good...

I dmuch rather have someone come on the site, legal or not, and ask a question about applications, rather than just going out and nukeing his clients yard because he did not understand the label.

Nothing wrong with takingthe High Road on occassion and while we are asnweringthe question we could throug in a few jabs about the fact that if you had taken the test and gottten liscened you'd know how to read adn comprehend the label...

garydale
03-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Didn't anyone ever help you learn something?

We all had to start somewhere.

I'm an old f***, and have had my license ever since they started the programs in each state.

I want to help the "newbies" as well as the "hardheads" it's good for the industry.

Put your effort into educating the homeowner and the general public to only use licensed applicators.

My mother always said, treat people the way you want to be treated.

philk17088
03-08-2006, 10:51 AM
I was just wondering...I recently just got licensed. Since when you are licensed your vehicle is marked with your #'s, are you more likely to be stopped and checked up on than someone with no #'s or name on their truck? Has anyone on here that is licensed and completely legit ever gotten fined for keeping track of paperwork wrong or having the wrong calibration or anything else to that affect? How can the Dept. of Agr. really catch people that are not licensed? Will they pull over if they see someone that has a truck unmarked with a push spreader on someone's lawn? Or would they be more likely to stop if they saw someone with legit license # on their truck and see if they are doing things right? From what I have read on this site, I just get this feeling that when you get licensed, you kinda put more of a bullseye on yourself. Even though I am now licensed, I know that I still have a lot to learn, and it's a sh$%ty feeling that I think that I am more likely to be checked up on, than someone not even caring about being licensed or insured. Sorry for the long post.

Ron
Ron,
My experience is that the dept of ag will be more of a buddy than a pain.
I only had one inspector who had a hardnose. He was more concerned about terrorists getting pesticides than whether I applied them right.

The biggest trigger for them is dirty, broke down trucks with spreaders and crap bungeed halfazzed to the truck. Keep your materials stored properly and you won't have much trouble.

NattyLawn
03-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Make sean do more work for an already free site....if you then have a password only area, then thats where eveyone will be...

Well, if people want to have a private area for licensed professionals, why not pay for it? For the extra work on the owner, mods, whomever, pay say 20 bucks a year or something comparable to keep everything up....Don't most of us have Paypal accounts?

indyturf
03-08-2006, 12:29 PM

Ron
from what I have been told the if they see a truck with fertilizer or spray equipment and no markings or looks unfamiliar they follow them to the next stop, watch from a distance then after they have made the app. approach the applicator.in most cases if your licensed the state chemist can be very helpful and guide you in the right direction if there is a problem.

palawnman
03-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Ron,
My experience is that the dept of ag will be more of a buddy than a pain.
I only had one inspector who had a hardnose. He was more concerned about terrorists getting pesticides than whether I applied them right.

The biggest trigger for them is dirty, broke down trucks with spreaders and crap bungeed halfazzed to the truck. Keep your materials stored properly and you won't have much trouble.

Thats good to know, because I am in the process of really trying to learn how to do everything the right way. I think you can only read so much about it without having hands on experience. I know most people say to work for someone else first, but unfortunately I have the other aspects of my business such as mowing and landscaping to do. So learning as I go is my best bet right now. I just thought that with my luck, I am licensed and end up making a little mistake with paperwork or something little and getting fined for it, and someone is out there not caring to do it the right way, and they dont get bothered. Thanks again for the info.

Ron

lawn king
03-08-2006, 07:02 PM

IMo the best thing to do for those who ask the dumbazz of the year questions is to ignore them. If they are not legal, getting yelled out by a bunch guys on the interent won't make them change their mind to get legal. It will just start a pi ssing match and they never turn out good...

I dmuch rather have someone come on the site, legal or not, and ask a question about applications, rather than just going out and nukeing his clients yard because he did not understand the label.

Nothing wrong with takingthe High Road on occassion and while we are asnweringthe question we could throug in a few jabs about the fact that if you had taken the test and gottten liscened you'd know how to read adn comprehend the label...
Mark, you need to relax, i said perhaps, ok dude. man oh man, try some decaf.

MarcSmith
03-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Mark, you need to relax, i said perhaps, ok dude. man oh man, try some decaf.

sorry I don't drink coffee....I know we all want a site that is perfect, but it won't happen. the greatest thing about LS is the amount of members and the diversity of the group. Any time you start trying to limit that diversity and exclude people you take away from the site..

I say, let the people who don't follow the local rules/laws on the site. They will show their ignorance sooner rather than later and then everyone will know. And they'll either learn something or leave.

CutInEdge Lawn Care
03-09-2006, 09:22 AM
sorry I don't drink coffee....I know we all want a site that is perfect, but it won't happen. the greatest thing about LS is the amount of members and the diversity of the group. Any time you start trying to limit that diversity and exclude people you take away from the site..

I say, let the people who don't follow the local rules/laws on the site. They will show their ignorance sooner rather than later and then everyone will know. And they'll either learn something or leave.

Well stated Marc :usflag:

LawnTamer
03-09-2006, 11:06 AM
I think it's important to let other LCO's know they need a license to apply any registered pesticide, not just to protect us & the clients but to protect them. A lot of guys would never guess that you would need a license to apply a product that anyone can buy at Home Depot or Wal-mart. They don't see the potential risk. I get about 1 call every year from a home owner who had their mowing guy mess up an application, temporary burn/stripes from weed & feed, or spot weed treatment in the lawn with Round up. That's a huge liability for the mowing outfit. In my state the Dept of Ag also has two or three inspectors who just drive around all day looking for lawn guys and checking for licenses. If they find weed and feed or any pesticide on a truck without a license, wham they levy a fine. No mercy.
It is really annoying though when supposedly licensed professionals ask over the top stupid questions.

PGA
03-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Do fines vary by the state or are they all basically the same? Ive looked all over the place and cant find out how much the fines are.

Rayholio
03-09-2006, 12:36 PM
If you don't have the time / money to undergo the study, testing, and insurance requirements for your proper licensing, you don't need to be tinkering with it. The fines are steep, and you're not as smart as you think you are... I'm sure that we ALL learned something during the study, and testing.

That said, the testing doesn't prepare you for everything. There are still plenty of questions that require the sharing of experience to answer.

If you don't have a license, ask your questions, but don't be suprized if you're treated differently for not having one. To us, you are different, and you have the potential to give us a bad name, and eventually put US out of business due to legislation.

-Ray

LawnMowerMan3875
03-09-2006, 03:05 PM

I don't want to be a craba## or anything, but olive123, was you born with all this knowledge?? In the era of my life, I have change 3 times with my profession...1: Professional Mechanic...Started when I was a young lad, finally, years later...2: Certified HVAC Tech. and Installer...(Heating Ventilatin and Air Cond. or Control)..That requires a lot of learning and a lot of it you don't get out of books...Hands on and LOTS of HELP...3: You guess it, LawnCare....I'm not a know it all about any of my professions, it was always a learning experience. Just like now. I think we all have a duty to express our experiences, our knowledge, our do's and don'ts in anyway possible for those who are asking...Why, you ask?? To make the business more professional and competitive...I was always taught, The only dumb question is the one that is not asked. Not everyone is as smart as yourself or you may have a better and productive way of doing each task. I had a boss one time that we had an agreement to. We would treat each other like we didn't know sh@t. That way we didn't offend one another. Example: If someone on here knew that I am and I said am a Heating and Cooling Tech and asked me what kind of equipment I would recommend, like everyone else, I would recommend what I am familiar with, experience with the units, reliabilty and such...Now, with that said, I am NOT a know it all and you yourself could be God's right hand man and was born with all the knowledge in the world. Who know's, because I don't....

PGA
03-09-2006, 03:36 PM
If you don't have the time / money to undergo the study, testing, and insurance requirements for your proper licensing, you don't need to be tinkering with it. The fines are steep, and you're not as smart as you think you are... I'm sure that we ALL learned something during the study, and testing.

That said, the testing doesn't prepare you for everything. There are still plenty of questions that require the sharing of experience to answer.

If you don't have a license, ask your questions, but don't be suprized if you're treated differently for not having one. To us, you are different, and you have the potential to give us a bad name, and eventually put US out of business due to legislation.

-Ray

I was surprised when I took the test. It was more of a common sense test to me then an actuall information test. Sort of like a hunters safety test.

Rayholio
03-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Heheh true... but how many people have the common sense required?

besides that, It just shows that you're willing to learn. It's a minimum investment. I did learn a few things while studying for the test.. and we don't need any more know it alls in this profession, who arn't willing to make the 'minimum investment'.

PGA
03-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Heheh true... but how many people have the common sense required?

besides that, It just shows that you're willing to learn. It's a minimum investment. I did learn a few things while studying for the test.. and we don't need any more know it alls in this profession, who arn't willing to make the 'minimum investment'.

Thats true. It only takes a couple weeks to get everything in order...study-test-insurance and pest licsence. If youre to lazy to do that then youre in the wrong field to begin with.

olive123
03-09-2006, 08:11 PM
lawnmowerman...it has nothing to do with it. I think the helping aspect for professionals is fantastic. What do you think of merit vs. cygon do you miss dursban or does talstar do it for you, is dimension good for your crabgrass problems well let me tell you my experiences with barricade............
great stuff...riviting
BUT in the division entitled "pesticide, herbicide, and fertilizer application, when someone doesnt know what the term pre emergent or doesnt understand the
absolute basic premise that "the label is the law" , states they are taking their
pesticide licence test because they can make more money and asks questions that they should know from at least the books they need to study for the test.
Im sorry i am at a loss.
And by the way I am a pest control operator so i learned from schooling and in the field working for a company where I was properly trained. I go for continuing education to learn new techniques from feild studies etc.
THIS is how it should be done not from some guy who wants to make a few more bucks and will learn application procedures from something he read online from someone he doesnt even know.
I think a lot of professional applicators in the lawn care industry would agree
maybe not in writing but i bet they thought it.

grassyfras
03-09-2006, 10:34 PM
It should be like buying beer. You get I.D before you buy or you dont get any product. Problem solved.

LawnMowerMan3875
03-09-2006, 11:25 PM
lawnmowerman...it has nothing to do with it. I think the helping aspect for professionals is fantastic. What do you think of merit vs. cygon do you miss dursban or does talstar do it for you, is dimension good for your crabgrass problems well let me tell you my experiences with barricade............
great stuff...riviting
BUT in the division entitled "pesticide, herbicide, and fertilizer application, when someone doesnt know what the term pre emergent or doesnt understand the
absolute basic premise that "the label is the law" , states they are taking their
pesticide licence test because they can make more money and asks questions that they should know from at least the books they need to study for the test.
Im sorry i am at a loss.
And by the way I am a pest control operator so i learned from schooling and in the field working for a company where I was properly trained. I go for continuing education to learn new techniques from feild studies etc.
THIS is how it should be done not from some guy who wants to make a few more bucks and will learn application procedures from something he read online from someone he doesnt even know.
I think a lot of professional applicators in the lawn care industry would agree
maybe not in writing but i bet they thought it.

Oh, I agree with you on the books. But the books don't teach you everything you need to know, and thats why I said it is always a learning experience. Not only from the books, but HANDS ON. You yourself said you worked for a company and was properly trained. But we all know that each company has their own work ethics. But at the same time, they are all handed the same MSDS in all materials that they handle. So maybe we should quote the information from the MSDS Manuals...That way there is no confusion..And I'm sure the company you worked for had those available for EVERY employee...right?? I'm just saying that we all as professionals need to handle each question with respect for the guy that is trying to learn the right way. As I've read on here...We all had to start somewhere and in my opinion, why not learn from other professionals that do it everyday...Not the white shirt sitting at his desk figuring the numbers...Like you, I do believe in doing it the right way and by the laws and fundamentals required to do such in our profession....We all spend lots of money in ads, licese's, insurance etc...And its not right for the so-called professionals that are out there running under the radar...underbidding us who do it by the books causing Us Professionals to lose good clientel....No, its not fair, But look, WE LIVE IN THE GREAT AMERICAN UNITED STATES....THE AMERICAN DREAM...and everyother race on the planet....lol...I did not mean to offend you in any way, and if I did, I apoligize...I'm Sorry....Like I said in many of my other opinion threads....RESEARCH, RESEARCH AND MORE RESEARCH....

PGA
03-10-2006, 12:03 AM
It should be like buying beer. You get I.D before you buy or you dont get any product. Problem solved.

Its not that easy. Eventually you would find someone to buy it for you. Just like you did in highschool when you wanted beer.

cleancutccl
03-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Doing a flower bed cleanup yesterday and saw the neighborhood lawn man out fertilizing, I'm guessing he was putting down pre m, only using spreaders no spray tanks. It was an older guy with his probably 8 year old kid pushing spreaders around. They got away before I could get a picture of them to email to the ag rep. Its exactly the people like this that are killing the industry.

MarcSmith
03-10-2006, 07:43 AM
In florida, where I got my first certification. You had to have seat time to sit for your exam. Even as a college grad you still needed to show proof of employment and actual chemical application time under someone elses lic.

ArizPestWeed
03-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Doing a flower bed cleanup yesterday and saw the neighborhood lawn man out fertilizing, I'm guessing he was putting down pre m, only using spreaders no spray tanks. It was an older guy with his probably 8 year old kid pushing spreaders around. They got away before I could get a picture of them to email to the ag rep. Its exactly the people like this that are killing the industry.
Geez , what do you mean " Killing the Indrustry"
You gotta be kidding

Rayholio
03-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Chemical Usage is a touchy subject.. we do not need even one person out there giving us a bad name by not following the rules to the letter.

ArizPestWeed
03-11-2006, 01:31 AM
Chemical Usage is a touchy subject.. we do not need even one person out there giving us a bad name by not following the rules to the letter.
It does not give " US" a bad name , it gives "THEM" a bad name .

topsites
03-11-2006, 01:45 AM
Let me ask all you licensed individuals one question...

How did you pass some of the requirements, such as:

Have to have a minimum of one year experience by having worked for a previously licensed company <- That's the one kills me, all the rest of the stuff isn't so bad... Did you just happen to get so lucky that you happened to have this one under your belt? I understand some folks are this lucky, but I am also sure most are not. Or, did you lie... Because honestly, I've been tempted but the problem is then you have to be RE-licensed and RE-take the stupid test like every 2 years to boot.

Meanwhile, I question how some of the actual requirements apply... No doubt you need a license if the chemical you're spreading requires you to wear gloves and a face shield or worse yet, a full body chem suit. But Round-up??? What about bleach, do I need to be licensed to use bleach (such as to kill moss)? Guess if you put fuel in your truck you best be licensed for handling that, fuel is a dangerous chemical... I mean, come on...

Rayholio
03-11-2006, 02:04 AM
Them, and Us are the same in the public eye.. The 'harmfull effects' of lawn chemicals can be used to pass law to ban the use of them. The Law makers, and the voting public don't really care WHO puts down the chemical that caused the 'harmfull effects' such as killing all the fish in a pond.. and the Laws that they pass won't hurt the lame lawn guy nearly as much as they'll hurt us die-hard professionals.

TurfProSTL
03-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Meanwhile, I question how some of the actual requirements apply... No doubt you need a license if the chemical you're spreading requires you to wear gloves and a face shield or worse yet, a full body chem suit. But Round-up??? What about bleach, do I need to be licensed to use bleach (such as to kill moss)? Guess if you put fuel in your truck you best be licensed for handling that, fuel is a dangerous chemical... I mean, come on...Do any of that you want on your own property. Do it for hire and you need to be licensed for public safety sake. (Except maybe if you get a job at a full service gas station.) It's simple, really.

And it is has little to do with your perception of how potent or dangerous a chemical is. A little of this or alot of that can be harmful in some way. Get licensed or let someone who is do the pesticides.....

TurfProSTL
03-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Its humorous to see threads on these forums with members bashing the poor little Mow Joes. Some of these posts seem to be from the same members that think they are above the pesticide laws.....

turf hokie
03-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Wow, I didn't expect this kind of response.

In the real world I wish the DEC or whoever is your managing agency would spend more time focusing on the unlicensed guy as they do worrying about the wording of a licensed guys contract. It really peeves me to think they I am under the microscope when I have college degree and more than enough field experience to do this. They go after me when the guy down the road hires some guys off the street gives them a spreader and 20 bags of whatever to put down and they have to catch them in the act. And that means they have to look for them first.

Like I said before, I just ignore the questions that basic common sense is able to answer. Not worth my time to type an answer, much less try to be the first one to ask if he is licensed.

A perfect story from my Lesco days....
Question : How many ounces of roundup per gallon of water out of a bp sprayer?
Answer : This time of year go with the middle labeled rate of 3 oz per gallon.
Question : Well I have a 4 gallon bp so what does that mean to me?
Answer : Are you kidding me?

It is scary out there and they come after us, the license guy because a t was not crossed on the contract.

TurfProSTL
03-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Wow, I didn't expect this kind of response.

In the real world I wish the DEC or whoever is your managing agency would spend more time focusing on the unlicensed guy as they do worrying about the wording of a licensed guys contract. It really peeves me to think they I am under the microscope when I have college degree and more than enough field experience to do this. They go after me when the guy down the road hires some guys off the street gives them a spreader and 20 bags of whatever to put down and they have to catch them in the act. And that means they have to look for them first.

Like I said before, I just ignore the questions that basic common sense is able to answer. Not worth my time to type an answer, much less try to be the first one to ask if he is licensed.

A perfect story from my Lesco days....
Question : How many ounces of roundup per gallon of water out of a bp sprayer?
Answer : This time of year go with the middle labeled rate of 3 oz per gallon.
Question : Well I have a 4 gallon bp so what does that mean to me?
Answer : Are you kidding me?

It is scary out there and they come after us, the license guy because a t was not crossed on the contract.
Agree 100%

The problem in some states is DofA or whoever is supposed to do the policing is under-staffed. Inspectors become little more than traffic cops, only with license inspection quotas rather than speeding ticket quotas. They're cruising the industrial parks, checking the licensed guys out, instead of out in the residential neighborhoods trying to nab the real violators. Its a numbers game just like anything else.

I used to get inspected all the time when I was with a company in a very convenient, high visibilty location (3 x one year). I know other local companies that haven't been inspected in 15 or more years.....

I've never turned in an unlicensed individual or company in my 27 years. I haven't seen anyone applying in a blatantly illegal manner or I probably would.

I ran lawn care for a short time for a guy who also sold and serviced equipment. LCOs would come to have their mower or something fixed and if the boss saw a bag of weed'n'feed or whatever in the truck, he would get in their face about being licensed. Don't know if he reported violators, but I'm sure he ran off some equipment business.....

Anyway, I like these forums for exchange of information. I've learned a bit and am more than willing to share what I know. Like some other members, however, I refuse to answer questions for the the transparently ignorant, lazy, and illegal posters that seem to start threads on a daily basis.