PDA

View Full Version : Billy Goat 33" Mower - Any good?

Budget Lawn Care
03-07-2006, 07:30 PM
I have been in the residential lawn care business for about 5-6 years now and am quoting on more midsize lawns (1 - 2.5 acres). The dealer who I have worked with for several years, and who has never led me astray is telling me to go with a 33" Billy Goat walk behind mower. I have never heard of Billy Goat before and have a few questions for other professionals:
1) Are they durable and reliable? Do they last a long time under a commercial workload?
2) How are they for fuel consumption?
3) What is the quality of cut like?
4) How are they in thick or wet grass with and without the mulch kit?
Can't think of anything else right now but I'd really like to hear from someone who has used one of these over a long period of time and who knows this machine inside and out.

Thanks in advance.

nobagger
03-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Got me man, I've seen one in our Exmark dealer now for over 3 years:laugh: :laugh: (the same one):laugh: :laugh: Your gonna want something bigger if your doing 1-2.5 acre properties. I would try and fing a decent 2 or 3 year old hydro w/b with a 48 or 52" deck. Just my .03 cents.:waving:

TURF DOCTOR
03-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Billy goat is high end commercial,what we didn't like about the 33 inch mower is pull starting,gear driven,fixed deck, we went with a simplicity mower hydro electric start,deck adjustment that was easy.

ZaK18
03-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Ive owned one...It was the worst mower I have ever had the displeasure of owning...Everything about it sucked...Cut quality, ease of use, fuel consumption were all terrible...that B&S engine LOVES gas...I sold it in perfect condition after 6 months for $500, I was lucky to get that for the POS...I paid close to $1800...
Save yourself alot of headaches and look at a true commercial mower

Zack