PDA

View Full Version : 1 man crew?

emil35
03-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Anyone here use a 1 man crew? Meaning one employee that you keep very busy all week long? I've had crews up to five men, and have found that 3 men would pretty good together, but since I'm downsizing for college and I'm probably doing to have too much work for me to handle, I thought maybe an employee would help...just always have something for him to do. I'd rather manage it and have the money come to me than work by butt off and be in school full time. I don't want to run myself down. What do you all think? Thanks

SouthernYankee
03-07-2006, 08:20 PM
In Houston, 3 man crews are the standard and they really can move. I personally believe that less is more, but I think that if you can get a 3 man crew going and they know what they are doing your good to go.

emil35
03-27-2006, 11:50 PM
Anyone here do 1 man crews successfully? If so, how much can one bring in a day? Thanks

topsites
03-28-2006, 01:05 AM
Anyone here do 1 man crews successfully? If so, how much can one bring in a day? Thanks

If you keep him busy, I dare say as much as the owner would bring in. So 300-400 / day but you will need:
- some decent-running (and correctly setup) equipment.
- a large customer base.
- an experienced employee with no less than 2 thousand yards cut (as a guide).

rfed32
03-28-2006, 09:39 AM
i run bymyself...gettin ready to get a peice of equpt. thats being serviced ...need it to do a job...sub to be done 1st thing monday mornin but its 930 on tues. still not done....anywho i run it just fine...go to school full time year round....cut 50 lawns...15,10,14,10,1...with fridays only cut one lawn and do odd jobs...school in the summer for me is 4days a week..1hr classes done by 4...i will be done college in half the time...any who u can make decent money dont have to worry about anyone messing up or payin someone else, have them usin ur equipt. wrong but i mean i am happy with how i run everything and i make desent money...dont owe a dime on any of my stuff so u make it work...u dont have to over do urself too just work at a good pase and do what u can do...if u have to work till 8 u work till 8...my friends dont call me till 930 b.c they know im workin sometimes i think i am beatin myself up with it all other times im happy with what i am doing....there are going to be those days that ur just real tired and others u can go for 10more hours...

emil35
03-28-2006, 10:33 PM
What college do you go to? How much do you estimate you make a year? Thanks

rfed32
03-29-2006, 10:30 AM
after i pay for gas im looking at around 30,000 just in lawn cuttin...then another 5-10k in odd jobs then i do snowplowing whihc only brings a grand in...right now i go to a local community college...i started back in the fall will be done with two years of schoolin in aug. so i will then transfer to....villanova, tempele or penn...where are u going?? i pay myself 400-500bucks an hour a week which isnt bad i mean right now i dont need more than that to live off of...i dont pay rent at my gerage b.c i cut the grass and i plow the driveway...thats also not included in the 50 lawns so i guess 52 b.c my grandmothers too but so i iguess the company is making around 20,000...not bad i can work with it...i dont buy new equipt. to often i like what i have and i keep up on it so as long as u take care of what you have i beleive everything will go ok