PDA

View Full Version : 3 times in 5 days...

PGA
03-07-2006, 08:53 PM
I get a flyer left on my door. Apparently these are blind LCO's because they cant see an F-250 with my name on it sitting in my driveway when they walk up to the door!

How can someone be paying that little attention that they would waste their flyer putting it on my door.

One of them was mowing any lawn for $22.00. I might take him up on the offer. Im tired of cutting my grass.

1MajorTom
03-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Might not be the owner passing out the flyers. Ex: let's say it was a couple of high school kids flyering the neighbrhood. No way they would be paying any attention to who they are passing them to.
Definitely goes to show though that I bet everyone is kicking their advertising into full speed ahead now.

newz7151
03-07-2006, 10:02 PM
I get a flyer left on my door. Apparently these are blind LCO's because they cant see an F-250 with my name on it sitting in my driveway when they walk up to the door!

How can someone be paying that little attention that they would waste their flyer putting it on my door.

One of them was mowing any lawn for $22.00. I might take him up on the offer. Im tired of cutting my grass.

Yup, that's it.. "How do you know when you've reached the pinnacle in your lawnmowing business?"

answer..

"You can afford to have somebody else cut your home lawn."

Plow_Boy84
03-07-2006, 10:19 PM
maybe they are just up for some friendly competition:cool2:

Randy Scott
03-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Maybe they are being *****.

Plow_Boy84
03-07-2006, 10:50 PM
thats the great thing about the free enterprise system. land of opportunity. they are probably wasting their time and money, but no harm done. right? In all honesty it gives the guy who got the flyers a "heads up" as to whats going on in his area. :usflag:

Howard Roark
03-07-2006, 10:55 PM
If you hire a distribution service, depending on the workers they use (often hobo's from under the bridge, although some are fast!) they barely look up when passing them out, so I'd try not to take it personally.

Or are you just upset that they tagged your area first?

leeslawncare
03-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Hey guys ...., I had a lady stop me an i gave her a price a couple years ago to mow her lawn ...Found out her husband has one of the bigest L/Cs in the town at that time . She said she was tired of him telling her "he was gonna do it " go figure !! Not s*^$ LOL

Roger
03-08-2006, 07:27 AM
Just fishing, perhaps ...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=136536

MOW ED
03-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Its not a waste of a flyer. It got your attention didn't it?

Now call them up and use them as subs on rotten properties that you don't want to do. You charge 40 a cut sub to them for 22 and profit 18 bucks for sending an invoice every month.

PGA
03-08-2006, 10:40 AM
If you hire a distribution service, depending on the workers they use (often hobo's from under the bridge, although some are fast!) they barely look up when passing them out, so I'd try not to take it personally.

Or are you just upset that they tagged your area first?

Im not taking it personally. I dont care. It has nothing to do with advertising.

I just find it funny that my truck is sitting there and they still put it on the door. Even a kid would know better.

No reason to try and spin what I wrote or read anything else into it.

Sheeesshhh

DUSTYCEDAR
03-08-2006, 10:45 AM
look i was told to not come back to the shop till i handed out all the flyer's :dizzy:

bull454
03-08-2006, 10:58 AM
I had the same thing happen only I was moving into the house and had my enclosed trailer that is lettered in the drive way on the truck that is lettered. I bought the house from a client I had for a long time. This client has about eight other properties I do. He was moving in to his moms house who just moved into a smaller house since her husband passed. He offered me a great deal and I couldn't pass it up. As I am sitting on the front entry this guy comes up and tells me he has been cutting the grass here for years and charges 24 bucks. This is 4 acres and I was cutting it for 75 a pop. Only doing it for that because the guy gave me so many properties and cut him breaks. He has never missed a payment and actually says to me. " I never want to owe you money I want you to owe me work." So when I showed him all my stuff and explained to him that this is my house and I bout from a client that I have had for about 8 years he aboutsh*t his pants and walked off. Never seen him in the nieghborhood after that.

Howard Roark
03-09-2006, 01:07 AM
Im not taking it personally. I dont care. It has nothing to do with advertising.

I just find it funny that my truck is sitting there and they still put it on the door. Even a kid would know better.

No reason to try and spin what I wrote or read anything else into it.

Sheeesshhh

You were the one who took the time to post about it on the internet, so it must have bothered you...not spinning a thing champ. :dizzy:

Brendan Smith
03-09-2006, 09:28 AM

do you think they's come to my house for the same price? i'm sick of cutting mine too :clapping:

PGA
03-09-2006, 09:29 AM
You were the one who took the time to post about it on the internet, so it must have bothered you...not spinning a thing champ. :dizzy:

*YAWN*

So now people only post things on here that bother them?

I couldnt of found it funny? Amusing? Comical?

You caught me. :rolleyes:

JB1
03-09-2006, 09:31 AM
Maybe they looked at your lawn and thought you needed a service. :waving:

PGA
03-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Maybe they looked at your lawn and thought you needed a service. :waving:

Thats a good possibility! I hate coming home and spending the time to do to my yard what I do all week.

Ive been known to let it lapse once in a while :dizzy: