PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Jack or Ballard Super Jack or Mini Jack

Eclipse
03-07-2006, 11:47 PM
I am considering investing in either a Jungle Jims Jungle Jack or a Ballard Super Jack or Mini Jack.

Has anyone use any of these and has comments as to which one is best?

The Jungle Jack is less than 1/2 the price of the Super Jack so is certainly an advantage. The Super Jack is also bigger and looks like it may be in the way a little bit when scraping the junk off the bottom of the deck. The Mini Jack is less expensive but doesn't quite lift as high. Also the Mini Jack looks like it would be in the way when trying to scrape the deck.

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to spend my money on one of these. Your comments are much appreciated.

Thanks.

PLS-Tx
03-08-2006, 12:24 AM
We ordered the Jungle Jack yesterday, we looked at the Super Jack also. I wasn't sure which one would be best, but seen on here where alot of guys like the Jungle Jack.

I think the Mini Jack is for walk behinds, we only have ZTR'S.

We found a site that had the Jungle Jake for $125 with free shipping, I can get the link for you if you want it.

burns60
03-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Jungle Jack is all that they advertise it to be. Have not used the others, but can highly reccomend the Jungle Jack.

It is quick, sturdy, well made and doesn't take up a lot of floor space when not in use or on a trailer or truck.

PLS-Tx
03-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Commercial Direct.net

I think thats it, I don't know how to do the cut and paste thing.

Runner
03-08-2006, 01:28 AM
The Junglejack is simply awesome. For those that have one and use one, I'm sure you will ALSO agree with me on this.....With the make of the Ballard, having two arms, the unit would just be so much in the way. With the Junglejack, it is propped off to the side,...and yet it is extremely stable, anyway.

Eclipse
03-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Commercial Direct.net

That is a pretty good price IMO.

lpwhandyman
03-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Commercial Direct.net

Here, I copied and pasted this for you. If I had to think of all of that and type it, It would take me forever. Once you learn copy/paste, you'll never go back.

How To Guides
Print Article Email Article
The Basics of Cut and Paste
By Sandy Berger

Remember your first pair of scissors? Little tiny ones for little tiny fingers and rounded points for safety sake. Learning to cut along the edge was an early lesson in kindergarten. After cutting, next you paste your picture or shape on another page. The computer world uses a very similar technique to move information from one location to another. Once you have learned to cut and paste, your computing days will be very productive.

What?
Okay, in computerize, what is Cut and Paste? Cut and Paste and its good buddy Copy and Paste are computer functions that allow you to move or copy text, images, and even Web information from one location to another location. The Cut function removes the information from its original location, and Paste puts it someplace else. Using the Copy/Paste functions, you can copy information to a new location without removing it from the original location.

How?
Let's start with moving some text. Using your mouse, place the cursor at the beginning of the text you want to move so that you can highlight the text. Click and hold down the left mouse button and drag the cursor to the end of the text that you want to move. This will highlight (darken) the text. You now have several ways to cut the selection:

Click on the Cut icon (the scissors) on the toolbar, or
Select Cut from the Edit Menu at the top of the screen, or
Press and hold down the Ctrl key and press the X key at the same time, or
Press the Delete key.
The text will disappear.

After you have cut the text, place your cursor at the location where you want the text to be displayed. Again, there are several choices to "paste" the text:

Click on the Paste icon (the clipboard on the toolbar), or
Select Paste from the Edit Menu at the top of the screen, or
Press and hold down the Ctrl key while pressing the V key at the same time.
Any of these three choices will "paste" the selection in the new location.

If you want to copy some text and place it in another location, select the text as mentioned above. To copy:

Click on the Copy icon (the two pieces of paper on the toolbar), or
Select Copy from the Edit Menu at the top of the page, or
Press and hold down the Ctrl key while pressing the C key at the same time.
To Paste a copy of the text into a new location, follow the Paste directions above.

Behind the Scenes
When you use the Cut or Copy functions, the information is stored in the computer's memory in an area called the Clipboard. Although you cannot see the information, it remains in the computer Clipboard until you use the Copy or Cut command again, at which time the information that was previously in the Clipboard is overwritten with the latest information that you just copied. Newer Microsoft Office Products, like Microsoft Word, allow you to keep more than one item in the Clipboard at one time.

Grayed Out
If you are ready to Cut or Copy and you find that you cannot click on the cut or copy icon, it means that you do not have anything highlighted. When nothing is highlighted, the Scissors (Cut) icon and the Paper (Copy) icon will be light gray in color, which indicates they are currently unavailable. Run your mouse across some text to highlight it, and you will see both icons brighten and become active.

Select All
Have you found an entire document or maybe Web page that you would like to copy or move? Click your mouse anywhere in the document or Web page, then go to the Edit menu and choose Select All.

Select All is a very helpful feature that can save you much time and energy. When using Select All, the computer will do the highlighting work for you and highlight the entire document or Web page. This saves you from having to run your cursor over the entire page to highlight it. You can then follow the usual steps to copy and paste the complete selection in another document. Guess what? If you are on the Internet, you can copy the complete page - text, hot links, and images as well.

Working with Images
Did you say images? Can you really Copy and Paste images and pictures? The answer is emphatically YES. It is possible to Cut/Copy/Paste images. When working in a word processing document or another similar application program, you can simply click on an image to choose it and then copy or paste it, just as you would text. When you are on the Internet, it is even easier. You can simply right-click on any image and select Copy from the pop-up menu. Or you can right-click the image and select Save Picture As.

A quick tip: If you use the Save Picture As option, be sure you name the graphic and be careful to place it in a folder that you can easily locate in the future. If you have a My Pictures folder, that is a good spot.

Very Valuable Skill
Even though its name may have brought back memories of a kindergarten assignment, Cut/Copy/Paste is a very valuable computer skill. I'm sure you will agree with me that mastering this basic skill of copying and moving text and graphics will make your computing days very productive.

Lux Lawn
03-08-2006, 11:35 AM
Commercial Direct.net

Thanks for the link thats what I'm looking for.

The Captain
03-08-2006, 12:11 PM
I went with the Super Jack. More money I know. I thought it looked more stable. The two support arms do not get in the way of deck cleaning. Lifting the mower is very easy.

I've purchased several items from Jungle Jim and know they have quality equipment and am not putting the Jungle Jack down. As was said, the Mini Jack is made for walkbehinds.

The Captain

Eclipse
03-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks for clearing up the Mini-Jack was for WB's. I did not catch it at first.

Is there a place to buy a Super Jack for less than $300. At the cost of $125 for the Jungle Jack, IMO it is hard to justify the extra cost of the Super Jack.

Eclipse
03-08-2006, 12:30 PM
I went with the Super Jack. More money I know. I thought it looked more stable. The two support arms do not get in the way of deck cleaning. Lifting the mower is very easy.

Thanks for the info on the Super Jack. I agree with two arms supporting the deck it seems that it would be more stable. On the other hand nobody seems to complain about the Jungle Jack being unstable.

JustUsDe
03-08-2006, 04:50 PM
We have 2 jungle jacks and love them. We have no problems with them being unstable. We ordered them from our mower dealer last year. When they came in they put one together and tried it. Their service guys liked them so much they ordered a few for their service department.

Ray

John Gamba
03-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Jungle Jack is all that they advertise it to be. Have not used the others, but can highly reccomend the Jungle Jack.

It is quick, sturdy, well made and doesn't take up a lot of floor space when not in use or on a trailer or truck.

I agree:clapping: :clapping: And you can order the JUNGLE HUT to hold it on the trailer

lazer 46
03-08-2006, 05:55 PM
You guys have got my interest in this Jungle Jack. I currently drive the lazer up on one car ramp to change blades. This is ok except I cna't get high enough to use the air gun. So I do it manually. Will this jungle jack get the lazer high enough to use the air gun?

John Gamba
03-08-2006, 06:58 PM
You guys have got my interest in this Jungle Jack. I currently drive the lazer up on one car ramp to change blades. This is ok except I cna't get high enough to use the air gun. So I do it manually. Will this jungle jack get the lazer high enough to use the air gun?

Yes!! But be on even ground:weightlifter:

burns60
03-09-2006, 12:13 AM
Well, it depends on the length of your air gun or impact wrench. I use a Sears electric and it is about 3 inches too long. You can easily remedy this by backing up your trailer ramp about a foot. Then put your Jungle Jack under the deck and when you raise it you have ample clearance for most any tool.

Don't use those car ramps unless you can chock them really good some way. They can and will shoot out from under the mower while trying to back up (or even going forward for that matter) with some damaging force. Besides that, the trailer ramp is already down so just put it to use.

Eclipse
03-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Does anyone who uses a Jungle Jack also use a cordless 18v DeWalt impact to change blades? Does it get the deck far enough off the ground to use it? Thanks.

Soupy
03-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Do they work on decks that have blow out baffles on the front?

I use a old Napa fleet jack (sorta like one in picture) which allows me to jack the front of the mowers by the caster arms. It works great, but I thought of purchasing the jungle jack for portability issues. But I don't see how it will grab onto the blowout baffles.

PLS-Tx
03-09-2006, 08:01 PM
https://www.commercialdirect.net/productlisting/product.cfm?productid=30

Jungle Jim's Jungle Jack *FREE SHIPPING

Price: $125.83

Hey, how's that for a first time copy and paster :)

Actually, I have done copy and paste on programs, but not from one website to another.

Thanks for the help. :waving:

scarr133
03-09-2006, 11:36 PM
I use the jungle jack for my two wb's and my 60" Z. I have had no issues with it whatsoever. It lifts the 60 up with little effort.

lazer 46
03-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Well, after reading this thread and doing a search I just ordered the jungle jack from Commercialdirect.net. After years of using jack stands,ramps and my back I am hoping this thing will make things easier for blade changing and deck scraping. This dispells the old theory that you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

PLS-Tx
03-10-2006, 11:47 AM
Does anyone who uses a Jungle Jack also use a cordless 18v DeWalt impact to change blades? Does it get the deck far enough off the ground to use it? Thanks.

Are you using a breaker bar, or are you able to break the blades loose with the cordless?

topsites
03-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Are you using a breaker bar, or are you able to break the blades loose with the cordless?

I'm sorry but to me the jungle jack is a waste: You still have to get either the mower to the jack or the jack to the mower.
I don't pull my mower off the trailer to do maintenance, so I fail to see how the jungle jack saves your back if you have to first lower the gate and pull the mower off the trailer... Then, reload it.

Eclipse
03-10-2006, 12:40 PM
You still have to get either the mower to the jack or the jack to the mower. I don't pull my mower off the trailer to do maintenance, so I fail to see how the jungle jack saves your back if you have to first lower the gate and pull the mower off the trailer... Then, reload it.

My 22ft trailer is full so doing maintenance on the trailer is not an option.

Eclipse
03-10-2006, 12:41 PM

The cordless breaks them loose

scarr133
03-10-2006, 01:00 PM
who said you had to pull the mowers off the trailer to use the jungle jack? If you have the room, roll the jungle jack over to the trailer (or carry it cause it isn't that heavy) and use the jack on the trailer.

doctordun
04-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Do either of these jacks work with a small lawn tractor?
I have a Kubota GR2100.