PDA

View Full Version : Started building my new dump deck

Gravel Rat
03-08-2006, 12:54 AM
Man I'am tired its been awhile since I have done steel fab. I have no pictures I left the camera at home. The camera has a small memory card it only holds 8 pictures I found that out earlier this week.

I'am trying to keep this deck light but I have a feeling its going to weigh minimum 1500lbs before I add the hoist and hydraulics.

Its suppose to be wet and miserable tommorow (wed) the shop I'am working doesn't have lights but it has natural day light but too dark for a camera.

Its alot of measuring then double checking more measuring then cutting then more head scratching. I was getting fussy about getting things perfectly square then I resorted to getting as close as 1/8 th of a inch. Dad kept saying to me your not building the Taj Mahall.

The only thing I'am really fighting is the welding rod its a brand I dislike the store didn't have the brand I like and other other brand that I use will cost me 15 dollars in fuel and hour and half drive.

No mig welders for me I have been burning stick since I was 14 when I started working in our shop.

I will see if I can get some pictures later this week if the weather improves.