PDA

View Full Version : Curious as too..

bsmithalc
03-08-2006, 09:44 AM
what delivery trucks you guys and gals use? I'm looking into a International 10 yard dump truck and was wondering what some others used.Also thinking about a dual axle, gooseneck dump trailor also for smaller stuff.

bsmithalc
03-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Hello....crickets! ;)

Imulchmore
03-09-2006, 01:05 PM
I use a International Dump if you pack it it hard enough you can get 12 yards on it without much fuss. I also use a f-350 with a e-dumper and on the really busy weekends in april and may I hire out a 10 wheeler and anothe r f-450 stake body. It works out pretty well

Imulchmore
03-09-2006, 01:06 PM
I use a International Dump if you pack it it hard enough you can get 12 yards on it without much fuss. I also use a f-350 with a e-dumper and on the really busy weekends in april and may I hire out a 10 wheeler and anothe r f-450 stake body. It works out pretty well

bsmithalc
03-09-2006, 02:05 PM
thanks for the response!

J&R Landscaping
03-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Do you have your CDL? If you don't have your CDL but you have a good budget, I would invest in an International or Freightliner. You can get a good truck for a decent price!
If you have your CDL, Get a heavier spec truck but I would go with a Kenworth. Get CAT power and a great truck! JMO

Grn Mtn
04-04-2006, 12:13 PM
The company I use to get mulch delivered uses the roll-off container (switch-and-go), its great because he can deliver 15 yards at a time. Just right for my size projects. This allows me to get almost the job done, and then if I need a tad more I just put it in my trailer. This saves the customer money because they only have to pay one delivery fee, and I don't make the mistake of ordering too much. I believe the truck is an international. He also uses it with a flat bed to deliver a rental SkidSteer and to operate a container service.

SLSNursery
04-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Here is a note about a few delivery trucks we run set up as follows:

Mitsubishi FE Cabover with 10'6 dump body - high sides - can do 3-4 yards of soil or stone, and up to 9 or 10 yds of mulch.

Triaxle Dump - for heavy loads, obviously.

(Here is a recommendation) International 4900 Conventional Roll off - with an air tag axle set behind the drive axle. For this vehicle we have dumpsters for materials delivery, a flatbed for pallet loads or equipment, and a flatbed/piggyback for self unloading - ALL on one truck. The tag axle set up helps hold the weight, but can be lifted to negotiate tight turns. I even have some boxes set up to be dual pick between this truck and our hooklift Isuzu.

Isuzu NQR - with Stellar Hooklift. For small cans (8-12 yards) and equipment moves. This truck is super for getting in and out of tight places. Plus, it is just a little heavier (17,000 GVW) for increased payload.