PDA

View Full Version : Concrete paver installation training?

Pro Lawn LLC
03-08-2006, 10:03 AM
We have decided to launch a new division within our company specializing in paver installation (patios, decks and driveways). As with everything else we do we want to do things right and we always seek out the best training available. We are tentatively planning on attending a 2-day training and certification class hosted by ICPI. I would appreciate any feedback concerning the training and certification offered by the different organizations out there. Is there a best or better? Is there any one certification that is more widely/higher regarded? As with all areas of our industry you do not have to look very far to find someone who is doing it wrong, we strive to do it right. Unfortunately doing it wrong usually is the result of shortcuts or improper materials that many times result in cheaper prices, but great reputations are built by doing it right the first time - all the time. Again I would greatly appreciate any feedback from those of you who have experience in this area. Thanks!

amvega
03-08-2006, 07:30 PM
ICPI is the way to go. They will give you the fundamental but the rest comes from hands on. Start with little jobs to it by the book and work your way up. Everything I learned at the training help alot. Don't take as a joke. Also it is a good selling point to separate you from guys that may not be ICPI.