PDA

View Full Version : walker mower's

Mowerboy04
03-08-2006, 10:34 AM
hey guys i'm looking into geting a walker either the Mc model or the MT20. what do you guys think of these mowers are they as good as people say? And what are some of the pros and cons of this mower. i am looking at getting the dozer blade also with this mower and i'm looking into the 42" grass handeling deck and the 56" side discharge deck. thanks for all your input
alex
ps. don't mind my bad spelling

PGA
03-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Im sure Ill get blasted by some for this but Ill say it anyway.

Walker Mowers will give you the best cut you have ever seen bar none.

But IMO they arent as sturdy or durable as a ZTR made by ExMark, Scag, Encore...etc..etc.

daveintoledo
03-08-2006, 01:07 PM
but i dont like the extra track left on the turf form the wheel....:hammerhead:

Ron's Lawncare
03-08-2006, 01:08 PM
spend the extra money and get the mt tractor it's much easier to do maint.on plus the higher hp motors won't hurt either.

Ron

Fantasy Lawns
03-08-2006, 01:35 PM
The Walker mower is just like any tool .... given the correct conditions you'll be very happy .... if yards are smaller to mid (under 20k) .....you need bagging .... have gates to get thru .... yards with lots of obstacles n bed areas .....yes a very nice mower

Do you self a favor ....n I understand the cost of the mower ....but don't get ANYTHING under 25hp

I know fore a fact ( I have 5 Walkers) the guys fight over the EFI n 25 while the 20hps sit at the shop as back ups

Mowerboy04
03-08-2006, 01:48 PM
The Walker mower is just like any tool .... given the correct conditions you'll be very happy .... if yards are smaller to mid (under 20k) .....you need bagging .... have gates to get thru .... yards with lots of obstacles n bed areas .....yes a very nice mower

Do you self a favor ....n I understand the cost of the mower ....but don't get ANYTHING under 25hp

I know fore a fact ( I have 5 Walkers) the guys fight over the EFI n 25 while the 20hps sit at the shop as back ups

are the 20hp's really that under powered? what size decks do you run?

Fantasy Lawns
03-08-2006, 02:50 PM
I would not say underpowered ...but the extra is better when it's wet, tall n such

I run 42" mulch decks cutting thick tall St. Aug ...not a soft plush turf like most Northern ..... we run in hot wet conditions .... sandy base soils ..... a very harsh enviroment .... we cut 42 out of 52 weeks .... turf is coarse n spungy so the mower tends to bogg down sometimes .... in a turf with soft thin grass blades n harder clay base this may not be an issue

I use to bag with a 20hp ...not real issues ...but when the hopper gets full ... I'd have like to have the extra HP to move me to the dump area

You'll be OK with a 20hp but I'd almost bet on a bible that if or when you buy another you'll get the extra HP

walker-talker
03-08-2006, 03:10 PM
I normally use my Walker in the summer with a 52" SD deck (26hp efi). I have one customer that I bag the front. It's a very small front, maybe 2K sq ft. I put an accelerator cather on the discharge deck. Last fall I was doing cleanup and needed to cut his one last time. Since I had the GHS deck on at the time, I bagged his front and back. You can't believe the difference in appearance. I would like to catch all my lawns, but right now I'm just not setup to do this efficiently. I want two things before I start catching lawns. A truck with at least a 12 ft dump bed and Walker's high lift catch system. I have a recycling center close by and they are affordable, so that's not a big concern.

turf dog
03-08-2006, 03:39 PM
I have the walker with a 18hp kohler and 42"ghs and love it. I was a little worried at first about the 18hp, but it has been plenty for the 42"ghs.