PDA

View Full Version : Calibration

spcfoor
03-08-2006, 12:31 PM
I was wondering how you all calibrate your spray rig if you have chemicals in it?
I calibrated it before but I think something is out of whack. I would like to calibrate it again but have 80 gallons of mix in it. Any help would be appreciated.

indyturf
03-08-2006, 04:02 PM
spray into a bucket the amount you want to spray per 1000 sq ft.and time how long it takes to spray the amount. then measure off 1000 square ft. spray it and time yourself. make adjustments in walking speed, spray pressure or nozzle size until you get the two to match

Xterminator
03-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Your time per 1000 should not of changed spray in the bucket and mix accordingly

olive123
03-08-2006, 05:44 PM
i like to calibrate my equiptment and my walking speed a few times every coupe of months so i am positive of the output and mix rates

turfsurfer
03-08-2006, 10:20 PM
Spcfoor, I understand you don't want to just spray a mixed up batch in a bucket like you would water. Depending on what kind of mix you have, maybe you could find a yard that might need the treatment and is preferably small (parents, relative, good friend, your own?) and measure the front and back exactly. Spray the back, make adjustments, spray the front and by that time you should be pretty close to dialed in. My yard is ALWAYS the 1st one I treat every round.

spcfoor
03-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks I appreciate the replies. I have mixed some atrazine and barricade. I am going to spray my yard again and go from there.