PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna ZTR - Should I buy?

greenscapeman
03-08-2006, 01:31 PM
First, let me say that I love this site. It has a wealth of info for green horns like myself.

I am considering jumping into this business. I have a lead on a used ZTR, and was wondering what the consensus was on the possible deal. Its an 03 Husqvarna CZ4817 Consumer Z. Its not a commercial machine. Kohler Command, 311 hours. Great running little mower as far as I can tell. The guy's best price is $1,000. Is it worth?

daveintoledo
03-08-2006, 01:46 PM
if you search here, for husk... the opinion i got wasnt good..

and if its not a commercial machine, id look elsewhere..... 1000 can get you a nice used walkbehind....

maybe someone how has usd wone will chime in...i havent , just read a few comments here....

good luck:)

dlgunn
03-11-2006, 12:12 AM
I have a 61" Husqvarna ztr and hate it.

Envy Lawn Service
03-31-2006, 12:12 AM
Crappy equipment... crappier company...

PS> us guys need to start a club!

Dunn's
03-31-2006, 12:31 AM
They have the one of the worst customer service departments I have dealt with. Ill never buy a chain saw at Lowes again Home depot and still all the way even though I have a lowes card

Envy Lawn Service
03-31-2006, 12:42 AM
They have the one of the worst customer service departments I have dealt with. Ill never buy a chain saw at Lowes again Home depot and still all the way even though I have a lowes card

Yup, and the sad part is that my message is getting across about the mowing equipment... but these guys just can't seem to believe me about the 2 cycle stuff going downhill and also being handled by the same non-existant customer support.

Boy I never thought I'd see the day I'd cuss one of there saws.
But I have one now that is also a POS.

Stihl makes the only good saw I would own now.

7 IRON
03-31-2006, 09:51 PM
I guess buying at a dealer not a box store might get you better results as for as product support.We Sell A Ton Of Husqvarna saws and seem to have many
happy and loyal Husqvarna customers.Of course,Husky does have their entry
level(lower quality) models.Go with XP series and you will have better results:)

Envy Lawn Service
03-31-2006, 11:57 PM
Well, as stated, Dunn's came from Lowes... but mine came from a local dealer.
But where it came from doesn't change the fact it's a lousy saw.

Fact is, in hindsight, I would have been better off to have just went to Lowes/Home Depot/Sears and picked out something similar from their lineup. At least with them I could have easily just returned it when I realized I had made a mistake.

There was a time when I had enough faith in Husqvarna saws to carry them along side my Stihls. In fact, for a time they became my favorite mid-range saw (little lighter and higher reving than a similar Stihl).

But I have finally swallowed the fact that Electrolux is dragging down their quality just like every other company Electrolux has purchased.

gcbama
04-01-2006, 12:04 AM
I just bought a 61" XP and love it. I also have a 36" WB and it is also great. My dealer is fantastic.Husky has been very good to me so far.