PDA

View Full Version : What would you pay!!!!!!!

juststarting023
03-08-2006, 12:57 PM
I was thinking about buying a zero turn rider this season but I saw the prices and for a part timer thought it was to much for me to invest right now.I currently have a 3025 cub tractor 54" tractor,sold my other one.So my cub dealer turned me on to another guy who was selling his M 60 Cub its a 2000 model has 965 hrs(???) a 27 hp Kohler also has the light kit and has been repainted. Seems to be very clean and runs pretty good has a little play in steering and a little wine from the hydro in it.This guy is a full time mowing contractor and I was a bit skeptical about the 965 hrs in five years I do more than that and I am part time.To me if you were not going to use it why invest in it? So do you guys think I should sell my other tractor and buy this zero turn he wants $3500 I offered him $3000 but he stood firm and said its a very good deal at $3500 I figured the engine is only good for about 2000 to 2500 hrs What do you guys think? I thank you guys for your time.

Marc

Richard Martin
03-08-2006, 02:59 PM
I think that's a little high for a mower that's seen 6 seasons of cutting grass. You can't really go by the hour meter since they're so easy to disable or replace. I would find a really good mower mechanic to go over before I even gave him 3 grand for it.

USNOWME
03-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Don't know too much about the cubs. I bought a used exmark with 750 hrs on it 2yrs ago for $4200, It has been good. I did put two head gaskets in it, but it runs awesome. I would suggest looking on e-bay. They have some pretty good deals. Either way, have a qualified mechanic look at it.

POPO4995
03-08-2006, 10:47 PM
I dont really know too much about the Cub Tanks but from what ive seen, they look pretty solid. And you cant beat a Kohler engine. Like said above, you might wanna check on Ebay and see if you can find what those are going for and do a comparison.:)