PDA

View Full Version : Business Msrp

Wayne Landscaping
03-08-2006, 02:03 PM
I have a Scag Tiger Cub with 160 hours, a maxwell trailer 6*12', and 160 - $25 accounts or $120K income yearly. Now how much do you think all of this will sell for, i am going off to college and would like to know. oh, i also have a couple stihl 4mix trimmers and a suetch 33". Thanks a lot

Jpocket
03-08-2006, 03:12 PM
I have a Scag Tiger Cub with 160 hours, a maxwell trailer 6*12', and 160 - $25 accounts or $120K income yearly. Now how much do you think all of this will sell for, i am going off to college and would like to know. oh, i also have a couple stihl 4mix trimmers and a suetch 33". Thanks a lot

Damn your walking away from $120k a year and going to college...GOD BLESS YOU. I hope you going to Med. school getting a doctorate, and all the other B.S. cuz your gonna need it to make over $120,000 a year again. A bachelors degree would put you at poverty level compared to the $100 or so K you are acustomed to.

TWUllc
03-08-2006, 03:59 PM
For 17, I must say $120K while in highschool is pretty good! You did quite well. :rolleyes:

MMLawn
03-08-2006, 04:01 PM

DOUBLE BS!! A 17 yer' old making $120K a year while still in HS cutting grass.....:laugh: come on now! A 160 accounts? NOT POSSIBLE and here's why. You are 17 years old and in high school. Bassed on the numbers you gave that amount is a 30 week short season that probably runs April through October (7 months) based on the $120K. You are in school from lets say 8AM to at least 2PM Mon-Friday for 4.5 of that 7 month season. Now, if you really did have 160 weekly accts (and they would have to be weekly's at $25 a pop you stated to equal your alleged $120K) then you would HAVE to cut 27 yards a DAY 6 DAYS a week, OR 23 at SEVEN (7) Days a week just to get them done. Not possible given your position.

But, to answer your question. The acounts are worth Zero because they are not under legal contract due to your age. So unless somebody just "gives" you some boot for them because they want to the only worth is in your equipment.

TWUllc
03-08-2006, 04:48 PM
DOUBLE BS!! A 17 yer' old making $120K a year while still in HS cutting grass.....:laugh: come on now! A 160 accounts? NOT POSSIBLE and here's why. You are 17 years old and in high school. Bassed on the numbers you gave that amount is a 30 week short season that probably runs April through October (7 months) based on the $120K. You are in school from lets say 8AM to at least 2PM Mon-Friday for 4.5 of that 7 month season. Now, if you really did have 160 weekly accts (and they would have to be weekly's at $25 a pop you stated to equal your alleged $120K) then you would HAVE to cut 27 yards a DAY 6 DAYS a week, OR 23 at SEVEN (7) Days a week just to get them done. Not possible given your position.

But, to answer your question. The acounts are worth Zero because they are not under legal contract due to your age. So unless somebody just "gives" you some boot for them because they want to the only worth is in your equipment.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Evan528
03-08-2006, 05:20 PM
Im am not exactly sure what makes you think that being under 18 makes your business worthless.... but thats another issue.

Contracts did mean something to me before I was 18 and they obviously did to the several judges I stood in front of while suing non payers. I have had a 100% sucess rate in taing people to court and winning. I also had a business license, insurance and paid taxed well before the age of 18. Age dosnt mean as much as you would like to beleave!

Jpocket
03-08-2006, 06:11 PM

He may of had a DAD or employees.

Jpocket
03-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Im am not exactly sure what makes you think that being under 18 makes your business worthless.... but thats another issue.

Contracts did mean something to me before I was 18 and they obviously did to the several judges I stood in front of while suing non payers. I have had a 100% sucess rate in taing people to court and winning. I also had a business license, insurance and paid taxed well before the age of 18. Age dosnt mean as much as you would like to beleave!

I wouldnt try to argue with these guys it's not worth it...plus in more ways than not they are right, eventhough many of us had fairly succesful operations before graduating H.S.

grassyfras
03-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Jpocket you make some bold statements. Maybe your just jealous I don't know.

MMLawn
03-08-2006, 06:33 PM
He may of had a DAD or employees.

Yeah J-P I thought of that....BUT he doesn't have enough equipment to keep more than one person busy really.

I am NOT bashing this guy because he is 17. I am calling him on an outragous post given the facts HE GAVE. You know yourself that a HS guy is NOT making any $120K a year cutting grass...period. NOT all, but even "most" part-time LCOs will never see the $120K a year range and it takes most sucessful, fulltime LCO 's in the range of 3-4 years of busting their butt to get to the $100K+ net income range and even then some fulltimers will never see that mark. All I am saying is I seriously doubt that a high school kid is seeing it.

As to contracts and being under 18. Then there was either a stupid customer or a stupid judge because the law in EVERY SINGLE state in the US state's that a contract signed/executed by ANYONE under 18 years old is not valid. I even posted every states law/statue on that on here a year or so ago.

You see me, MAC and the other "older guys" always get yelled saying we are bashing "kids". But we aren't bashing them for being "kids". Hell, we like to see young men work instead of lying around playing video games! What we DO yell about is outragous post like this one that makes all "real" hard working young guys look bad.....that's all.

rodfather
03-08-2006, 06:35 PM

hmmm...so the Scag got used on average of 1 hour/customer last year...for an entire year? Right, sure :laugh:

MMLawn
03-08-2006, 06:40 PM
hmmm...so the Scag got used on average of 1 hour/customer last year...for an entire year? Right, sure :laugh:

SEE guys. Something else that makes this story a "story" and I even missed that one! Bu Rod didn't and he isn't bashing the dude for being 17 either.....he is only pointing out like I did why this story just isn't even close to being true is all.

IF I was one of you younger guys, instead of ripping us older, gramps, I'd being banging this kid for making the other truthful hardworking young men like J-P look bad on here.

rodfather
03-08-2006, 06:46 PM
I have seen this ploy before.

160 customers here and there over the last 3 years...not 160 full time customers week after week over the last 3 years. Big difference to say the least. Ya gotta read the fine print IMO.

DLCS
03-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Now where is that B.S. flag when you need it.

I guess he thought we were all a bunch of ignorant lawn jockeys.:laugh:

rodfather
03-08-2006, 06:57 PM
Now where is that B.S. flag when you need it.

I guess he thought we were all a bunch of ignorant lawn jockeys.:laugh:

I've read worse here in the last 5 years Mike...believe me :laugh:

Wayne Landscaping
03-08-2006, 06:59 PM

This is what i love about guys like u. U see, i probably should inform u that i do have 160 customers. How do i do them, well its called a partner and working 24/7. See what your so ignorant about is you have your head up your ass to much to see the competition blow by you. I mow 24/7, and when im not mowing, im in the shop sharpening my blades, changing my oil, etc. If your asking how i got the customers, well u see, my dad is a millionaire who has countless contacts. All my customers pay cash, and i am very rich. I have 120K already invested in bonds. The reason im leaving is because my dad is making me get my law degree and if hes pay for it, then why not?? All i havta say is that i would watch what u say and do because u will get shown up, and it may be by a guy whos only had his license for 24 months. Dont ever question me or call me a liar, or say i cant do it, cause i have poved people wrong and will prove u wrong.

DLCS
03-08-2006, 07:02 PM
This is what i love about guys like u. U see, i probably should inform u that i do have 160 customers. How do i do them, well its called a partner and working 24/7. See what your so ignorant about is you have your head up your ass to much to see the competition blow by you. I mow 24/7, and when im not mowing, im in the shop sharpening my blades, changing my oil, etc. If your asking how i got the customers, well u see, my dad is a millionaire who has countless contacts. All my customers pay cash, and i am very rich. I have 120K already invested in bonds. The reason im leaving is because my dad is making me get my law degree and if hes pay for it, then why not?? All i havta say is that i would watch what u say and do because u will get shown up, and it may be by a guy whos only had his license for 24 months. Dont ever question me or call me a liar, or say i cant do it, cause i have poved people wrong and will prove u wrong.

One question, if you mow 24/7, when do you sleep? :laugh: :laugh:

rodfather
03-08-2006, 07:03 PM
All my customers pay cash, and i am very rich.

Don't ya just love it? :laugh: Glad ya want to be an attorney...you will need that type of advice soon I think.

DLCS
03-08-2006, 07:04 PM

Ok, keep spewing more B.S. , I got my waders on now.:laugh:

rodfather
03-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Ok, keep spewing more B.S. , I got my waders on now.:laugh:

Waders hell...I am searching for higher ground. Like the top of some Sequoia tree in California.

MMLawn
03-08-2006, 07:12 PM

REALLY?? Then how come you post this just two weeks ago......

How long does it usually take for calls to come in after advertising. Ive only passed out about 200 out of my 10K and only one call from a returning customer. My friend says that i shouldnt worry about it cause most of his customers didnt call until they needed it and it was already long and growing. I need about 160 - $25 customers to reach my goal of paying off my Scag Tiger CUb and buying a F-150 cash. So i am just asking about when other customers call for u guys and if i should worry or not, i dont expect a doze calls from only 200 doorhangers, but i just dont want to pass out 10K and have nobody calling

So, if you are "rich" why are you worried about "paying off your FINANCED mower" and and if you are "cutting a 160 accts a week and doing it "24/7" how come your mower only has 160 total hours on it? I mean at 24/7 that is only SIX DAYS worth of "24/7" mowing :laugh:

Hey J-Pocket I'd have a talk with this young man cause the more he post the worst he makes it for all the other teenagers on here. Now maybe you straight up hard working teens can see why us older guys are so skeptial of many of the other teenagers on here......and it isn't because of their age!

rodfather
03-08-2006, 07:17 PM
hey Matlock...I mean Mike...thanks:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

MMLawn
03-08-2006, 07:23 PM
SO WAYNE.....

what you are really asking is how much the equipment your "rich, millionare" daddy got financed for you and now cannot afford because you didn't get the 160 accts you thought 200 door hangers would get you is worth? I mean that's the REAL point of the post right? Put your equipment on the For Sale Forum and some "real, successful" LCO with give you a good price I'm sure.

CutRight
03-08-2006, 07:37 PM
hahahha this is an awesome thread. too bad anything i want to say will get me kicked out.

work_it
03-08-2006, 07:47 PM
It's my turn to kick back and watch the fireworks. All I have to say is dreaming isn't a bad thing...until you confuse it with reality and share it with the world.

Splicer
03-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Mr. Lawyer wanna be...explain how in hell you get away mowing the grass in Wheaton IL at 3 AM without being arrested? Your Daddy aint THAT rich to buy off every citizen with-in earshot. I lived in Wheaton before. I know the area. You can't BS a BS'r shumuc.

I will say you are ripe for being a lawyer (the lying) but not a very good lawyer (your lying sucks). I'm not a pro (yet) but even I know when a punk kid goes online and tries to BS the entire community with their fantasy.

Oh yeah 'kid', you just 'think' you are "very rich". It's 2006. 120g's doesnt go very far these days. Next time you want to BS people, think the story ALL the way through.

Lazer_Z
03-08-2006, 08:06 PM
OK, Who do I have to contact to get back the time I just wasted reading this thread?? I honestly thought it was going to be serious but this is F'N nutz :dizzy: :hammerhead:

Rob

nmez21
03-08-2006, 09:05 PM
One hour later the "time-stealer" strikes again. :p

Jpocket
03-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Jpocket you make some bold statements. Maybe your just jealous I don't know.

Whats that supposed to mean????? I didn't sayanything offensive. All I stated was the facts I know to be true???

And I have NOTHING, and I mean Nothing to be jealous of on here, this site is made up of a bunch of parttime guys with A truck and A mower, with only a handful of people in this business to make a living.