PDA

View Full Version : new walker 26 efi

franniedog
03-08-2006, 03:27 PM
AFTER 8 SEASONS WITH MY 20 HORSE WALKER I have upgraded to the 26 efi with the power dump so I can back up to my loader on the dump and go truck and easily unload clippings.I also upgraded to 9.5 catcher.I am looking for any input as to whether going from 20 to the 26 efi has helped with clogging when you encounter the early season wet tall thick spring growth.I also upgraded to the suspension seat from the regular seat.Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

John Gamba
03-08-2006, 03:30 PM
AFTER 8 SEASONS WITH MY 20 HORSE WALKER I have upgraded to the 26 efi with the power dump so I can back up to my loader on the dump and go truck and easily unload clippings.I also upgraded to 9.5 catcher.I am looking for any input as to whether going from 20 to the 26 efi has helped with clogging when you encounter the early season wet tall thick spring growth.I also upgraded to the suspension seat from the regular seat.Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

If its a 2006 it should have the bigger blower???this will help with the clogging not the engine.

John Gamba
03-08-2006, 04:46 PM
If its a 2006 it should have the bigger blower???this will help with the clogging not the engine.

I do stand corrected. If the blower slows down from thick grass it will clog BUT a small blower will clog no matter what the engine size.

MOW ED
03-08-2006, 06:44 PM
Lots of the clogging issues are caused by the screen in the hopper being clogged. That screen is to let the air pass thru to exhaust when vacuuming. Walker has developed a screen with a larger mesh to try and eliminate some of the clogging issues. The larger blower will help but remember that you will be spewing even more debris to the hopper now. Clean the screen every time you dump if not more frequently.
Mowing wet lawn is possible with the Walker but as any bagging machine, you must slow down and make sure everything is working at 100%. Good luck with your new walker, I love my 26.

lawnrangeralaska
03-08-2006, 07:57 PM
I love my 26hp efi's. Buy the larger whole screen and keep the deck clean between lawns and remember to go slower and you shouldn't clog that much. Hopefully your grass doesn't grow as fast as mine, from being day light 24hours a day.

John Gamba
03-08-2006, 08:10 PM
I love my 26hp efi's. Buy the larger whole screen and keep the deck clean between lawns and remember to go slower and you shouldn't clog that much. ,.

I want one now :waving:

kory landscaping
03-08-2006, 08:59 PM
My dealer in ohio, told me that walker upgraded to a 10.5 blower on it's 2006 walker mowers 26hp and up. It's will help pickup cuttings much better now. I'm getting my 20 hp walker with ez-dump system on Friday. I'll have 2 walkers 20 hp. On wet lawns you have to go slower, so it won't clog up.
But i've heard from other companies that use exmark and encore's riders and they clog up too. When it's wet it's harder.
Such is life
Kory landscaping

edward hedrick
03-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Frannie: I like the large screen for grass and the small and Meg-mos for leaves

Ed

lawnrangeralaska
03-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Maybe you should check out the new 31hp efi and liquid cooled machine with the bigger blower and larger hole screen. Then you can tell us how great that machine is.

Mr.Mow-It-All
03-09-2006, 09:20 AM

Hey franniedog,

How are things with the dump and go. Kind of curios to see how much more you like it after using it for a while. (can't realy remember when you got it. But I do remember a lot of different opinions (and maybee just plain ole jelosy)but you looked like you had a great set up and just wondering how you sitll like it.?

By the way I don't have a comparrison, my 26efi is the only walker I have ever owned. Bought in dec of 03. It does clog sometimes as well, so it is not just the horsepower being the issue, the larger blower surely would help some.

franniedog
03-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Its been a season and a half since I got the dump and go and I would not trade it for any other truck out there.For me it works just as I would have expected.I hope my new 26 efi is just as nice.And Mr.Gamba if you really want to do lunch just let me know!!!!

John Gamba
03-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Mr.Gamba if you really want to do lunch just let me know!!!![/QUOTE]

Its john:hammerhead: I'll let you know i got a couple of things in the works. What kinda food do you like??

franniedog
03-09-2006, 10:08 AM
John,I am pretty boring.Just ask my wife.She has to cook pretyy much the same things all the time.I like mainly American food,And I really enjoy seafood.And tho you will find this hard to believe in this day ana age I don't drink at all.I know it is a bit curious but it is true.By the way are you out of Waterbury?

John Gamba
03-09-2006, 10:37 AM
John,I am pretty boring.Just ask my wife.She has to cook pretyy much the same things all the time.I like mainly American food,And I really enjoy seafood.And tho you will find this hard to believe in this day ana age I don't drink at all.I know it is a bit curious but it is true.By the way are you out of Waterbury?

No need for booze with great sea food:) I do know a couple of very good sea food restaurants but in the Waterbury area i'm kinda new.

If hartford or hartford area is good with you? there area a couple of good places.

I'm just north of hartford.

I'll get back to you the middle of April.
John

Oh think about going to Florida for a weekend !! You will love the sea food in Ft Lauderdale:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Right on the beach:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: