PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Lazer???

NEPSJay
03-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Just wondering if anyone on here is running a XP diesel and what your thoughts are on them. I'm gonna be buying something real soon and never really seen an XP at any dealers around here. I'm not intrested in any XP gassers, only the Diesel. My decision is between the lazer z 27/60 or the xp/60. If anyone has recieved a recent price quote on either of the 2, please chime in. Pics also appreciated. Thank You!

EXspyguy
03-08-2006, 05:11 PM
The XP is gone, the new diesel is on the XS chasis. It is a 25hp. kubota. The price actually came down from the XP. price should be around 12k.

NEPSJay
03-08-2006, 05:13 PM
thats what i meant, XS.......sorry. 12k msrp? or 12k out the door?

EXspyguy
03-08-2006, 05:22 PM
Depends on your dealer. MSRP is around 12.700.

NEPSJay
03-08-2006, 09:50 PM
ok thanks..................................anyone else?

jtkplc
03-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Well, the 2 things most important on a lawn mower is the engine and the cut quality. Exmark has a proven quality of cut and Kubota is tops or the top, depending on who you talk to, diesel engine. Sounds like a good thing to me...:dancing:

PLM-1
03-08-2006, 10:52 PM
The Kubota 25hp diesel that they put on that mower is the same engine that is in the 322/722 Grasshopper only 3hp more and 60 lb.ft. LESS torque. Exmark quality...i dunno. My opinion of Exmarks are "built to get by" and not over-built at all. Expecially when it comes to the pumps and wheel motors. Take their new frontrunner for example, anybody really looked at the specs on one of those!? gezzzzz pathetic

mslawn
03-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Diesel!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I can tell you a diesel is not what its cracked up to be on a mower, I have a 27/60xp diesel and it is WEAK! Try the XS with the 31 briggs on it, you will love it.

mslawn
03-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Exmark quality...i dunno. My opinion of Exmarks are "built to get by" and not over-built at all. Expecially when it comes to the pumps and wheel motors. Take their new frontrunner for example, anybody really looked at the specs on one of those!? gezzzzz pathetic

You must be kidding! Exmark is a quality product. I guess you do not realize the same pumps and wheel motors are on alot of brands. What about the specs on the frontrunner - enlighten us on this.

jtkplc
03-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Diesel!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I can tell you a diesel is not what its cracked up to be on a mower, I have a 27/60xp diesel and it is WEAK! Try the XS with the 31 briggs on it, you will love it.

I've read in the past about timing problems with the 27HP Daihatsu, I bet that was what your problem was. Very few guys on here say diesel is weak. I find that hard to believe, and yes I've used a diesel mower in the past.

NEPSJay
03-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Ive read alot lately that the diesel is weak and Ive read that its a powerhouse. I heard its not as responsive as the gassers. I'm only concidering the diesel because I have access to very cheap fuel for it. Thanks.

mslawn
03-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I've read in the past about timing problems with the 27HP Daihatsu, I bet that was what your problem was. Very few guys on here say diesel is weak. I find that hard to believe, and yes I've used a diesel mower in the past.
I still have the mower. I have even used the 28 grasshopper, they discharge fine, but put a mulch kit on it and the gas will excel every time. If you want longivity it may be best to buy a diesel. But a deisel is not a powerhouse like evryone makes out.

mslawn
03-08-2006, 11:12 PM
Ive read alot lately that the diesel is weak and Ive read that its a powerhouse. I heard its not as responsive as the gassers. I'm only concidering the diesel because I have access to very cheap fuel for it. Thanks.

The unleaded will be just as cheap, keep up with your gallons and take your fuel tax credit at the end of the year.

PLM-1
03-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Just look at the wheel motors and pumps: Dual Hydro-Gear 12cc or 16cc pumps w/integral fans power Hydro-Gear Planetary Reduction motors. Those things will burn up quick at quick speeds! The frame is very weak looking, especially around the tail wheel. What is the deal with the "flip up deck"? Hydrolic "flip" but not lift, and then you have to pull a couple of pins to get it all the way up. Just doesn't make sense. Compare it to a REAL front mount a Grasshopper. a REAL frame and REAL 31cc wheel motors. I've just never been a Exmark fan. Reminds me of a Mercedes or something...everyone thinks they're the $hit, but quality??? :dizzy:

NEPSJay
03-08-2006, 11:22 PM
The unleaded will be just as cheap, keep up with your gallons and take your fuel tax credit at the end of the year.

no it wont.... i'm a partner in a home heating oil biz, I can get it for less than 2 bucks a gallon.

green acres lawns
03-08-2006, 11:35 PM
I demoed the 27hp Exmark xp diesel when they first came out and yes with a 72" deck it didn't perform like the 31 hp gas engine. The 31hp turbo diesel in my 72" Sabretooth has all the power I have ever needed and burns about 8/10 gallons per hour cutting fescue/johnson grass and weeds on commercial properties.

mslawn
03-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Just look at the wheel motors and pumps: Dual Hydro-Gear 12cc or 16cc pumps w/integral fans power Hydro-Gear Planetary Reduction motors. Those things will burn up quick at quick speeds! The frame is very weak looking, especially around the tail wheel. What is the deal with the "flip up deck"? Hydrolic "flip" but not lift, and then you have to pull a couple of pins to get it all the way up. Just doesn't make sense. Compare it to a REAL front mount a Grasshopper. a REAL frame and REAL 31cc wheel motors. I've just never been a Exmark fan. Reminds me of a Mercedes or something...everyone thinks they're the $hit, but quality??? :dizzy:

The wheel motors and pumps are fine, show me factual data saying they are going to burn up. As far as quality, take a look at the deck on the grasshopper and then take a look at the deck on the exmark. As far as the frame, I am sure the ENGINEER who designed the frame took into consideration all the stresses and abuse that it would be subject and designed accordingly. Grasshopper is a good machine, but I am sure the frontrunner will put a dent in some of their sales.

NEPSJay
03-08-2006, 11:48 PM
this thread wasnt meant to be a grasshopper vs. exmark thread. And anything front mount is out of the question. I simply wanted to know diesel vs. gas and by the looks of things gas seems to be the more popular of the 2. thanks for all replies.