PDA

View Full Version : wow im tired

bigkyle
03-08-2006, 06:42 PM
just got back from handing out fliers for 3 hours of non stop walking.I got to give my first estimate though which was kinda cool since it was my first. he said he would call me.prob means he didnt like the estimate.

cgrappler135
03-08-2006, 06:46 PM
just keep on keppin on and they'll come in!! good luck

kosty
03-08-2006, 06:48 PM
just got back from handing out fliers for 3 hours of non stop walking.I got to give my first estimate though which was kinda cool since it was my first. he said he would call me.prob means he didnt like the estimate.

where are u mowing in rochester. Im just starting out too

mcmillanlawncare
03-08-2006, 06:56 PM
dude im from rochester ny too.....

bigkyle
03-08-2006, 10:11 PM
im all over rochester.good to see u guys here in rochester.i havent seen anyone on here fom rochester until now

nephilim0167
03-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Uh ohhhh. Competition!!! If you're tired from walking for 3 hours doing fliers, imagine doing it for 8-10 hours with a mower ;)

bigkyle
03-08-2006, 10:58 PM
yea but i wont be wearing boots for that time(don't have a clue y i was wearing them but hey).and i think mowing is actually easier than passing out the fliers

kosty
03-09-2006, 12:08 AM
im all over rochester.good to see u guys here in rochester.i havent seen anyone on here fom rochester until now

heres some advice stay in one area. I made that mistake with plowing and i wont do it again just stay on one side of the city. Im staying in brighton/Southeast City close to brighton/pittsford/perinton/fairport and some in henrietta only three areas.

bigkyle
03-09-2006, 12:44 PM
heres some advice stay in one area. I made that mistake with plowing and i wont do it again just stay on one side of the city. Im staying in brighton/Southeast City close to brighton/pittsford/perinton/fairport and some in henrietta only three areas.

yea good for u man that is the side where the money is but im closer to greece,hilton,spencerport and what not

ICE
03-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Good luck up there fellas! You should do well in that area.

That is it! I have thrown in the towel, and I am done and out of this business and selling off the whole unit.
I have a 2003 Exmark 48" Hydro Turftracer HP TTHP with electric start 17 HP Kawi engine, low hours, velke and like new Aluminum Accelerator grass catcher for $4300 The model # is TT4817KAEC

The trailer is a 2002 5x10 open heavy duty utility single axle trailer made by Mid-Atlantic. No electric brakes. The GVWR is listed at 2990lbs and the GAWR is listed at 3500lbs. It pulls nicely and has no problem tracking either. You can hardly tell that it is even behind you when pulling. $850

My trimmer is a Redmax solid shaft trimmer Model # BCZ2400S. I bought this brand new in 2005 for $325. I bought this model because I have heard/read that this model does not viberate as much as a cable trimmer. I love it, it works just like it is supposed to and if I were to get back in this business, I would be picking up another one of these trimmers. $250

My handheld blower is a little older, bought secondhand, but still starts right up and blows pretty hard. It is a sthil afterall. $75

If anyone needs any pictures, please let me know. I would sell the whole unit as a whole for $5000, and deliver it too for a little more. If you live anywhere between NY and NC, we may be able to work something out.

I think that is a pretty fair deal. Everything is in good working order, I stand behind it. I would continue doing this business if I were able to pick up more customers, but 5 just is not going to cut it.

You can see pictures if you click the link below and see the post.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=134860

Thanks for looking!
Tim

kosty
03-09-2006, 02:58 PM
advertise more, yard signs work good too just get them of ebay thier cheap and crappy but if someone steals them or the blow away oh well it was only 4.50 not 15-30 that the graphic shops want. I got about 10 contracts or so off my yard signs, with the crappy winter we had. Ppl see them when they drive to work,home,store and they just write down the phone number instead of looking in a phone book. news paper ads are pretty good too and flyers should work also make sure u get ur name and phone number on your truck and get a sign on the back of the trailer on the gate.

bigkyle
03-10-2006, 12:13 AM
where would u put the yard signs

EliteImpressions
03-10-2006, 03:09 AM
I dont know about anyone else, but I would rather pay postage than walk around handing out doorhangers. If you pass out 100 in an hour that would only be about $20 in postage, and my time is definately worth more than $20 an hour so I consider this cheap. Also, I hear people saying they will spend a few hundred on a scooter to speed things up, to me this makes no sense.

I dont know if anyone really thought of it this way and some may argue, but just my point of view.

Thanks
Joe

kosty
03-10-2006, 12:01 PM
where would u put the yard signs

U can put them on crners of streets, telephone poles at the corner, infornt of ppl house u mow, under the mailbox on the post.

chriscraft
03-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Ive never handed out flyers personally i dont like getting things stuck in my door and its a 10,000 dollar fine to put in a mail box. somehting unprofessional about it to me. i use the yellow pages, local newspapers and send letters to households with 2 page letter, info, a little bit about our company, and a buisiness card. last mailing was 14,2 cents each plus printing. we recieved 200-400 calls a week on last mailing. dollar for dollar the most professional way and the fastest way to get the jobs. just make sure you have 2 phones

dsmrolla06
03-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Where are you putting the fliers at? If your putting them in paperboxes your probly wasting yoru time going on foot. Chris, is the 14.2 cents for postage? Because that seems awfully low... For 2 page letter you would have .02 for paper and then ink or toner costs, cost of a business card which is anywhere from .12-20, and then postage which would be what .40? I dont think direct mailings are worth doing over doorhangers, other than in no solicitation areas. I can get my doorhangers out at .095 cents each including the 7/hr labor figuring 100 hangers an hour, almost a 1/3 cost for direct mailing.