PDA

View Full Version : Dont know what to do

TJBlandscaping
03-08-2006, 08:33 PM
I work for a landscaper full time and trying to get one started on my own but its not working out to well. Its fine in the summer when I am slow at my full time job but in the spring and fall its crazy I just donít know if I should quit my full time job or what? just wondering what everyone thinks.

B&D Lawn Care
03-08-2006, 08:34 PM
If you have any doubts then don't take a risk. This something that you have to have your heart and your head in.

hotpan
03-08-2006, 08:36 PM
EAT, BREATHE, LIVE GRASSSSS!!!!! LOL that's what i keep telling myself, although my gf hates it....but she supports me!

JB1
03-08-2006, 08:40 PM
try flippin a coin.

TJBlandscaping
03-08-2006, 08:46 PM
My girlfriend hates it too but more so in the winter but i got bills to pay and grass to cut so theres nothing i can do about it.

I do EAT, BREATHE, LIVE GRASS and then in the winter I PRAY FOR SNOW

J&R Landscaping
03-08-2006, 09:30 PM
I wouldn't quit your full time job and go out on your own unless you have a good solid footing. I would wait at least 3-5 years before making a move that big. Plus, by working for a landscaper, you are learning tricks of the trade and such that will help you both now and later on.
What do you mean by not working out well? How many accounts do you have and what services are you selling?

TJBlandscaping
03-09-2006, 06:27 PM
I mostly do maintenance, mulch jobs, and little installs. I had 20 accounts last year and so far i only have 5 that resigned. I do most of my cutting on the weekends and some people donít like that so that is why I am thinking they are not resigning. I mean I have all the equipment to go but i donít know about clients.