PDA

View Full Version : gator magnums v.s high lifts

fa fa flo hite
03-08-2006, 08:59 PM
do you have less clumps with gators or high lifts regular.i recently read somewhere that this guy thought that the high lifts reg,left very few clumps since they throw out the clippings out farther than the mulchers.i think since the mulchers cut the blades finer the are better.what are your exp.

PLM-1
03-09-2006, 12:12 AM
I use gator mags. and also have high lifts along with notched high lifts. I strongly dislike standard high lifts. They are like a cross between notched highs and gators. They clump and don't discharge as far. I probably like the notched high lifts the best. You just have to try them all. Your deck will changed everything too. What works for one deck won't for another.

rodfather
03-09-2006, 07:54 AM
To answer your question, it depends upon the amount of moisture on the grass.

If the grass is wet, you will get more clumping due to the fact the gator blades chew the clippings up more making the clippings ball up and clump. Plus the fact gators don't throw the clippings as far as high lifts. IMO, gators work best under dry conditions and high lifts under conditions of average or above average moisture.

alwaysgreener
03-09-2006, 09:13 AM
We use the Mamba Mulching blades on all mowers. The guys say they are better that the Gator blades.. But then again they like anything they can get there hands on and spend my money..:)