PDA

View Full Version : Collection system for Exmark Lazer

Hiway
03-08-2006, 11:09 PM
I am looking for a collection system for my lazer z and am wondering if I should go with the Exmark unit that dumps from the seat. Is there any other oprions by sides from Exmark that some one could recomend or is this my best bet. It seems to me that the Exmark unit is kind of small. Thanks

burns60
03-08-2006, 11:56 PM
I am looking for a collection system for my lazer z and am wondering if I should go with the Exmark unit that dumps from the seat. Is there any other oprions by sides from Exmark that some one could recomend or is this my best bet. It seems to me that the Exmark unit is kind of small. Thanks

Recently I had been looking at this also. Haven't decided yet, but my thoughts are if you get the "dump from the seat" model ,while it would be very handy, you have to always have a place to dump it. With the 2 or 3 bagger unit of course you can bag the leaves or grass.

Also the dump system has less capacity than the bagging system on any mower deck smaller than 60inch.

All are quite pricey as the bagging system starts around 1700.00 and the dump for about 2500.00 if I remember right.

Good luck with your decision, I'm still scratching my head on this one.

QualityLawnCare4u
03-09-2006, 12:48 AM
I have really enjoyed my QDS dump from the seat, makes bagging (which I hate to have to do) not as bad. However as burns60 pointed out if you dont have a place to dump and have to bag the debri up then it would be a lot more trouble. On these rare occassions I use my JD with the accelerator.

burns60
03-10-2006, 12:55 AM
I have really enjoyed my QDS dump from the seat, makes bagging (which I hate to have to do) not as bad. However as burns60 pointed out if you dont have a place to dump and have to bag the debri up then it would be a lot more trouble. On these rare occassions I use my JD with the accelerator.
I'll bet you are enjoying that dumper if you have a good way to get rid of the pickups.

Are you saying that you can put a bag in the QDS dump system and actually bag with it if you have to? I thought they would just dump only.

I may be more interested in it if you can do both with the QDS, but there is still the problem that with my 48 inch the dump would not hold as much as the bagger system.

Still wondering which way to go........for something that costly, I move pretty slow.