PDA

View Full Version : What do yall think?

mownredneck
03-08-2006, 11:48 PM
One of my buddies is in the bussiness, and he does pressure washing and bussiness has gotten busy. He has alarge commercial account he asked me to do for him. He is fixing to get somemore mowers and has two for sale, I need another one bad both mine are wearing out. So I said I would do it for 25% of the monthly bill which he said is about $350, and trade it out for one of his mowers. The place is about 4 or 5 acres big and would take probobly 7 to 10 hrs to do with three guys. I was just wonderin what yall think?

Daily Lawn/Landscape
03-09-2006, 12:09 AM
7-10 hrs for 5 acres 3 guys?????? Are you push mowing. Buy a ZTR and get it done in 2 hours.

lawn_pro
03-09-2006, 12:20 AM
it never ends.....lawnsite is awesome

Richard Martin
03-09-2006, 05:46 AM
Let's all do a little math together, you know, just for fun. I'm also going to present two scenarios, because you will soon see that everybody, including your buddy, is loosing out on this deal. I believe that's why he's willing to get someone else to do the job.

$350 is 25% of $1400. Okay so this commercial account pays $1400 a month. You say it should take 3 guys 10 hours to do this job. Multiply that by 4 cuts a month and you get a total of 120 hours a month (3 X 10 X 4). We divide 120 hours into $1400 and you get $11.67 an hour. It's no wonder the guy is willing to give you a mower in exchange for services rendered. He's loosing money every time he cuts it. My costs to operate are $19 an hour and I work solo.

Now to you. What kind of super brand new, highly efficient mower are you going to get for $1,050 a month? If you service the account for 40 mows that is 10 months. You will have paid $10,500 for this mower.

Maybe you can give a few more details and it might make the deal look better but from here it looks like an awful deal.

Sammy
03-09-2006, 06:56 AM
He is fixing to get somemore mowers and has two for sale, I need another one bad both mine are wearing out. So I said I would do it for 25% of the monthly bill which he said is about $350, and trade it out for one of his mowers. The place is about 4 or 5 acres big and would take probobly 7 to 10 hrs to do with three guys. I was just wonderin what yall think?
If he is getting rid of of two mowers that can't do the job now, why do you want them ?:confused:

mownredneck
03-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Ok ok I kinda messed up on my figurin. With 3 guys it would take probobly 4-6 hrs. I will be workin for him kinda and me using his equipment, him pay the labor for the other guys, the mower is a kabota 54" 18hp deisal commercial (whatever model it is).